Reviews for Married in the Rain
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Aww poor Narcissa! The idea of fathers sexually abusing their daughters makes me sick and want to hurt someone. But I think you did a very good job of conveying Narcissa's emotions and I can definitely see her being like this after what her father had done to her. Great job!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Wow, lovely! I love how you portrayed her emotions so well as well as Lucius's care for her. Nice job showing more of the Black family :)
the lola chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Well, this is certainly powerful. I got really excited when I saw the title, because it reminded me of Married in Black, which is an amazing story. This lived up to it, I must admit. It was great, how Cygnus just seemed to be woven into her skin, and you portrayed it so seamlessly. I think it's very realistic for her to feel how she does with Lucius. Ah, your writing is amazing.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I heard that marrying in the rain is lucky... or maybe that's just what they told me because it rained on my own wedding day. Anyway, I think you do a good job here of balancing Cissy's conflicting feelings about her father, and what she feels. It's heartbreaking to me that she prefers that treatment to her husband, but it's also frighteningly realistic (I imagine) for someone in that situation.
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
Hmm. Pretty odd. Actually, it's really odd, but it's a great piece of writing nonetheless.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This is certainly very bizarre and is quite haunting in a way, but, for some reason, I absolutely adore it. I love the way you write - your work has real beauty to it. I love the way you keep having Narcissa being reminded of her father. It certainly seems like something that the Black family would do. Excellent! :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Poor Narcissa. I love reading about all the twisted relationships in the Black family, and among purebloods in general. This was great :)
still kat chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
"Not allowing herself any emotion at all had been the only way she had known to stop herself from crying," that line has ingrained itself in my brain, which is odd, because if you think about it, keeping a straight face is quite difficult. Smiling tragically might have been easier. However, I did enjoy it probably more than I was meant to. Narcissa's straightforward way of acknowledging her prettiness was a highlight.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
That was heartwrenching. Poor Narcissa. I can imagine such traumatic events casting a shadow on her wedding day. But Lucius is a dear for not pressing the matter.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I like the depiction of the Narcissa/Lucius relationship here. I like how this shows a softer, gentler side of Lucius, and I can definitely picture him acting this way around Narcissa. You still keep him in character, but you also show a sweeter side to him and I really like seeing that because it fits with my personal canon of these two. No spelling or grammar mistakes, either, and it's very well-written. I can definitely picture Narcissa flashing back to what Cygnus did to her when Lucius touches her, that seems realistic for somebody who's been through what she has here. The fact that she doesn't want to tell him also seems very realistic for her situation. I like that you kept it dark and angsty, and you didn't make light of the serious issues; it annoys me when authors do it. You wrote angst really well here, good work.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Aww so sad. Poor Cissy. And poor Lucius too. I want them to be happy together so bad. I love how you wrote his part, short though it was. I can really sense how much he cares about her. This is really well written. Nice job!
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Oh, poor, poor Narcissa. To have her father do such horrible things to her... and now Lucius will never know... Gah, she should have told him! Why must you do this Gamma? Why must you torture characters I love? *sob* Great job, though. This was a really strong piece!
i'd sink us to swim chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Ah, amazing, as always. I can see how those memories might affect her while she was with someone else. Each word you used just seemed to fall perfectly into place. Wonderful!
lilgenious chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Beautiful writing. I felt bad for Cissy in the books and your story makes it come out even more, it is clear that she loves her husband (I think, does it state in the book?) and she would clearly die for her son but this made me tear up because I could imagine Cygnus doing something like this to her.

I like how there is so much feeling in this story, I adore that in fics like this. I think you did a very great job, like usual!

I find it sad how she can't have Lucius touch her without her being reminded that it is her father. I really feel for her.

Ah, I found this a beautiful fic!
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
:'( *hugs Cissy* Cygnus did ruin her, but I think that makes her more real than what we see in the books. She has traumas which I believe in the future will make her stronger and never let someone have the same fate as she had. And Lucius! *hugs him* I love him! And even though I love Rod/Cissy, Lucius is the best person for her as a husband, because he doe love her in his way and takes care of her, and would never hurt her like Cyngus and even Rod would do. Gamma, this is beautiful! And I felt Cissy's pain and tears, beautiful!

P.S. People should read the AN's first before reading ;)

Much love!