Reviews for Someone Else's Wife
Kittenmommy chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Awww! Kevin sounds like a pain in the butt; Christine must've been in a really bad place at that point, LOL.
startrekgirl66 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
You've made Spock the sexiest man in the universe and Christine the luckiest woman!
guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Hi. Ok that was awesome. I'm in love with this. One tiny little nitpicky detail: Capetown is spelled incorrectly. If you mean the city in South Africa it's Cape Town.
LilahKat chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I squealed so loudly when I found Djinn fic. New Christine/Spock Djinn fic. (I'm also a big fan of your MASH Hawkeye/Margaret fic.) It's another knocked out of the park home run... Wow. Just wow. And I adore the Sarek angle. *mwahahahahah* Spock wondering if daddy would have pursued Christine himself if not for Amanda. (Yes, I am that crazy person who loves that other fic of yours.)
cowgirl dressage chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
As a former lurker, I just have to say I have always adored all your fics and have probably read all of them. Imagine my delight to find a new one I hadn't read. I am amazed at your ability to tell a story almost exclusively in dialogue. This one in particular is sweet.
Firewolfe chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
great story
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
That was great. I'm glad they found their way back to each other. I liked the angle of Spock resisting Christine in part because his father approved of her. Too bad Sarek never figured that out.

I really liked how you never neglect the small acts of pettyness that make us all real, and our brief moments of grace where we love someone selflessly and go to great lengths to make them happy. Your characters always resonate more with me because of this.

Also, the banter doesn't hurt

Thanks for posting!

-Ellie
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
OK, after reading this piece four times, I am finally going to review. What took me so long? The fact that there is so *much* packed in here, I couldn't decide what I liked best.

For one, it's probably the deepest characterizations of Christine Chapel I've read. Her "strength" in this story is not just a cliche, as it often is elsewhere. She's been beaten up in the relationship department, and she's licking her wounds, but she's not down - not by any means. Although she still loves Spock, he's not getting her so easily this time. She's angry at him for refusing her in the past, but she's not punitive. She understands his character enough to know that he has had factors in his background, cultural pressures that may have obstructed their relationship in the past, but that doesn't mean he's out of the proverbial doghouse. Christine is believable in this fic.

Spock has grown up since his TOS days. I suppose dying will put a perspective on life, and the whole Valeris deal sealed his initiative for finding his own true happiness instead of conforming to some goofy Vulcan ideal implanted in his younger self or his innate need to rebel against Daddy. Fortunately he always had a certain patience, which served him well in this story.

I also like his due diligence in examining the status of Kevin Porter's attachment to his wife before he proceeded too far with his plan. If there was hope for the relationship, Spock would have backed off. His moral compass remains intact, and Spock remains in character. Thank you.

I'm glad that Spock's "plan" included a friendship phase. I've always believed that a successful pairing depends not just on love, but on friendship as well. Meeting biological needs only goes so far; there remain the mental and social ones, which make up a greater portion of a relationship. At the end, Spock recognizes the benefits of having formed a relationship deeper than it would have been if they had been lovers only. He and she have melded into a true multi-faceted life partnership.

*sigh* A happy ending!
grayroots chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Loved it.
MizJoely chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I really enjoy how you write these two characters. The only complaint I have is probably going to surprise you: I king of which you'd posted this in separate chapters, the better to savor the build-up to the ending. Cause I'm the kind of person who, if the present is in front of them, opens it up right away instead of waiting. So I raced through this gem without stopping. And now it's over and I'm sad. Thanks for sharing.
geriatricfool chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
One of your best, and a new one from you is always a huge treat. I was also, incidentally, impressed by the way you were able to shift between their points of view without either confusion or clumsiness. Thank you, and please keep this kind of story coming. I don't know how you manage to find so many different ways to get this pair together in the same post-Khitoma time frame.
angym chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Wow!
startrekgirl chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Another gem of a story! I love these two together!
celticmusebooks chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I LOVE how you always find new ways to bring these two together! I found this charming and particularly "in character". A very interesting idea that Spock was subconsciously rebelling against his father. GREAT story!
murphycat chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is the most believable story, characterization wise, that you have ever written.