Reviews for Partners
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
At Least she's not alone.
JoBelle chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
I love the short sharp declarative sentences here, they're to the point and very Myka

This is just YES! This is Myka right here.

/She'll provide answers and facts, share observations relevant to the situation. But her emotions, her past, she keeps those to herself. If people want to know how she feels, they'll ask.

No one ever asked./

This though

/She wouldn't have to survive again. A life without Pete would never exist. If they ended on tomorrow's assignment or years down the road, their fates were tied, entangled.

They were partners. They'd never be alone./

This made my breath catch, it's so much better than an I love you or a kiss, it's forever and it's very very them and so comforting. Lovely work :)
curiositycollection chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
This is a great angle on Myka's POV.
Your premise is so interesting - comparing and contrasting Myka's relationships with Sam and Pete. Also, you've set up an insightful contrast between alone-ness and partnership.
This is a wonderful piece of writing!
othiara chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Love it! This is wonderful.
LizaBooks chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Absolutely beautiful. Loved every word. Good job with the bond between them. It's hard to identify but you hit it right on the head. Sending this to me sister right now!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
This is brilliant and adorable and very very sweet. I'm such a Myka/Pete shipper, but this is one of the few fics I've read that really captures their relationship to one another. Fantastic, and keep up the good work!
rustyliver chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
This is beautiful. I like the contrast between Myka's relationship with Sam and her with Pete. How she opens the door little by little for Sam and here's Pete who doesn't wait and just breaks the door.

"He kept asking" is my favourite line even though it's such a simple sentence because you did a good job building up to it.
Weird-Ally-Ilikesuperheroes chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
That was very very touching and I feel very very sad for Myka now...
Mathmel chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Great story! I really enjoyed it! :)
kbcountry37 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Amber, I l
WeBuiltThePyramids chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I love this, Jaybird. You already know that I love it but I figured I should tell you again anyway. I always loved that line from Pete so much, and you using it as the...I don't want to say 'punch line' but a serious story's version of that, to show how she's not going to be hurt like she was with Sam, was just awesome.

Though now I'm just glad it's a fictional show and Pete and Myka REALLY won't lose each other since they're the main characters, because poor Myka's got the mindset that if something happens to Pete she'll be there too and it will happen to her but she wasn't there for Pete's death scene so thank Cow that she doesn't know that she so easily could have lost him and would have had to deal with that too.

Ah, poor Myka.

But yes, I totally agree with Myka's introspection here, this is what their relationship is and this is what she is thinking, and I so hope she doesn't have to know any different.