Reviews for He's Our Son
So beautiful!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/18/2018
Good story
Zela Night chapter 1 . 5/3/2018
This just amkes it even sadder.
MissHyen chapter 1 . 2/12/2016
What a sweet story! I love Frigga and this was just a great read.
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
Great story. I loved the reasoning behind their actions.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
LOVE IT. SO PRECIOUS AND WONDERFUL WRITING!
wineandwhiskey chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Awwww poor sick little Loki :( *hugs him*
banhan chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
this was simply amazing 3
MystiStar1 chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Love it. Thanks for posting :)
ninepen chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Aw, this is such a sweet story. In these baby Loki stories Frigga's usually portrayed as loving him from first glance, which is also sweet, but probably not terribly realistic. I don't have kids but my impression from talking to friends with kids is that not even all new birth-moms feel that way! I'll never forget asking one friend, did you just feel this outpouring of love for this little girl? And she'd had a long and rough labor and she hesitated then said, "I was mostly just glad it was over!" Ha. So, yeah, the child of the enemy, and she has no way of knowing if he's going to turn back into a Jotun or if even maybe this is all some trick or something, or if their conception of Jotun behavior is genetic or conditioned (or of course even accurate). So I like that aspect of the story, there's a realism there that's less "romanticized" than most stories, and in general I like it when I read something different. ;-)

I like also that it's clear Odin loves Loki. Because I believe he very much does love Loki...he just doesn't know how to show it all that well as Loki grows up.

With so few words really you captured so well the passage of this time and the changes in Frigga's attitude toward Loki and how she comes to know his personality and comes to love him, and their realization of how much that has changed when he's near death. You described his descent very well, too, I could picture it, and I could feel Frigga's pain.

Just two lines of dialogue, one with "it" and full of uncertainty and question, one with "him" and full of love and determination.

Nicely done.
Shakespeare 6.7 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Well I'm just over here drowning in fluff and just overall dying from the cuteness...
Tigercard chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
This is so beautiful. I always pictured Frigga accepting Loki a little sooner, (before he could walk, like the moment he opens his eyes and looks up at her) but it makes sense how you paced it. Awwwww, this is just...the FEELS...WHY WAS I GIVEN EMOTIONS?! And I love how you wrote him as a gentle child and running after Thor, babbling Thor's name...so cute. I truly love this.
Homicide Genius chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Awwwh man, that was just so sweet. I think I might have contracted diabetes ;A;
Lady Charity chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Wow, I love the progression in this story. I think what I like best about this story is that you captured the realistic emotions of Frigga and Odin taking in a Frost Giant baby very well. Because even a heart as soft as Frigga's would still consider Frost Giants as not only the enemy but perhaps something lesser than AEsir, and you portrayed her wariness of Loki very well, even when she cared for her. I loved how it went from 'What do we do with it?' to 'We cannot lose him'-just the slight difference of the word 'it' to 'him' is very moving. You did a great job with this story!