Reviews for The Bear and the Wolf
JC chapter 4 . 11/13
I really wish Unrelenting Force would work on the doors in the game. :( Nice work.
MirwenAnareth chapter 60 . 10/27
Fuuuu. It took me some time to read this whole thing, but I have to say it was well worth it! You are an amazing author with great talent and I just love how you write the characters. And yes, you made Ulfric stand out, in a good way.

I think there are two things that bothered me slightly (and I know it's kind of late to review like this but I came across this story just a few weeks ago and maybe you can use this review for your future stories): first, a very minor thing, sometimes it seemed like you changed a sentence and some extra word that should have not been there remained, so there were a few parts that were harder to read.

Second, this one is a little graver - Orthorien's motive. It seemed kind of weak and shallow compared to the overall complexity of the story. I know you were trying to mainly focus on the characters and their development and you did a great job at that, but it just sounds a little strange that he would take personal interest in her over such a petty thing and then follow the pattern you described (sorry, it's really hard to explain this without spoilers for the people who read reviews first).

Anyway, overall I loved it and the usage of the dragon language at the end was awesome! (It did add that special touch to it... :))

Oh, and I'm happy I found a Blackmore's Night fan, there are almost none in my country!
KaiserKou chapter 1 . 9/6
My old high-school teacher was named Kajsa. It made this really hard to read with a straight face, but I love it. You, good sir, are a genius.
wolvenlegend chapter 60 . 7/20
I've been readin thia story nonstop for the past two days and while its a sorta older fic, I wanted to let you know how much I liked it and to get you to a solid 800 reviews :)
Brandiemay chapter 60 . 7/13
I loved the story SO FUCKING MUCH! I read it all through the school holidays, and with all the satisfying chapters I was busy. But my only let down was how you kept saying "dragonic". That's not the right word, dragon tongue is the right word, for some reason I just didn't like it and got a little irritated at it, and the fact that ulfric was about 48-49 and the dragonborn was in her mid- twenties, (like u said at the start of the story), that just felt wrong. But that's not your fault and I just brushed it off, all in all it was so awesome and I think reading it while travelling in the back seat of a car and getting car sick from reading it was worth it! XD
Julyz111 chapter 8 . 7/4
This fic taught me that Ulfric Stormcloak is a arrogant and selfish BITCH of a man. If he wasnt unkillable I've would have scorched his face off long ago. To tell the truth I've started on this story in hopes of curing myself of my latent stormcloak hatred because on my first game I resolutely went with the imperials and now im trying to discover new point of view on the civil war quest. But sadly it looks like you just cemented my first choice. Its not that I think your story is bad actually, I liked this fic a LOT it was just Ulfric who was rubbing me the wrong way (enough for me to go ingame and slaughter half of Windhelm, starting with MrHandsomeAsshole of course.) I hope you will keep up the good work ;)
safranbrod chapter 19 . 6/3
Off topic but I saved the game before picking a side for the civil war and did both. I picked stormcloak first since everyone's been harping on about how people should have the right to worship and blah blah. I ended up regretting being part of rebellion. :c Hated it the outcome. The racism and the drunk glory pride whatever of the nords were depressing as heck. I honestly preferred the legion- didn't feel good killing Tullius and Rikke...

Ulfric was MUCH MORE fun and challenging to kill at the end of the war. (Though even in legendary, he was still easy. Alduin was much scarier- and don't get me started with the dlc LOL!) It's true when you meant it's all grey though. If I had a true choice, I'd go with no sides and have no part in it. Not good for Skyrim, I in all honesty, I'd rather kill some thalmor lmao. I have nothing against elves or nords. I just hate the racism. OTL
Yooooouuuuu are such a tease. I just want them to be together and it keeps getting postponed! I do love this story though :)
XMinerCobra chapter 37 . 5/5
I wanted the College to join them...daw...I thought Kasja will do that at least
Not actually of any relevance to the (marvellous) story, but the roman numeral for 50 is an L, and 49 is therefore IL. While I'd love to be constructively criticising about your story, I haven't actually found anything to criticise, so I'll leave it at this. Love the story and please keep writing!
Dinok chapter 60 . 3/15
Lot tey Zu'u uld orin faan tinvaatey zeim mindin ek. Nuz tul lot tey.
OedonWrithe chapter 17 . 2/24
Wow that was actually a really dick move on Ulfric's part, in hindsight.
schwarzerkater chapter 51 . 2/1
I was wondering, in the Thalmor report you can find about Ulfric you can read that he was tortured. That he has so few scars was a little confusing for me.

But great work with all the details and the storywriting so far. It's the first FF I read from the TES and I love it. :) Thank you so much for sharing!
20Nina11 chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Wow, welcome in the Mary Sue land i guess.
No seriously, she is beautiful, can everything and all the "important" people love her. Also too much unnessesary drama in my opinion.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/1/2014
Here's what we know of Kajsa so far:

She is from Skyrim. She is half Nord, half Breton. She is in her mid twenties. She has full red lips and hair the color of raw umber. She is a very good thief who never gets caught, even though she burglarized an occupied house in the middle of the night and boldly pickpocketed a sleeping woman because she might have something in her pockets while she is lying asleep in her pajamas. She also managed to be completely silent in an old wooden house in the middle of the night, where there are presumable servants and residents and possibly guards.