Reviews for The Afterlife
IronAmerica chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
It's up, it's up! Awww...it's the epilogue? :(

Vince is a sweetie. And overprotective. (You forgot a parentheses, by the way.)

And Conrad's lucky he's nowhere near Vince at this point. Ghost or not, whatever Vince would do to him would *hurt*. At least Jamie's got what she wants. :3

Somehow, I think Max has figured out how to change the clothing thing to suit him. (As if he'd be stuck in whatever he died in. :P)

"Upon himself", not "amongst himself". Unless Max is fishing a preacher out of his ectoplasm...? Either way, he's being a sweetie.

This was a lovely chapter. Favorite part, naturally, was Conrad's fate. (Why do I have the feeling that Deveraux is either the crazy-ass conductor or would get along with the man extremely well...? *nervous laugh*)

My only quibble, aside from those noted above: I still prefer Scales. I know it's a Vinwell story. I'll not say more. (Although if I can request a snapshot, I'll put in a request for a Dales scene-mayhap Dana calming Dom down and putting the fear of True Death in Max for terrifying her boyfriend? :P)

Sad to see this one end.

XxDeathStarxX chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
That was a great last chapter! So sweet! Loved to see Vince watching Jamie like a hawk and making sure that she was well cared for. Job well done :)

I could see everything in this chapter happening after Jamie was rescued from The Lich in the show, if Vince and Jamie had already stepped further in their relationship... and they were ghosts of course :D

"'What's wrong?' the brunette whispered against his lips, 'why'd you stop kissing me?' she added in a slight whine." Aww, how cute is that! Vince might stop kissing her again some time soon just to get that cute reaction ;)

This was my favorite chapter and I'm pretty sure that you know at least two of my favorite moments from the previous chapters.
Troll99 chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
I love it! And so they will stayed dead happily ever after. LOL

Great ending to a beautiful story. Yeah, sounds a bit morbid, to say nice and great and so on for a story, dealing with the dead, spirits... But it’s still so – beautiful story. Hell, even ghosts deserve to be happy, right? And if poor Jamie couldn’t be happy while alive, than it’s only fair for her to see what real happiness is in the death.

Thanks for the story, I really enjoyed it.
XxDeathStarxX chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
"The blonde cop chuckled bitterly to himself; no matter what dimension, that jackass would always be trying to take his girl away from him. She was his, dammit!" That's the spirit! It was nice to see him becoming the Cape - at least temporarily - to save his girl :)

"'Well… I suppose the wedding is off?' he replied quite timidly. Vince looked down at Jamie as he took her into his arms. 'Yeah, I think that was my way of an objection,' he chuckled half-heartedly. More importantly, he had his ghost girl and he always would." Lol, I really liked Vince's way. He certainly made his position clear XD

Good chapter! Can't wait for the epilogue.
Troll99 chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
From The Lich with love. Not nice, but interesting chapter. Why not nice? Clear - Jamie fell into hands of her worst nightmare again, however, this time salvation was closer and on time (not like the police that's always too late - lol). Still she, as well as Vince, had to suffer again.

I hope they put Conrad on the train with the loony conductor and that it crashes, never to be seen again. He deserves nothing less than that for being so cruel to poor Jamie. Burn in hell, Conrad! Oh, wait ... he's already in the Underworld. Oh well ... quarter him, burn him, eviscerate him ... I don't care as long as he's classified as dead dead and off the scene forever. How do you kill a dead ghost? Hmmmmm ... interesting question.

Hey, why call the wedding off? Just change the groom. Oh well, Jamie really should recover first, but ... the preacher could be informed that he'll have to perform a ceremony again ... very soon, but this time with a willing and happy bride and a different groom (who just happens to love the bride). At least I expect you'll give them the pleasure of getting married. Poor girl really deserves to be a happy bride and marry a man whom she loves and who loves her no matter what.
IronAmerica chapter 7 . 10/16/2012
It's updated! Yay! :D

Poor Dominic. :( He needs a hug. (And I so want to see more of the carnies teasing him. Just so he can snap at them and receive cuddles from Dana later, of course. Tumblr, this is all your fault, I swear.)

Conrad is good at ruining things in this story, isn't he... I wonder if he was somehow behind Vince getting shot... :S Hm. *shrugs* Whatever. He's still a jerk.

Vince, you're a cop. You *should* worry about the fact that your girl is missing because she left with a creepy guy who makes Ruvi look like a sweetie. *sighs* Go find her!

Poor Jamie. At least she's got a nice fever dream to distract her, right...? Right? *sighs* Yeah. Go kill Conrad now, please.

Hooray for Vince! And his magic cape. :D And for Dominic. God knows what's going to...you know what. I don't care what happens to Conrad. I hope the crazy train kills him. Drops him off a cliff. Please.

*lols at the preacher* That's hilarious! :D :D :D :D

I love this story. :) No quibbles here. Not really.

XxDeathStarxX chapter 6 . 10/12/2012
What a nice train, blood and all. At least they didn't have to pay for the ride :D

"'This is so much better than staying at the apartment,' Jamie deadpanned, glaring over at her ghost boyfriend. 'I'm blaming this on you if we die again.'" Of course! I bet Vince would've been very surprised if she didn't :P

"Jamie looked back at her boyfriend and their two friends. 'Does anyone think that—' she squeaked as her ghost boy picked her up bridal style and carried her far from where they stood before." That was my favorite moment this time. So cute :) It seems that I'm very fond of things like that. If I remember right I just picked Vince shutting Jamie up with a kiss as my favorite moment in some recent chapter of your stories. How despicable of me to love the moments in which our Jamie is so rudely interrupted when she's talking XD

Good work!
Troll99 chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
Funny, but my first connotation at the beginning of this chapter was the train for the Hogwarts School ..., with Harry Potter & Co. aboard. lol

No, seriously, I think it's interesting that the ghosts aren't even sure they could get to the Underworld. Well, that means it would be even more dangerous should they try to get back to visit the world of the living ... Oh well, if there's a copy of everything in the underworld ... then there's actually no burning need to go back for a visit.

