Reviews for Amber and Emerald
shadowwolf76 chapter 34 . 11/21
it is great, but please finish the story
BlindFaunusGirl chapter 34 . 10/27
Good story, very enjoyable read. I hope that you continue this story at some point in time.
marcusvalor1701 chapter 22 . 9/30
Chaos is the realm of Apopis, not Bast. I love the idea behind this, especially the Egyptian mythology though. I know it’s probably been stated many times, but can’t wait for you to update.
Bromson20 chapter 34 . 8/6
I'm really enjoying the story so far and am eagerly awaiting Chapter 35 and seeing what you do for the 2nd Task. If you'd like a few quick laughs I have a one-shot up that I'm currently working on part two of the trilogy.

If I may point out something I noticed, during Christmas break during 3rd year Sirius is at the Grangers home and witnesses Harry's promise ceremony to Hermione and then at the end of 3rd year it is said that Sirius wants to see where Harry has been staying as if he wasn't there on Christmas.
Wolfboy1978 chapter 15 . 7/10
From my memories of various mythologies, ( I was very into every mythos when i was a teen,) so far you have been accurate, both in the lineage of Bast, and her purpose
E.Elliot chapter 34 . 7/2
I love it!
Ironcoil chapter 34 . 5/1
Wow is this an enjoyable story! Love the team you created around the cat couple and the strength each has gained through the group. Really hope you’ll return to this story as you have created something that leaves one really hoping to see the changes that’ll occur in the tournament. Thanks for the great read!
mark.press.9 chapter 31 . 5/1
is this fic up for adoption?
Stefan Schmierer chapter 34 . 3/27
Are there any plans for you to continue this super story? beyond the selection of the champions for the triwiz or is it the end of your writing? please don't let us readers wait for all eternity!
SamonIllmantrim chapter 34 . 2/20
An incredible story! One I am most sad was not completed. Still, thank you for sharing what you did.
WearyCurmudgeon chapter 24 . 1/25
While unlikely that you'll ever finish this (unfortunately), I do have to point out some fallacies in this chapter.

Sorry for the length.

- Dementors
Sirius says "It's documented as such, and seems to be so", but the thing is "everyone knew" he was guilty as well, when he wasn't. The vast majority of wizards aren't exactly all that apt at the scientific method or how to properly observe and document things.

The Unspeakables are a probable exception, but they don't talk about their work or have it published, so there's no way to tell.

Anyway, the notion of Dementors feeding on happiness seems to be one of those Wizarding beliefs that JKR put into the text and not fully considered the consequences of such.

Or even acknowledged the idea that while the Magicals may believe this, that doesn't mean it's true. (Something an author occasionally has to do to provide further characterization and avoid turning characters into being an authorial mouthpiece.)

Case in point the Patronus and the difficulty of learning it and how it was NEWT level or beyond. (Don't recall the exact phrase that Remus used.)

Setting Harry aside as an aberration, that still leaves the DA learning it in Harry's 5th year. A DA that also had 4th Years in it. And yet they all learned it. Meaning that what was believed to be true and supposedly well documented clearly wasn't anything of the sort.

IF what was believed about Dementors to be true, was indeed actually true, then the Patronus wouldn't be able to ward them off. It would be a 5 star meal instead.

In addition, if you're trying to feed off of positive emotions then why instill negative ones in your prey? That means less sustenance.

If they fed off joy, than it would make far more sense to put their prey in a deliriously happy state a la the Lotus Eaters from the Odyssey. (Or that Eternal Mangekyo Genjutsu that Kaguya used to drain people (twice) and turn them into White Zetsu, or the parasite used by Mongol vs. Superman in the DCAU. (The Superman birthday episode.)

No.. It makes far more sense for them to feed off of misery, fear, grief, sorrow etc. Which is exactly what their aura invokes in their prey.

Twisting good memories or making them inaccessible thus further enabling the feeding frenzy.

It also explains their soul consumption as those souls are kept in perpetual misery, thus providing the Dementor with sustenance when they can't feed on other sapient beings. (Like a snake eating a large meal and then not having to eat for weeks while it digests).

Their soul consumption doesn't make any sense if they fed off of joy as claimed. Because souls denied the chance of going to the afterlife aren't going to be feeling very joyful/happy.

Which further tacks on the infertility issue. Destroying the ability to conceive in some of its prey to further their misery would fit the pattern.

HOWEVER, it must be noted that this isn't a hard rule, considering that Bellatrix was in Azkaban nearly as long as Sirius and didn't have an Animagus form to hide in, yet STILL was able to conceive Delphini and bring her to term.

Plus let's not forget, Sirius is from an old Pure Blood line and that tends to mean inbreeding (even more so considering his parentage and their blood ties) and that can and will negatively effect fertility.

So how much of his infertility was caused by the Dementors ("Nurture") and how much was Nature is up in the air. Or even if he was on the tipping point anyway with the Dementors pushing him over.

*Shrugs*

Still, your inclusion of the Expecto Perditor in latter chapters might explain why her infertility went unaffected. Bella is a big old ball of hate and aggression. That may have inadvertently shielded her of the infertility inducement by the Dementors aura.
Lady Whitlock-Black chapter 34 . 11/19/2021
Are you going to finish this story? If not can I have rights to it and finish it?
suziq968 chapter 34 . 10/8/2021
Just read this again and am begging for more. I'm sure you get that a lot.
lovelylexi.3483 chapter 34 . 7/6/2021
Update anytime soon?
Magemaster chapter 32 . 6/29/2021
ok, 1-I love the line Divination classes have been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances. I laugh every time I read it. 2-I enjoy your characterization of Dumbledore, Snape, and McGonagall. 3-I just love this fic in general. I like re-reading it.
1,548 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »