Reviews for The Perils of Innocence
Mastersgtjames chapter 34 . 9/21
Hope the author continues this. BUT! A few issues/questions that nag at me, since I have caught up.

Why is no one being WAY more suspicious about Dumbles. Him trying, repeatedly, to get into Harry's Vaults, him apparently having at LEAST one of Harry's Family Heirlooms, possibly since before his parents died, possibly resulting in their death, his games/machinations in the school, regarding Sirius's arrest, and the Dursleys.
Then we have everyone just kinda... accepting their lot. Going to Hogwarts, despite knowing how bigoting the British Wizarding World is, or how lacking of an education they will get there. When there have GOT to be better schools, even if they have to go abroad.
No one raising a stink about Death Eaters, or "Imperius'd DE's", trying to go after Harry?
The nonsense about Electronics not working around magic, when it does ALL THE TIME.
Dunno when the author plans to have the MC's start developing romantic relationships... But I hope they are not sticking to Canon or shipping the Weasleys. That family is all kinds of suspicious in the books/movies. Pretty confident that Harry and Hermione were both dosed with Love Potions. Kinda hoping for a H/HR relationship in this story.
Probably forgetting some things... but that's all I can think to say for now.
Mastersgtjames chapter 32 . 9/21
Surely they should alert any of a NUMBER of people they could, who could investigate him and shut him up.
Mastersgtjames chapter 31 . 9/21
Yeah... cuz them NOT being able to apparate/escape at all is better?
Should use this chance to get a proper look at the Wards, they are likely VERY tampered with.
Mastersgtjames chapter 28 . 9/21
Bummer that Bones did not question Dumbles more about his suspicious behavior. Or about Hagrid showing up, clearly expecting Harry to be alive, his parents dead, and no one else present. We know that Snape was first to arrive, but did he arrive, and leave, early enough for Hagrid to have left and arrived when he did?
Mastersgtjames chapter 25 . 9/21
No taking Harry and Hermione straight to the Infirmary for their injuries?
Mastersgtjames chapter 23 . 9/21
Bummed they were not more suspicious about the "Magic affects electronics" myth. I mean, Diagon Alley is in Central London, and the Ministry is under Whitehall...
I see they forgot about the kid who was staying with his mom...
Mastersgtjames chapter 21 . 9/21
So... no Manor Trunks, or MASSIVE interiors, like we see in Fantastic Beasts?
Mastersgtjames chapter 19 . 9/21
Ah. So Harry did get Hedwig.
Kinda wish that when they read about Harry's scar being cursed, the three of them would use their magic to "cleanse" it.
Mastersgtjames chapter 18 . 9/21
Always a sad day... when Harry does not have Hedwig.
Mastersgtjames chapter 17 . 9/21
I think you meant Dark Lord, not Dark Arts...
Mastersgtjames chapter 16 . 9/21
I get this is trying to show HArry as being a good, wholesome boy... but its more coming across like he has no concept of finance or the value of property and familial history. What with him repeatedly offering to GIVE away non-insignificant amounts of money.
Also, CANNOT see the Weasleys affording Hogwarts with it being that expensive.
Pretty bummed Harry and them have not already figured out meditation, mind palaces, telepathy, things like that... Cuz when you have mental powers and you do not immediately look for ways to improve/enhance your mind, it comes across as bad planning or dumb.
Here's hoping they continue their "muggle" education regardless of what they decide.
Mastersgtjames chapter 10 . 9/21
Pretty sure Harry would NOT jump to the conclusion that the doctors/nurses would expose him or his abilities. Especially after years of looking out for and after him.
Mastersgtjames chapter 8 . 9/21
Not sure why Hermione has not gotten her letter yet... She got hers(in the books and movies) on her 11th birthday.
Quaziwmoto chapter 34 . 9/17
Great story I'll keep looking for more!
Lola Krantz chapter 34 . 9/6