Reviews for promise not to promise anymore
rebe2018 chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
so goood aaaaaaaaah
Becca chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
OMG THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! just one request, please don't killf of gwen, because then i will hate you , but really this is helping my feels :)
St. Aelphaba chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wow.

Just wow.

I love when I read a story, and every line feels like poetry in prose.

And sometimes there are lines, like:

"Peter Parker is like a foreign film in a language she doesn't understand, but his touch subtitles all the things she can't hear him saying. And maybe hers is the same for him."

that make my breath catch in how simple but beautifully they're written.

This is the kind of story I'm gonna reread over and over because it feels like there are so many nuances in each line. You've captured the emotion perfectly, and the details you've added are perfect. (I loved the line about Gwen being a feminist, for example, and Peter's fantasy about singing Gwen a song.)

So just, wow. Thank you!
sharoncarters chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
flawless story, 'nuff said.
September Light chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I actually read this late last night, so by the time I was finished I honestly felt like I wouldn't be able to give you a substantial review.. And now it's the morning so here we go..

This was absolutely beautiful. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time, and just written with a certain poise that you seem to have. I absolutely loved this to pieces and I know how much work you must have put into it. Brilliant!

You captured an angry and hurt and empty Gwen really well.. And I'm just awe-struck! Please keep writing more! I am anxious to see your next fic!
justawritier chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
This was great. Very well written and the progress felt natural. That part about her worrying about the recommendation for college just felt so real,I know I've thought about things like that after someone I love has died and then the guilt she feels was exactly how I've felt. Wonderful story.
mediate89 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Great job! I love finding decent movie fics out there. Disappointing that they didn't do anything on the bed, haha...but...I suppose that's realistic and sticking to comic book canon. I gotta respect that.
jennwrote chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
love this! great job.
amore1993 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This almost made me cry :( but in a good way.
sallysally chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This is very good. You have written the missing scenes in the movie. I wish her dad hasn't died. And the movie didn't focus on his death much. So, it's really nice to read your story to get the missing pieces. :)
Alice-in-french chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Way to completely wreck my was beautiful!
Vladimir the Hamster chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Fantastic stuff, you really captured Gwen's feelings very well. The anger was fantastically portrayed and I really felt it, but it was more nuanced than that. I love all the detail, too.
Alex chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This was sooooo good!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
*Throws up on everything and then flies into the sun*
Padlei chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
UGH. This is perfect. Like really. I don't leave a lot of reviews usually but I had to this time.

First, the way you described what you go through when losing a loved one was spot on, so spot on it felt real and it was exactly what everyone goes through in this sort of situations (the little inane things that pop to mind, the way the little brothers reacted, everything basically). I teared up several times and felt for Gwen so much. I also felt for Peter because yeah, he can barely deal with losing his own uncle, how could he really help her?

Which brings me to the second part. You wrote from Gwen's POV which is great already and you made her so REAL, such a great character, you explored the little tidbits we had from the movie and made her a real character (and yeah for science and feminism and her relationship with her family. I felt for Gwen so much I was actually mad at Peter too (which didn't happen when I watched the movie!).

And finally you write very beautifully. I hope you write more stories for this fandom. Thank you for this in any case.
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »