Reviews for Another Run of Events
Stardiouses chapter 2 . 1/30
Oooh, I love this story. I came for the Royai in the first chapter and I stay for Everytjing! I really like the plot idea and Roy and Ed relation. It seems to be going to develop naturally and not be OOC at all. I mean, I really see them as they are in the first chapter during the anime, so it fits perfectly, they are not being parent/son out of the Blue. And Riza's role is so good :).
I can't wait to read more and see the others characters.
Great story. I really liked how you used Envy. All the characters were interesting and well done, I thought.
Anonymous131 chapter 11 . 1/11
I am aware it's been some time since you finished this, but just in case you still look at the reviews every once in a while, I wanted to say this was awesome. I never read the original, but this one was well written and fairly realistic. It forced me to stay up late just to finish it, because I couldn't go to bed wondering how it ended. So, great work!
Joker chapter 8 . 12/14/2014
Okay, look. You don't know how much I love this story, and you never will. This is what I aspire to be. An exciting, entertaining author who keeps you on the edge of your seat, always twisting the story in ways your readers can't even comprehend. In short, I love you. Never stop what you are doing, and goodbye.
titania2811 chapter 11 . 11/17/2014
Amazing story... I like your writing style..
xxnarufanxx chapter 11 . 11/12/2014
a very nice story eventhough the last chapter was really confusing :D
KatieKaboom713 chapter 5 . 10/26/2014
You'd think some of those conversations about Ed would be picked up on at least Havoc's mic. I'm guessing since Ed changed clothes for gym, he wouldn't have the equipment on him anymore. I remember the first time I read this, that's what I expected - Hawkeye or somebody hearing everything being said and she or Roy talking to Ed about it. Did you intend for that at first and then took it out, or did it not cross your mind?
In case you didn't realize by now, I love this fic. This is my second time reading it. I really enjoy FMA/B stories with Ed going through stuff and actually not being all that. Being human, really. And when other people, like Roy and his team, realize, or it's really emphasized in their mind, that he and Al are still just kids. Because they are. I mean, with a life like their's, not every moment can be all hunky-dory like how I usually see them depicted. Anyway, great story, I'm going to finish rereading it now!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 11 . 10/13/2014
This was an intriguing read. :) Good work.
hypercell chapter 11 . 8/25/2014
I usually lurk but you make good points about trade
I really enjoyed this story. I plan to read more of your work.
JoJo chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
This is great! Absolutely love the transition from kid soldier to just kid. Looking forward to Roy and Ed's upcoming exchanges, too. (When he played the dad card...that was great :) )
pale-blue11 chapter 11 . 8/4/2014
This is one of my favourite stories ever. I loved Ed being at school :D thank you for writing this!
Here To Annoy chapter 11 . 7/27/2014
Amazing story! Tricky as hell with envy imitating everyone and you writing it so cleverly that the reader has to keep guessing and fretting. Evil writer you. Brilliant tho how you exclude just enough information that the reader is fooled but going back to read again it's fairly simple to tell where envy is. Diabolical! I love it!
bellofthesea chapter 11 . 6/30/2014
To begin, I will say that I did enjoy this story for the most part. The first eight chapters in particular were extremely well written aside from a few spelling and grammatical errors - medal for metal and petal for pedal - and some setting inaccuracies - SUVs, twinkies, and Cheez-its don't really belong in the FMA world but I excused these as artistic license. I enjoyed the characterization and the plot was fascinating. I liked the idea of putting Ed in a setting which would be typical for a child his age but very out of place for him considering his circumstances. The bullying factor was especially poignant. FMA downplays the cultural response to automail and such places as Rush Valley make it seem to be an everyday thing. But it makes sense that few children would have automail seeing as how such dramatic injuries among children are rare and it would be difficult to keep replacing parts as growth spurts necessitate. The idea that rich, sheltered children would view it as strange/frightening/creepy is not so farfetched. And bullies tend to single these sorts of things out. Seeing Ed struggle to fit in among his own peers when he has so little experience with it and when he can't truly be himself because he is undercover was extremely moving. His interactions with Roy and Havoc were wonderfully developed, particularly Havoc's struggle with having to discipline his superior and Ed consequent feeling of betrayal. And Ed's phone calls with Al almost made me cry.

All that being said, I was disappointed by the ending. While the last chapters were interesting in their own right, I felt as though I was reading an entirely different story. Envy didn't really seem to fit into the story overall and I didn't feel like anything was really resolved. First, they never did figure out the deal with the base. It wasn't Envy breaking in, so who was it and why? Supposedly the janitor, but we never even see this guy and his office mysteriously disappears. Strange. Second, nothing is ever resolved with Tommy. That kid needs to seriously get his ass handed to him. It would also be nice to see more of Ed's interaction with the teachers. The one scene with the science teacher was awesome. But we didn't get a reaction to his listing off the Periodic Table. Was the teacher impressed? Did any of the teacher's take a liking to Ed? I'd like to think so. Really, I'd have liked to see a situation occur in which Ed could show Tommy and the rest of the school just how awesome he really is. But no. Tommy and the rest of the school are kind of forgotten at the end with no lasting effects on Ed except maybe a closer relationship with Roy. But even that is severely downplayed in the end, with the focus shifting entirely to a rather lengthy battle with a somewhat OOC Envy who seems to have no real purpose there and just leaves at the end with Ed stuck to a magnet. The magnet thing is also weird and doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than to render Ed incapacitated and give Roy a complicated puzzle in figuring out how to get him down. And Roy and Ed's relationship is kinda glossed over at the end. I dunno. It just all felt lacking and I was rather disappointed with the conclusion. I do like your writing though and I'll be checking out your other stories. I would love to see you come back to this story and fill in those plot holes a bit.
kantellis chapter 11 . 6/29/2014
I really like the story, the idea and the words, everything )
I was only slightly disappointed with the ending - I hoped to read a huge battle between the school alchemists and the main characters but there was only Envy. It all was cool and in character but still, not what I expected.
But anyway, it was a real pleasure to read it )
Anon13942 chapter 6 . 6/21/2014
It's 3:30am where I am, but I can't seem to stop reading! You have a beautiful mastery of the complexity of human and their emotions... Thank you so much for your work!