Reviews for The things one does for Family
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Lovely story about the start of Edith and Violet's adventures together. Edith had to start somewhere and practice would make perfect, eventually. Glad you gave it a shot! Great fun to read!
BelleLitteraire chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
LOL - this was fun to read again...thank you for taking up my challenge. Usually I find it fun to read about nasty Granny, but she has her softer moments, and you chose that aspect of her character well here. Edith made me smile too; she was so cute in her excitement to be driving.
piperholmes chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Aw! This was hilarious and sweet! I loved this. I love your characterization of the Dowager. I think this is the best fic I've read about her. Most fics lack this depth to her. She is a snarky old lady but she also cares for her family-no matter how flawed her attempts are, they are always meant to help. I think most writers over look that, I realize myself included. This really reminded me of when Violet decided to help Cora protect Mary in season 1. Great job and so glad to see you writing!
Lady Strallan chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This made me smile.
MimiK chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This is lovely. It made me giggle (and thinking about what my granny would say about some of my parking attempts...)