I'm glad that they all made it, and even more glad that they've found shelter with Max. Wait ... that means they're all dead too, right? All dead, all dead (phrase, but I'll give credit to Brian May nevertheless).

Only two more updates left? Soon, please!
IronAmerica chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
Hooray for new chapters! :D

Well that sucks. Dying after you think it can't happen anymore? That just...sucks. *huggles the ghosties* :(

Ah, Dana. Jamie's going to kill you for this. *snickers* If the train doesn't kill her first... :( What a nutty train. Who built that thing?! Kill the engineer!

Poor Vince. Even dead he can't get away from his old life. He just doesn't have any luck, does he? At least Dana and Dom have an idea of where to go.

It's the Carnival! Yay! :D And Raia is Team Mom! Eeeeee! :D

Poor Dom. :( Everyone else is happy, but... Awwwww. :( *cuddles him*

Lovely chapter, though. Didn't spot any quibbles.

IronAmerica chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
Hey, it's a new chapter! WOOOOOOO!

I don't think we actually have a fate, and there's some screwey god up there shaking the board every time we're about to become great. (It would explain a lot, honestly.)

Awwwww. Poor Vince. :( *huggles him* And...and... *bursts into tears* Well, at least it's quicker this way... :'( *walks away to find some tissues*

At least Leslie's got *some* measure of comfort...right? :'3 *hugs Dominic and Dana* Thank god for them, I guess. (All I can say to Leslie is: Life sucks. Then you die.)

Family reunions should never have to happen like that. :( No matter how much the relative was loved or how much they annoyed you, they never should have to happen like that. *cuddles Vince's family*

At least the story ended on a happy note in this chapter... But if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some tissues. And some coffee.

No quibbles.

XxDeathStarxX chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
"Now that her own boyfriend could finally touch her, she was ecstatic."

They really need that separate cabin soon or they will drive everyone crazy with their pent-up passion ;D

"'If you two don't play nice it's you two that will be sleeping in the same cabin,' Dana quirked an eyebrow, daring either of them to say something. When both of them tensed up and grinned sheepishly back at their girls, they just celebrated their victory with a high-five."

Lol. That was one of those threats that always works on men.

Good work!
Troll99 chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
So, no one had to do it, destiny took over and made a physical contact between our lovebirds possible. Nice solution. I feel sorry for the ones left behind, but am glad that Jamie and Vince can finally be together in all aspects of a relationship. Wait ... can ghosts have such a relationship? I have absolutely no idea, but let's say they do ... at least Jamie can finally be together with a man who loves her the way she deserves it.
So, there's going to be more of this story. I hope that Conrad isn't coming back, otherwise he'd have to face not one but (I guess) three other ghosts protecting Jamie.
Somehow you manage to make even Dominic a positive, although bad mannered and rude, character. He obviously has a good heart deep down.
Ladies VS men. I like it, really - the girls should make living (existence? I don't know which term to use in relation to ghosts) difficult for the both of them, but not too much. After all ... the guys really love their ladies, right?
XxDeathStarxX chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
Aww, poor Jamie. This is so hard for her. Not that it's much easier for Vince of course; he can't even hold her to comfort her. I'm glad that she can get some comfort just by leaning against him though :) Nice!
IronAmerica chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
A new chapter? Yay!

Oh Vince. Just be glad you don't live in a day and age where betrothal contracts are the norm. XD Heh. Poor baby. And you know that Dominic will act in whatever he thinks is Jamie's best interests, even if it means pissing off just about everyone involved... *sighs* He and Vince need some therapy to undo the blockheadedness. *headwalls*

If Jamie wasn't a snoop, I'd be worried. Heh. Dana and Dom are so cute! And funny. (They're my favorite part of this story, naturally. :D)

At least everyone's trying to look out for Jamie, even at Vince's expense. Thank god Vince isn't too much of a blockhead, though, or Dom really *would* kill him. Sheesh. That'd be something to talk about at the family reunion... *shudders*

But hey, everything seems to be working out. Er... *stares at the last few paragraphs* Well, mostly. Poor Vince. Poor Jamie. Does anything work out in their lives?

Good chapter overall. Didn't spot anything to quibble about, other than (in my opinion) far too little of Dana and Dominic. Of course, if I want more, I should probably get my rear in gear on WP, shouldn't I... *sighs*

Lovely chapter, dear.

Troll99 chapter 4 . 9/17/2012
I guess Vince is slowly preparing himself for the inevitable - going in the underworld with the love of his life, meaning he'll have to leave everyone behind. While I'm sure his parents would never understand, I'm not so sure about Leslie. She just might find a sound reason in his actions, knowing his relationship (love) with (for) Jamie.

And here (again) some verses which fit quite good to this chapter:
Love is a cruel game.
It has a line so thin between winning and losing,
it seems to almost laugh at you.
Love is a game that always finds a way to turn the tables on you.
Just when everything seems too good to be true,
love has a way of turning it back around and rubbing it in your face.
(by My Obsession)

Right! I did it again! ROFL

I think Dominic should learn how to tame his temper; Vince is not a bad guy and he'd never intentionally hurt Jamie.