Reviews for Sever
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Wow, this is incredible.

I cannot tell you how excited I was to see a new story from you, and had to read it the moment I saw the notification.

This is brilliant.

You draw some very intriguing, complex and unsettling parallels between these two adversaries, from desire to determination, they both share some frightening similarities. I also find it really interesting how you looked into some of the physical loneliness of Janeway's life, and the Borg Queen's completely unabashed view of that, and sexuality in general, was very well done.

I'm very impressed by how raw and true this is. You show no trepidation at delving right into the deepest, darkest corners of these characters and finding out what truly makes them tick. I also love that you wrote with all the senses in mind; I find that that is something that really brings a story to life and is something that I continually try to implement in my own works.

Also, you imagery is fantastic. Seriously, how do you do it? It's so evocative and beautiful.

Two of my favourite lines, because they seemed to jump off the page (well, computer screen) at me:

"Her favorite, what she suspects is Janeway's favorite, is the thrill associated with the vibrancy of a ruby red, such as that found in a drop of blood sliding down lacerated human skin."

"She is purity personified."

Yet another fantastic piece, QS. The intricacies of it, and all the detail is really impressive. I look forward to your next work.

CP7

P.S. I appreciated the "Counterpoint" reference ;)
16 | « Prev Page 1 2