Reviews for Memoirs
jay8008 chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
I'm really enjoying your professional, measured writing style, as befits the Liara POV. Well done! Looking forward to as much of this as I can get. :D
stimag chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
Great story, hopefullly not a done one as this is too good to just leave off like thah ;) waiting eagerly for the next chapter (and many more to come as well :P )
Janizary chapter 6 . 8/20/2012
Liked the bit with the data discs. Gives some importance and insight into those random 'gather me' things in the game. Liara's internal dialogue was enjoyable.

There really should be a 'Things you should know about the M35 Mako' pre-flight video (like "no, we won't be landing, you will be flung out of the ship" heh.).
Janizary chapter 5 . 8/20/2012
The section where they are deconstructing Saren's motives and means was quite well done. When played to the audience in that manner, it feels more natural than 'in game'.

Nice turn-about with Shepard being the one to potentially suggest a melding, and Liara's initial negative feelings on it. That gives that scene an entirely different feeling and flow than how Liara is portratyed in game. I like it.

Pay? What pay? /Garrus Vakarian upon hearing that Liara was being 'paid' :)
Janizary chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
You do an excellent job of getting into interesting detail, without belaboring a topic. Also, the little things that you point out for Liara really help in making her more 'real' to the reader (almost said more 'human', but wouldn't work now would it?) ;)
Eterna1Soldier chapter 4 . 8/17/2012
Once again another excellent chapter. I love the way you portray Liara (still curious and socially awkward, yet not a 'damsel in distress' either). The writing style you use is insightful and engaging - I find myself drawn to find out what happens next, even though I know the story by heart. That's a very good thing. Most mass effect fanfictions are simply a regurgitation of the game word for word. The fact that you are putting in you're own unique dialogue and scenery not only gives more depth to the story, but is quite frankly refreshing. (especially since it's a M!Shep/Liara fic - my favorite pairing which, unfortunately, is dwarfed by F!Shep/Liara fics).

Please, keep going. There are only a few authors that give Mass Effect fanfiction hope. You are one of them.
Janizary chapter 3 . 8/17/2012
"Good object lesson. Never try to use technology you don't understand."

Lol. Isn't the entire plotline of ME3: 'Lets make a giant doomsday weapon that we don't really know how its suppose to work, or what it will do, but we'll just make it and turn it on anyway?' ;) Heh. See, things just get larger in scale, and, wonder or wonders, Liara is at the heart of it! :D

"that had been rather exciting" - Lol. Liara: "Oh my"

I really think you've done a great job of capture Liara on an internal basis. Her ruminations and internal dialogue is about as spot on as I've seen done (that is, of course, my own interpretation, so take it as you will). Really liked her self-analysis when Shepard first arrives. That was an excellent picture.
FloridaMagpie chapter 3 . 8/16/2012
I really like how you've given Liara a spine amd some skills - makes for a nice variation on this scene.
Eterna1Soldier chapter 3 . 8/16/2012
Wow. Just wow. This story has entranced me.

This is extremely well written. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
What a great start! Your prose is very clean, and I like the semi-formal style. Liara is a scientist , and that's how she'd write, especially in a memoir. Very promising, and it's great to see a M!Shepard/Liara story among the sea of F!Shep/Liara.
CyanB chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
I really like the feel of this story. The fact that Liara was dirty, dehydrated and weak nails home the feeling of a memoir.
Janizary chapter 2 . 8/14/2012
Good dialogue. Scenes work well. I'm not usually one for first-person narrative, but it is from the perspective of Liara AND part of a memoir so you don't have a lot of choice really.

I don't read a lot of ME FF (that I'm not already subscribed to) since the ME3 ending(s) left a sour note with me, but this is off to a quite interesting start. Subscribed!
Janizary chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Interesting opening narrative. Quite good points on the effects of the passage of time on those left behind.
538 | « Prev Page 1 .. 26 33 34 35 36