Reviews for Bow Envy
orangeflavor chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
Oh, I would love to see a pissing contest between them. Figuratively of course. Varric is definitely protective of Bianca. That was definitely done well here. Sebastian can also be pretty oblivious sometimes. It's sometimes enduring, sometimes frustrating, haha. And clearly frustrating to Varric, lol. This was fun.
zevgirl chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Varric nearly choked on the hidden liquor in his water skin. "Excuse me? Wait, let me make sure I heard you correctly...maybe your shiny armor is affecting my hearing as well. Did you say you wanted to give me some archery pointers?"

LOL! Yes, I remember this one very well! Who doesn't love an archer? Well, I took Sebastian with me nearly all the time. But I can't even imagine pitting these two against each other. Different styles, for sure. The banter alone is worth it. This is a great romp!
Epiphany sola Gratia chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
This story gave me a bit of a chuckle! I love the interplay and dialogue between the characters. Good job!
Whatcomestomind chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
This was fun!

Varric is an angry little dwarf (/_)/
Sebastian is a little butt face :P
merlincrazy chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
hahahhahaha!
Deleted Pen Name Account chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Hahaha very cute, your Varric is awesome :D loved this a lot! Poor Sebastian didn't even realize what he did wrong! I think that's the best part haha... Other than the "Oops, I meant to hit you" part haha
JosephineRussell chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
haha oh dear poor sweet Sebastian! He really has no clue. Everyone knows better then to insult Bianca. Good little story - hits both the rogues on the head
Eve Hawke chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Lol! This was pure fun. I can totally see this happening! Your dialogue was spot on; everything flowed beautifully and it was a very easy, fun read. I just love Sebastian... "I think the trouble is Bianca's cocking ring." oh no he didn't! :-D Love Varric's reaction. And Hawke just letting it continue. Brought a smile to my face first thing this morning! :)
EkoCentric chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
If Varric ever be so out of humour, this will be only reason! LOL That prince got some nerve.
Ankhaa chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Men are always competetive. You see it in the way they drive or build their cars or cut their law or even at games with their kids. I would suspect its the same in the game with these boys. They should be watching out for their friends instead of worrying about who kills how many. Competition is fun but when facing quunari you should be careful. I like varric almost hitting him in the foot. Someone needs to change his shorts.
wintryone chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Hahaha! I loved this :) Lots of laughing while reading!

Varric/Sebastian banter was so much fun! I could hear every word in their own voices.

I'm so noncompetitive myself that it often frustrates me in other people. This was a good exploration of how it can get out of control at the expense of way more important things. How blithely they fell into the competition without bothering to know one another! It's not "who are you?" but "In order to feel good about myself, I must best you." That's all short term gratification and gets you nowhere. There's a big difference between friendly competition that inspires you to do your best, and mean-spirited competition where the only goal is to prove that your are better.

I'd like to think Hawke's wise words will penetrate the two rogues and they'll be rewarded by a more thoughtful approach to what they're doing. Win/win is possible and preferable!

Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
never had them together but now i might
LoveAmongstHate chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Haheha )
Katarina45 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Overcompensating for something else? Delightful.
Erana chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
That was cute. :) Go, Varric!