Reviews for Bar Fights and Whistles
Great story! Loved the extra incite into Kirk's mind
Guest chapter 1 . 5/5/2014
Nice job! I liked your characterization of James T Kirk
KJ4aNightmare chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
An enjoyable chapter. I like your insight which looked to have fit Kirk really well.
Guest of Anon chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I love it.
A side of Jim Kirk that I have never seen before, and you write him amazingly well.
I wouldn't mind another chapter.
minaghostwolf chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
This was interesting to read.
lotus chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
This is what I've always thought about this scene. Loved it!
RachelVille chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Very good. It has some nice depth to it.
Kimpatsu no Hoseki chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I like the start. I'd like to see his time in the Academy and then during the movie on the Enterprise with how you set him up.
bbybyrd chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
excellent background story!
Cappoquin's Calling chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Hi. Love it. Please Continue!
hugs and fishes,
Janet chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I love it! You've captured the "new" Kirk perfectly and tied so many things into the original tiimeline.
Botsey chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Hope it makes you happy to know this was a great piece of writing. Questions are answered, his reasonings revealed...Thank you so much, looking forward to your future

AngelQueen chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Wow, that was a great way to look beyond the surface of that infamous bar scene! You really put a good frame of reference on Jim, to see just what had brought him to that particular fight. Great job!

My only quibble, I think, would be at the very end. Jim clearly has some resentment issues in regards to Starfleet (George Kirk's death, Winona's constant travelling, their failure to arrive in a timely fashion to stop the Tarsus Massacre), but then you have him jumping at Pike's dare in the very next paragraph. It seems a little fast to me, such an abrupt turnaround. I always saw it as that Jim had no intention of taking Pike up on his offer when Pike left him in the bar, and it wasn't until later, when he sat in the field staring up at the half-finished Enterprise thinking about the possibilities that she represented that he really began to change his mind. But that's just my take on it. You might be thinking about it differently.

Again, great ficlet! Thanks for sharing!