Reviews for Right This Time
CircleSky chapter 16 . 7/17/2013
Lovely ending to another great story! Ominous though, what with the camera flash. Is their relationship going to get out in the press for good now? I'm looking forward to see if Bonnie will be moving in as well. Will be tuning into the next one, for sure. Thanks for sharing!
CircleSky chapter 6 . 7/15/2013
Oh no!
CircleSky chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
I love that you are going to do the fairytale episode next! I seriously cracked up laughing at Mike's line "delivered in a Texas-twang falsetto that sounded like it was filtered through ground glass.". And then I cracked up laughing all over again when "He finished with a sweet smile, finger pointed under his chin" because that is exactly how he did it on the show. Perfect characterization! I really enjoyed Mike and Peter's conversation. It was very in-character. In particular, Mike's line, "Man, I don't need this trouble!" And Pete's "What's up, man, you look like you just got your draft notice." I didn't just read these lines, I heard these lines in their voices. Over all, and I'm not sure I've mentioned it but I've certainly been thinking it, I really think your characterizations of Peter and Micky are spot on, not to mention Mike. (It's like you're in my head, seeing these characters exactly as I see them.)
I love how Bonnie is persisting in calling Mike a cowboy and, as you've indicated here, his frustration to that is intensifying. Cute! The line about the starched underwear and hitting the high notes was pretty funny too. I thought the conversation between Bonnie and Phyllis was very realistic, considering whom they know/assume each other to be. I want to give you longer reviews, more often, because your stories deserve that. But I must apologize if I don't. I'm writing this on my tablet which is behaving so buggy, it's probably taken me over a half hour to write this much. Writing reviews on my tablet is making me pull my hair out! Unfortunately my computer is nearly dead, so tablet it is. I just wanted you to know this is some quality work you've done here. Bonnie is a great character and I welcome her into the Monkees universe. (Have you ever seen the Chris Isaak Show? I haven't seen it in years but she reminds me of Yola in some ways and this universe reminds me of that universe. Great show. You should check it out, if you can find it.) I digress, your characterizations are great. Keep it up! Also, have you ever considered writing stories from the perspective of within the show? If you did, I would definitely check them out!
smoshen chapter 16 . 3/2/2013
What a great ending! I'm sad it's over, but this was great :) Loved the song, but I don't remember the lyrics, was it one of Mike's or something you came up with? They were wonderful lyrics either way! I'll really be hoping to hear more from Mike and Bonnie in the future! Terrific story!
smoshen chapter 15 . 2/9/2013
That ending was very touching :) I love how much Ari cares for Bonnie even after she's been away for so long. I'm glad Mike got to see the gravestones, I'm sure that it will give him yet more insight to Bonnie's life, and his own, soon enough. Well done!
jenben chapter 14 . 1/26/2013
Oh, the 60s. Peace, love, hideous clothes, drugs, people dying in pools of their own vomit. It's nice that three of those five things have carried into future decades.

It seems that Bonnie has got the whole associate producer thing figured out; she lied so gracefully. I think it'd be super creepy to be dating a famous person like that. You go out for a walk and people are taking pictures of you and putting them in magazines. I guess it's lucky I don't know any famous people.
jenben chapter 13 . 1/3/2013
I don't know what an associate producer is, but I feel like it's not too different from production lackey.

I was surprised by your use of the MFer word, but I know for a fact that plenty of people used it in the late 1960s. You didn't hear that stuff on television, but people having been using obscenities since the beginning of time. For example, "Stop trolling, MFer."
smoshen chapter 13 . 12/28/2012
Oh boy...even away from the cameras, Peter STILL managed to screw something up! Gotta love they boyishness of the others on the phone though, the "Save Peter Tork" made my day. And good riddance to Kirshner! I can't wait to see whatever it is you have in store for all of the promotions, and what'll happen to Mike's head next with his.
BananaDaiquiriTimeLord chapter 13 . 12/28/2012
can't tell you how happy i was to see this notification in my inbox. this was such a sweet chapter, full of that mike and bonnie banter we've grown to know and love :) can't wait for the next installment!
jenben chapter 12 . 11/26/2012
I'd like to point out that some of us sleep like armadillos because it's the only way to stay warm when the mercury falls out of the thermometer.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going now that the guys have the run of the music asylum. Although I most enjoy the Mike/Bonnie relationship (too bad they didn't get to make up properly), your depictions of and interactions between the other characters is also a lot of fun to read.
NatashaPavlova chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
Yay for mike and Bonnie! TheY finally got control!
Guest chapter 12 . 11/22/2012
gorgeous. just gorgeous. can't wait for more!
smoshen chapter 12 . 11/22/2012
Man...dickhead Kirshner..."always a delight!" I like how you went from Mike and Bonnie to the other three guys like that, always cool to hear their side. And I'm glad Mike and Bonnie made up too, that was a really sweet start to the chapter :) keep it going!
MissMelysse chapter 11 . 11/12/2012
I know, I know, I haven't left a review in AGES. But I've just finished catching up on this, and, I do love what you've done. Seriously, you write really nuanced relationships, and even when I'm not a particular fan of the world, your work is always compelling.
feelingtwofootsmall chapter 11 . 11/5/2012
Groovy. Sigh. Oh man.

I'm going to get a little personal here and say that this chapter hits home for me because my best friend, who happens to be the most dependent on me out of all the people in the world, is also the only person I trust with enough of me that I can talk things out with him. In one of those annoying twists of fate, he also happens to be the subject of some unrequited affection on my part, and sometimes I get so angry at him and can't even begin to tell him why- because he's the only one I can realistically come to about things, but when the problem is how I feel about him or about his problems and illnesses and broken things, I can't come to him and it drives me crazy with no one I can trust to "lay all the cards down," like Bonnie says. I don't know if that's at all how you intended her lines to come off, but I sympathized with her for those emotions and in that respect, I could really get a feel for her.

You have no idea how refreshing Bonnie is compared to some OC's. Well, okay, you probably do. But to have a relatable character who isn't a generic personality or some perfect pixie-girl named Trixi is a complete accomplishment, and one you really should feel proud of.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »