Reviews for Made Man
Cassandra30 chapter 6 . 7/17/2013
Excellent!
Cassandra30 chapter 5 . 7/17/2013
The ways of men seem to be very funny to we women. Just pay attention. they work.
Cassandra30 chapter 4 . 7/17/2013
The Don is old school Mafioso. He owes a debt of honor and he will repay it.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Excellent start! Awesome idea for a story!
Hawk50 chapter 6 . 10/9/2012
Really nicely done. The OC's were fleshed out and not two dimensional, as often happens when other characters are just stuck in to move the story along. I always enjoy stories that give us a little more insight into Vin's background. I also like that you didn't totally resolve the conflicts among the Seven. I hope you'll write more. You have a gift for this. Thanks for sharing it with us.
chiclete chapter 5 . 8/20/2012
Not the end? Cool! Looking forward to more adventures in Vinland :)
Pamikae chapter 5 . 8/20/2012
This part that was the sequel is just as good as I remember it! I love Nettie's ways of getting each one of the six out to her place for dinner. I can imagine each one of their faces as they arrived and realized they were not the only one invited. Nettie's way with Vin is perfectly written. Firm, motherly and accepting no nonsense. You can feel their love for each other as being as close to mother and son as you can get without actually being mother and child. Vin's turmoil just eeks out. You know that he wants to forget what happened and pretend it never did so that he doesn't lose the boys. But you also can feel the pain radiate off him for their lack of trust. Especially the lack of it from Chris and Josiah. Chris he feels knows just how hard it is for him to trust and at least understand a small part of why. That he gave him his hand, his loyalty and a part of him signified in allowing him a key to his place. Josiah, I feel he thought would be able to look into his soul and see the truth within it. For them to both allow Buck's words to sway them even for a second just had to have made him feel that if they can't trust him then no one ever will so why try...

I do so hope that you choose to write another part to this going into the struggle of Vin's coming back to work, both for Vin as well as the guys and perhaps a little bit more of Nettie meddling! LOL :)

Thanks again for sharing both parts of this story with us once again! It truly is worth reading over and over again!

Pam
mogue chapter 4 . 8/19/2012
You realize you have no choice but to give us a follow-up story?

LOL at the producing westerns line.

All the guys were perfect in this. And I loved JD yelling at them all after he wakes up, putting them in their place.
mogue chapter 3 . 8/19/2012
"A red carnation?" A disbelieving look crossed Tanner's face though he kept his thoughts to himself. 'What the hell is this, some bad 40's gangster movie. Is he going to be carrying a violin case as well.'
But the other man misinterpreted his associate's expression as confusion. "It's one of those fluffy flowers." Eli waved his hand, "It doesn't make a difference.
LOL!

and tried instead to think about the red carnation. He had seen it somewhere recently-but where? Every time he tried to think about it he saw JD's crimson blood on his hands.
Nice imagery.

Love Ezra going to talk to Buck in the hospital scene. And love the Chris-Ezra scene. Very cool seeing the guys in the "early stages" of the team.
mogue chapter 2 . 8/19/2012
Ezra, you and Vin. . ."
Buck cleared his throat. The other men looked at Chris, knowing his mind had wandered to where it usually went during the last two weeks.
Aww, poor Chris.

"I think it's time for the pizza plan."
They all groaned. Whenever they needed to find out some information in a hurry, Buck decided the pizza plan was the only solution.
LOL!

I'm so glad this is a completed story because this is a cruel cliffhanger. Awesomeness from when JD goes down to the end.
chiclete chapter 4 . 8/19/2012
I really like this story. The plot is very creative - the way you fit Eli into it was very neat, and I like how you deal with the trust issue without us feeling sorry for "poor Vin". Vin is very in character in my opinion, and I could see in my mind Buck instinctively protecting JD no matter what. Good job!
ajsqdaway chapter 3 . 8/17/2012
I read this long ago and love reading it again!
Pamikae chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
I loved this story the first time I read it! I'm so happy to see it posted where I can read it again. I hope once you finish posting all of this story that you will also post the sequel. I always had hoped you'd do a third story about their slow push back to being a family. Vin vowed to not let them back in to his heart at the end of the sequel but I know that once it came to working with the boys again that it would be hard for him to not let them in. And that would be a wonderful story, their re earning Vin's trust...

Thanks again for sharing this story once again with us!