Reviews for Can't Touch the Floor
tealrose chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Oh my goodness, it had me rolling! Enjoy your fun sense of humor! T
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I think I'm glad we never played that game in childhood. My parents' house had concrete floors.
daughterofthe1king chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I think this is my new favorite in the Gamesverse. :) Love it. We used to do this, but we had Noah's Ark in the midst of lava (not sure how a wooden boat covered in pitch actually survived the heat). We had to rescue all the animals and bring them to dry land through a series of chairs, couches, cushions, pillows, and blankets spread all over the house. Darn it. Now I have to teach my kids that game. I want to play again... :)
LittleMender chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I love these games! Short and sweet. Face red with *exertion*? After her statement about his taking her all the way? Uh-huh.
unearthlyangel89 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
That was fantastic! I laughed so hard through out this story! Thanks so much for writing and posting it! You made day so much better!
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Oh yes, did I ever play this game as a child. Of course, mine was similar to Cain's in form: jump the rocks across the creek, miss and go home soaking wet (expect to be punished). Lol was this story ever great! Poor Cain, does DG ever think about what her words (and actions) do to him, or is she doing this on purpose? :) Wouldn't put it past her.
tripwatcher2 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
LOL! Love it!
TheDuchessTab chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
LOVED LOVED IT!
Lcsaf chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Oh, the things that poor man does for those big blue eyes. I've decided that Cain promptly deposited the kid on the closest chair with easy access to the next piece of furniture and then went to his room to either have a mild heart attack or collapse into bed from exertion.

I must have been the only child who has never played this game.
EvilFaerie17 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Hahaha, this was (is/has been/always will be) one of my absolute favorite (childhood) games, and I'm glad that you incorporated it into your O.Z. universe :D My version of it was "The Floor is Lava". We also had a version in my elementary school gym class called "Mission: Impossible" where we had to go through something of an obstacle course with a given number of helpful items to get us from one side of the gym to the other without touching the floor, while being on the floor, before the other team. It was awesome XD (...I wanna play that, now...-_-)

I kinda feel bad for the pageboy at the end there...le sigh. He had so much potential. Lol. Well, maybe Cain and Gulch can just "train" him, yeah? I do not, however, feel bad for Cain being tackled to the floor because it is widely understood and known that, no matter what, he likes it :P Glad he helped her up without letting her touch the floor, though, that was awesome of him :) Then again, it always has been a bit hard for him to refuse those big blue eyes.

Anywho, I do so love these little snippets of yours and so I've decided to reread them all. Thanks for the reading material!

ttfn!
Faerie
Dreamingdreams chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
(laughing) I bet that page wishes he would have looked before he leapt onto someone without looking.

Cain's reaction to DG wiggling on him and asking him the questions she did was good!

And yep we played that game too. Especially if mom decide to air dry the recently moped floor :) fun times.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Hehehehe. Yeah, I know this game. I played it with my brothers in the basement of our house. That whole area was converted into a play area for us and was generally a complete mess, so we could usually climb around fairly well. Of course, we were far less forgiving than DG's version. You hit the floor (lava), you lose. No retries. And we usually aren't lucky enough to have a strong and helpful Tin Man to assist. I bet DG's enjoying that little perk.

Poor page, though. He's just gone from being someone that Cain considered as a useful recruit to someone who'll probably just die from stress and fear of beheading or something.

In summary, terrific work and highly entertaining. Keep up the great work.
T'PeeJ chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Oh my goodness me. That was fun. I enjoyed it very much.