Reviews for Winter's Rose
Jellico chapter 18 . 7/28/2013
I found this story while following the trail of someone who favorited a story of mine, and boy, what a find, what a treasure. Very well done, Barkelyfan. The beginning was wonderfully intriguing and the ending was just right. Thanks for sharing it.
moira4eku chapter 18 . 9/21/2012
Good golly, you had me crying by the end of this story. Blubbering like a baby, now. I dearly hope Heath can recover from such tragedy. I never saw what Rose was going to end, still kinda shocked how she took matters in her own hands at the end. I guess she is at peace now, though. I hope Nick is right about how Heath will be. I just dearly hope she wasn't going to have a baby, that would have been another wound in Heath's heart to heal. Thanks for a great story, I really enjoyed it from start to finish.
moira4eku chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Very interesting history on the Spa. I was wondering if you had made it up but now I know it actually existed! Poor Heath, I think he is in for some major heart ache, along with Rose because there would have been no cure for her mental conditions. I hope she will go willingly to the Napa Spa. Looking forward to reading the conclusion of this fascinating journey.
Sapphire Dawn chapter 18 . 9/12/2012
Yea, he will be fine. After all he is a Barkley. :)
Sapphire Dawn chapter 17 . 9/12/2012
I pray for the best to.
Sapphire Dawn chapter 16 . 9/12/2012
Glad his brother is with him along with Mr. Hunter.
kimber1461 chapter 18 . 9/12/2012
Poor Heath! He always had to be fine. Seems he never had any other choice...wonderful story!
moira4eku chapter 16 . 9/11/2012
Shoewee! I'm so glad that Nick and Ross have finally caught up with Heath and Rose. So far, Rose is holding her own but it's tenuous at best. I hope they can get to the ranch before anything else can befall our Barkley boys. I'm holding out hope that Rose is not "expecting" because that would be a whole lot of heart ache for Heath. I wonder how Rose's grandfather will react? What kind of problems can he cause? I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter.
kimber1461 chapter 16 . 9/11/2012
I smell more trouble!
Sapphire Dawn chapter 15 . 9/10/2012
i hope rose manages to stay and keep delilah away.
moira4eku chapter 15 . 9/9/2012
Wow, Rose just realized that Delilah is actually her. Perhaps that is the key in helping her, but back then, mental illness was such an unknown. I hope Heath can keep Delilah at bay and get Rose to be strong and get off that mountain. Delilah is really wily. I do like how Heath is handling Rose here, hopefully, his tactic will continue to work. Looking forward to reading more!
moira4eku chapter 14 . 9/9/2012
I hope Rose can tell Heath whether or not "Delilah" lied or not. I guess Heath is right in that he will have to go for custody of the baby if there is one because Rose will never be in her right mind, poor girl.

The flashback of Heath's experience at Carterson was so sad. Perhaps he should have lied and said his father was dead but then again, Heath is a truthful person and that would not be in his character. How sad to lose a friend especially in that horrible place where he would need all the friends he could get. I hope that so called friend didn't tell anyone in the camp because that really would have made Heath's life hell.

Looking forward to reading the next chapter!
moira4eku chapter 13 . 9/9/2012
Well, I was afraid that was what "Delilah" was holding over Heath's head. I'm very intrigue how Heath can departmentalize his feelings for Rose and Delilah. Loved how he put Delilah in her place and in no uncertain terms! I'm dearly hoping that Rose is not pregnant because that will put real heartache on Heath because there will be no way Heath will let Rose be committed like she should be.

I hope Nick and Ross soon catch up to Heath, he really needs his brother more than ever. Looking forward to reading the next chapter.
13Sarah94 chapter 15 . 9/9/2012
Talk about a fight. And time being the number one enemy.
kimber1461 chapter 15 . 9/9/2012
Oh Heath...what a mess you're in!