Reviews for Speak With Your Heart
Somebody chapter 15 . 1/10/2017
Strange, isn't it? I see what you did there.
Somebody chapter 9 . 1/9/2017
Don't worry Sonic I'm sure you'll get to peel space tape someday. …That sentence makes zero sense by itself.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/3/2017
Best. Chapter title. EVER.
Somebody chapter 28 . 12/21/2016
I sang the last part based off of Reach for the stars out loud, slowly and off-key. And let me just say… FEELS! WHY YOU NO STOP PUNCHING ME IN THE HEART!
Guest chapter 27 . 12/3/2016
Sonic! No! Dang it! Who's cutting onions right now?! Seriously though, this is amazing.
Guest chapter 30 . 4/3/2015
Perfect. Sure, you didn't explain some of the plotholes from the source material and I don't like Blaze and Silver being canon, but other than that this has got to be the BEST fanfiction I've ever read. Though I won't give a score because I'm terrible at math.

P.S: I have an idea for a fanfic that I'ld be more than happy for you to use, two actually.
1: Eggman creates artificial Hyper-go-on energy and uses it to create a sucssessor to Shadow to take over the world.
2: Eggman snaps. He no longer wants to take over the world, but goes Davros and desires the destruction of reality itself!
Eveleech chapter 30 . 12/27/2014
I forgot to tell you that I finished AND I LOVED THE SENTIMENTAL STUFF PUT IN IT! I was always wondering what it's really like to have someone go inside your body! I bet it feels hyperactive and empathetic at the same time!
Eveleech chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
What is with those kidnapped victims CONSTANTLY going into his body?! Someone find a translator!
Passerby Boy chapter 30 . 7/21/2014
Hey there. I've actually enjoyed all of your Sonic adaptations, including the sports ones with Mario. While I hope you get to complete those, I also hope that you're planning to write adapts for Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World. I'd like to see how you portray the Deadly Six.
MaskedGamer chapter 21 . 6/24/2014
Holy Fudge.
Ways chapter 30 . 6/14/2014
Wonderful. I absolutely loved this chapter and once again you're able to turn a simple scene into something incredible. The way all of Eggman's past transgressions were shown was just spectacular. Keep up he good work.
Ways chapter 29 . 6/14/2014
What a great ending to a fantastic story I loved it. The best part of this chapter was definitely the black hole part. I just love introversion, and that was a perfect example of it. I loved your take on Yacker's goodbye. Definitely better than the original. :)
UpbeatButNegative chapter 30 . 6/13/2014
I think that this novelization was the first piece of work of yours that I decided to check out. Nearly two years later, look where it's come.

People claim that Sonic Colors was the game that brought Sonic back in his prime, for various reasons. For a Wii game, the graphics definitely hold a candle to the graphics in the HD version of Sonic Unleashed (360 and PS3). The gameplay was high speed action comparable to Unleashed, but without the Werehog (to some people, a MASSIVE improvement over Unleashed already!), and the level design accommodated well.

The plot was fun, too. It was lighthearted, just like the Genesis days. No water god, no Ultimate Life Form, no alien race who had a part in creating said Life Form, no time paradox, no Werehog. All Sonic has to do is stop Eggman's latest scheme. And this is where your novelization comes in, Child.

You made Sonic himself out to be more than an adventure loving hedgehog with attitude. He still has the attitude, somewhat... But he was made out to be someone who truly cares for those around him and would do anything to save them. It was more than about stopping Eggman's plans. It was about protecting Sonic's new friends from danger.

I loved seeing Sonic's interactions with the Wisps he comes into contact with. He could see what they were like before having to use their powers. It's not all about Yacker, after all, though he wasn't neglected either. For the most part, he played the same role he did in the games. Well, there was his extra appearance in the final battle, which I already said I liked.

As I played the game, I took in the surroundings, from the deliciousness of Sweet Mountain to the vertigo of Asteroid Coaster. Another thing I liked about your novelization was Sonic's reactions to his new environments. In Aquarium Park, even though drowning was no longer as big of a concern in the game, how would Sonic have reacted? One thing Sonic 06 tried to do was have the characters react to their surroundings every now and then, though we got silly lines, like 'That tornado's carrying a car!' and 'Let's get MOOOOVING!'. With Colors' better script writing, I would have liked to hear what Sonic thought.

Sonic's comments throughout seem to fill in for Tails' communicator. Maybe Tails could have tagged along with Sonic, but I suppose he had his translator to work on. As such, having Sonic's actions and voice to what goes on makes up for it. However, it does beg the question of how Tails would have reacted. I mean, he was at the park, too! A shame that he missed out on some of what Sonic saw!

Your descriptions blended well with the action, especially the final battle. The battle with the Nega Wisp Armor probably my favorite part of your novelization. Why? Some of the reasons are there in the review of Chapter 28, silly! Anyway, the pace was something I could keep up with. Not too blindingly fast, but not at a snail's pace. This is Sonic, after all. We can't have slow! One level per chapter would just seem silly and drag out the plot. I'm glad that you combined two or three levels into one chapter at a time.

Eggman's character was definitely fleshed out near the end. As much as I love goofy Eggman, it's nice that he has a motive and still despises Sonic. The epilogue was a great way to close off Colors and lead into Generations. His visions from the 'purple mass' was a nice way to look back at his 'past transgressions' and seems to establish your head canon for the Sonic timeline, what with all these years passing between games.

'...all I have to do is win once... and it'll be permanent.'
He really sums up the dangers of Sonic failing to save the day there!

I liked Eggman's speech at the end. 'Robotnik' to 'Eggman'... Like an egg cracking to give new life, just like Eggman cracks down in failure and comes back up again? I can't believe that I never thought of that before! The speech also emphasized why a certain someone is a huge fan of Eggman himself: because he never gives up and is always ready for a fight.

Good gosh, I spend time on these reviews! I would try to convey what I want to say in fewer words, but I can never help myself. Long story short, great novelization and great ending.

-Have a great day, week, month, whatever, and stay upbeat, y'all!-
SonicSonic54321 chapter 30 . 6/12/2014
Oh...my...gosh...
This is by far one of the greatest Sonic stories I've ever read. I honestly didn't think you could take the game's story and change it into something that even SEGA would find rather impressive.
I have a confession to make, though.
There were times when I saw Sonic as a manical villian who would do ANYTHING to win (I started thinking this because of Lost World's story), but because of you, I started to look beyond that and saw him as a innocent young child who would do anything to save anyone, even if he didn't exactly know who they were.

You made me see Sonic as a hero again. You were the one who brought out the true blue in him and made him do and say things I didn't think he'd ever say/do.

This is by far your greatest story yet, and I can't wait to see more from you. :)

(By the way, nice cameo with those Wisps from Lost World at the end. ;3)
thrawn92 chapter 30 . 6/11/2014
Oh, boy, it's the one creature that Eggman COULD control. does this mean you will be doing a Generations novelization?