Reviews for A SHADOWY CHRISTMAS
IcyWaters chapter 5 . 2/17
An exciting conclusion to a highly entertaining story. I was surprised to learn Lex Luthor was a puppet, his mind controlled by someone else. Too bad he won't learn from this experience, but we all know he will follow a path of evil.

I was a tad bit disappointed that the Shadow didn't allow Superman to keep his knowledge, but it does stay true to the character, so I can't fault his actions. I rather like the idea of him in the role of advisor to the world's superheroes, making sure they stay in line. I am a bit curious if he was able to read Superman's mind and learn he's also Clark Kent...

I like intelligent heroes, so I was thrilled when the Shadow accounted for all possibilities and had Jericho in the wings waiting to save his butt.

Thanks for the enjoyable read. Oh, as for Martha and the television set, it figures the first thing she'd see would be a commercial! Some things never change. :-)
IcyWaters chapter 4 . 2/17
"The life of a superhero, sitting on your butt freezing while you wait for something to happen..." Ha, that gave me a good laugh. Lois is neck deep in trouble and Superman and the Shadow should soon cross paths. I'm off to the big finale!
IcyWaters chapter 3 . 2/17
So, Lamont had his first nightmare in decades while Lex managed the first sound night of sleep in years... Nope, this can't be good. Is this a foreshadowing of the power Lex has obtained?

The passages about Kent's experiences during the war were beautifully written. They captured the horrors of battle and how they continue to haunt those involved for the remainder of their lives. Even the Shadow with all his powers isn't immune. It's interesting to learn Allard saving Perry wasn't such a joyous occasion for the hero of the hour.
IcyWaters chapter 2 . 2/17
Nice twists! I like the backstory of Perry serving with Kent in WWI and Lex having found Shiwan Khan's journal. You're doing a terrific job merging these two universes into one cohesive world.

The hospital scene was heartbreaking. It's always difficult to see family and friends coping with an illness that robs them of their energy and vitality. I felt bad for both Jericho and Lamont.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 2/17
Great start!

Margo Lane and Lois Lane... you can't find a better reason for a crossover than this. For what it's worth, I'm picturing Phyllis Coates as Lois. Most of my knowledge of the Shadow comes from the Alec Baldwin movie, so I really appreciated the backstory to the character you wove into the narrative. It's probably one of the clearest explanations of Kent Allard/Lamont Cranston I've read.

Looking forward the Shadow meeting Superman.
CharlesTheBold chapter 5 . 8/25/2012
Good ending, although I visualized it differently. I thought there would be a more dramatic "passing the torch" to the next generation, with Shadow giving Superman advice and letting him remember the encounter. But Shadow's sardonic remark about the new generation dressing up in "garish costumes", instead of staying out of sight as he does, was very funny. Also the revelation that Luthor was just the tool of somebody else.

By the way, I had an elderly grandmother who kept referring to her TV as "the radio". So Martha's reaction to her first TV was familiar. And being able to fly must have been an advantage to Clark, adjusting the antenna.
GrimlockX4 chapter 5 . 8/24/2012
Absolutely loved how you add a fantastic twist in the final chapter with the return of The Shadow's supposed deceased enemy and revealing he was controlling Lex Luthor as a puppet and just about everything else for chapter 5. :)
GrimlockX4 chapter 4 . 8/22/2012
I can't wait to see how The Shadow and Superman will react when they meet for the first time. :) Really enjoyed this well written out chapter a lot.

Good luck on the next chapter.
CharlesTheBold chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
Looks like everything is converging on the wedding, including maybe Lex's scheme. So is the Shadow's career coming to an end, one way or another, to be succeeded by Superman's?
GrimlockX4 chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
Things are looking up a lot, I can't wait to see how the next chapter goes.

Good luck to you.
CharlesTheBold chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Interesting to cross two superheroes from different eras. I don't know much about the Shadow except the famous motto ( I think I heard a recording of it in Orson Welles' voice), and I mainly think of the Superman story via "SMALLVILLE". Will this be a "pass the torch" sort of thing?