Reviews for This Is Your Brain On Drugs
ferret assassin nin chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Somehow I can see Robin giving Cal the drug on purpose as either an experiment to see how he would respond to the drug or just for the knowledge that it would make Cal impossibly loopy. Cal's lucky to have such a stoic and logical brother. Cal's hilarious when he's drugs, especially when he's freaking out because he can't stop talking. And, I have a feeling Robin used one of his many contacts to get a hold of that drug. What is he doing with a drug like that, anyway? Wait, I don't want to know the answer to that question. Lol

This is brilliant story and I'm absolutely in love with it.

ferret nin
Miranda Crystal-Bearer chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
I said what, I clicked, and...I laughed. Hard. My husband keeps giving me this funny look - I think he thinks I'm crazy.

This was hilarious and sad and beautiful, and I can just see Niko's eye twitching. Fantastic!

Kudos again, this was marvelous, and I am recommending it to all my friends!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
This felt as if Rob Thurman wrote it. I think you have the flavor of both characters. Great job!
lexical gap 47 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
amazing, as usual! i actually couldn't stop laughing the whole time i was reading this-and may i just say, i think your "cal voice" is the best i've ever heard.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
loved it! 10/10 :)
anon chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Shouldn't it be death-defying places(as death-defying means not allowing death)? NON death-defying would be something lethal wouldn't it?
No pen names left chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Drugged Cal...loved it!
sunnysfunny chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Munching on doritos and a sandwhich while reading.

When I was on heavy duty meds I remember complaining "This stuff is supposed to make you feel beter not worse."

Good read. I hope Riley is feeling better!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Awwwww. I love these guys soooo much! You really do them justice, too.

Love that Nik put Cal in Nik's bed to recover. Cal's right, Nik would never even be able to get a chair into Cal's room. :D

Well done. :)

PS Hope Riley is all well now. :) *pets her*
Obi the Kid chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
To the ANON poster that gave me a head up about my Quincy Jones/Quincy, M.E. typo...THANK YOU! I didn't catch that at all until you said it. I think I've gotten that part edited so the change will show up soon. If not, I'll mess with it after work. Thanks agin!

Obi the Kid
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Okay...

Lemme just say to start that I am a HUGE fan of yours, especially the Cal Leandros stuff. You're an amazing author, and you manage to wrestle scenarios that seem completely random into wonderful, in-character, touching stories... a lot like Rob Thurman herself, actually. I love, love, love, LOVE your work. :)

Also, I a) just finished reading Doubletake and am now completely caught up with the series, and b) just yesterday watched a certain movie about a certain Who-hearing elephant with my little brother. I squeed, so hard. Little Cal on Niko's lap, listening to big brother read Dr. Seuss is now my newest headcannon. :)

Sometimes, I'll mention all my favorite quotes from the story in the review, but there were so many of them, I don't think I'd quite manage that this time. Just suffice to say that I love your dialogue, I think your characterizations are spot-on, I love how you write Cal and Niko, and I'll see you next time! (Oh, and sorry for lurking around your profile without letting you know I was there for so long.)

Zany
anon chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
As always, I LOVE your stories. You write Cal and Niko very well and I look forward to more! However, just an FYI, I think you meant Quincy,ME, not Quincy Jones (who was a record producer). BTW Quincy ME worked on bodies not living people. I don't mean to sound overly critical but that really jumped out at me. Again, I do really, really enjoy your work (you're on my favorites list on my computer.) I'll shut up now.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Love this, as always. You've got a great grip on their characters. Tell me, are you on Live Journal?