Reviews for The Other Shoe
BohemianBeyotch chapter 1 . 7/6
Okay, I really do love your writing, but it's just rude to make me CRY like that.
Mistycat chapter 1 . 6/8
Always wished the show had addressed this more so I was glad to read your story here. Thank you
Ever since the time Lucifer said "The rapier Witt, the Wittier rape!" in one of the hallucinations, I had a sinking feeling Sam had been tortured like that. You're writing style really detailed their talk-while-still-not-talking routine the brothers use, and especially Dean's reaction. As a victim of rape, I was waiting for someone to write about this without turning it into Sam/Lucifer where it seems okay and romantic, and without categorizing it as "romance". Thank you for writing this. Your writing was beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
Oh I love this! Such a powerful little piece! Great job and it just seems so in character that it's scary!
Kas3y chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Loved it. Great job.
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
This is truly a brilliant piece of writing. I joke about loving the limp/whumped/broken Sam stuff, and yeah, I do. There's a lot of us that love that genre. But this really captured a 'blink or you'll miss it moment' in the show, and dealt with it sensitively and perfectly in character, and it just about ripped my heart in two.
To say I loved this just sounds wrong somehow, I guess because of the subject matter. But I do love it. It's beautifully written, and it makes me ache deep in my chest and my stomach. What more can I ask for in a piece of writing! xo
Kamcquaaa chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Very well written! I really liked it! Great job
Garideth chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I remember when watching episode 7.15, Repo Man, and Sam was hallucinating Lucifer, and Lucifer said something like, "I miss that! The rapier wit! The wittier rape!" and I just froze in shock and horror. My mom and my sister didn't catch it at all, but I just sat there with this horrified look on my face and tears streaming down my cheeks as I realized what all Lucifer had done to Sam.

And then this... This just brought it all back. And I'm sitting here, at 3:15 in the morning, when no sane person should be awake, sobbing quietly into my sleeve so I won't wake up my family.

I can't really say that I liked this. Your writing style is fantastic. You captured their personalities and emotions so well. But I can't say that I liked it because I'm still just sitting here, crying for Sam and everything he's been through.

Which definitely means you're a fantastic writer. And this is still going in my Favorite Stories, even though I'm still crying.
AshleyMarie84 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This broke my heart! Poor Sammy! I loved Dean's reaction and thought the last paragraph describing Sam was spot on. This was really well written!
Dorothy4 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I loved that you got the talk/non-talk that Sam and Dean do. So little is actually said aloud, but they know each other so well it's all said. It was a nice story, if not a nice plot they dealt with.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
And that's exactly why I like Supernatural. Good story.
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
This is fucking phenomenal. Your characterizations, your description, the way you worked together the dialogue (perfect on its own) and the action, from Sam's flinches and obvious shame to Dean's nausea and pulling the car over and grabbing Sam to try to get him to *see* that he isn't as wrong as he thinks he is-it's just an amazingly well done fic. I feel like the hints at rape in the show are perfectly manifested here. Fantastic job :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Oh I love it. thank you
spnMom chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Brilliant, but subtle coverage of a touchy subject. From the moment Lucifer called him his "bunk buddy" I was waiting for something about this to come out. When Sam looked like a lost puppy while he was telling Dean what Lucifer was saying, I thought for sure Dean would pick up on it... but nothing. Thanks for letting Dean in on the secret.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Great story and told very well. Thanks!