Reviews for Redemption By Love
GwennielOfNargothrond chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
One of the few Ossë/Uinen fics; one of the best Silm. fics. Deeply emotional and moving. Beautiful. :)
Araloth the Random chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Absolutely beautiful.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Ah, another story I well loved and commented on on the list but not here. Well, this is simply a wonderful love story. It's rare to have good love stories in Silm, isn't it? I liked the way the Valar really didn't understand and it's the Maiar that make the most progress here. And of course, I love the fact that it's about Osse and Uinen. They're a wonderful couple. The physical love that comes from a more spiritual love is true to Tolkien and true to reality too. And how can I resist Osse having his little temper tantrums when he can't get his way? :b If the union of Osse and Uinen hadn't been blessed, I would've rebelled myself! Great story and great portrayal of both the characters. You also do a good job with the Valar and show the learning that they need to do in Arda. But really, the best part is that you write well two underrepresented Maiar.
Moonstone Tears chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
This is fantastic! Question though (cause I'm not quite sure about this bit!) you mentioned that osse and Uinen were the first to 'choose' their partners? I am a heeeuge fan of the Valar Nessa in the sil (which is odd, cause she doesnt actually do much), did she and Tulkas come together by choice? *cant remember herself* Ai, memory like a sieve! *rushes off to read the sil again*

This is a brilliant fic! You are definitely going on my fave author list, cause you other works that I have checked out so far also are very good.

Keep it up! D
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
I can't believe I've neglected to review this! Needless to say, it's very well-done. I like your idea that the Valar are suspicious of bodily love (and other bodily sensations, for that matter); it goes far to explain why they so often seem to err in their dealings with the Children, for how can those who lack true bodies understand the views of those who are constrained by them? And it seems entirely fitting that it would be a physical passion that would play such a strong part in winning emotional Osse back to the side of Good. And of course Morgoth would use the temtation of unbridled sensuality and lust fulfilled to lure beings into his service - for Evil is often as hedonistic as it is selfish. A very nice story.
Auska chapter 1 . 8/2/2002
Well My friend and I were greatly confused by a certain part of your fic so we decided not to read on. Sad thing is it was the authors note that confused us (who lacks coherence now?) Anyway I spose if we'd read on it would explain it but we don't give a kuso! So I'm going to go and find another fic to bag! Byez
alena chapter 1 . 7/27/2002
I am deeply and utterly stunned. I am in tears.

I hope to translate it, if you'd allow me...Of course, it's going to take me forever and a day...

By the way, the Chinese translation of "The Moments before Dawn" is up:

Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 7/16/2002
This is quite beautiful. Very sexily written without being graphic at all, which really makes sense for the subject and characters.

I like the idea of love as rebellion. It makes sense that if they believed the Valar to be against boldily love, they would turn to Melkor. It certainly explains his appeal.

Ah, Tolkien and Catholic morality. What a mess.
Mouse chapter 1 . 7/15/2002

Powerful, lyrical, moving. Rich, archaic, Tolkien-like style of writing. A very original topic- as most of your stories are. I like it very much, very much indeed.
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 7/14/2002
Wow. I love this! Wonderful work Joan, like always.