Reviews for Death of the Unicorn
forever fan chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
Very nice ending - wrapped up everything including all of those mysterious premonitions of Auntie's. And now she'll be shut up for good!

Wonderful way of pulling everything together - thanks!
forever fan chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
WOW! I never would have exected a police procedural in a NP fan fiction story! Great job though! Very realistic dialog and accurate legal procedures (as far as I know). Interesting that the officers realize Chomondeley's motive seems out-of-proportion for his actions - but give the family their privacy. True, it doesn't have anything to do with the crime -really.

Satisfying end to such an evil man as you developed him for this story.

This was an interesting part of the story for me as my father and brother were police officers and both preferred to work as beat cops and in neighborhoods rather than detective or administrative work. Both saw that kind of police work - knowing communities well and keeping them safe - far more rewarding.

Thanks for an excellent chapter!
forever fan chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Very interesting - and descriptive! - end for "the unicorn". Symbolic that he was slayed just beneath the window where this long-awaited "child of light" was being born. A child that he may have believed should have been his. Personally I would have preferred his death to be a tormented suicide - it may have redeemed him to take action to pay for his sins - even if that would have damned him in another way.

But where did Cholmondeley's evil come from? Especially in such an insulated and gentle culture? Were he and Aunt Henrietta (who professes to love Phoebe) merely pawns of evil or was one influencing the other? Maybe I'm missing something of significance here - but then again - who can tell where evil comes from? I know "the angel" has something more to say.

I know you have more of this story to tell and I have enjoyed this journey. You write so descriptively that it just moves the story along smoothly. I'm looking forward to the next installment! Another great beginning to another part of the story!