Reviews for How To Make a Better Vampire
sajen.freyberg chapter 3 . 9/21
"Respecting" someones wish to die is neither love nor in any way romantic, it's stupid especially if you supposedly love said person, unless they're already dying from something incurable, which Elena was not.
sajen.freyberg chapter 6 . 6/29
I love that you understand Elena so well. There's so much hate for Elena out there I don't understand. I think most of comes because people forget that as hard as it is to know what you want as an adult it's near impossible when you're an eighteen year old child the rest I think comes from from people who would rather Elena stay in her abusive relationship with Stefan the abuser and those that are jealous of Nina.

I really like your story so far.
jenniferbradshaw564 chapter 24 . 7/24/2015
Enjoyed the story. Thanks for writing it.
Shhh-FanGirl chapter 6 . 2/18/2015
I'm so glad you addressed the Damon/Stefan double standard here. I wish they did that more on the show. And, yep, hate Elena right now, but I think you've captured all the characters perfectly!
Kina Kalamari chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
Well. That was pretty awesome. As much as I love Delena, I really liked that you wove in the other characters' plotlines. It gave the story that extra depth and made it feel more like the canon.

My only critique would be about Damon's characterization throughout the story. It's not that he was out of character, it's just that he didn't always seem to be quite fully in character. But at the same time he was. Like, you definitely nailed his snarky and his witty and whatnot, but... I don't know. He seemed way too easy-going. He was lacking his fire.

Elena, on the other hand, was spot on. All of the wishy-washy "I don't know what I want" and self-denial was absolutely canon Elena, and you also nicely encompassed her more positive traits. I also thought the way you wrote her transition was suitably emotional and screwy and I liked her mild insanity. :P

I loved the way you had all the characters calling each other out on their own hypocrisies and stupidity. That's something that really doesn't happen enough in the show and I greatly enjoyed that.

All in all, great job.
ladylibre chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
THIS. *rises to give a Elena (and you) a standing ovation*

I LOVE her conversation with Stefan. Bc she's so right. This isn't about Stefan vs Damon: it's about Elena figuring out what she really wants.

BRAVO.
ladylibre chapter 15 . 8/25/2014
That last scene was beautiful: in his bed, on her terms without the whole "don't tell Stefan" chaser? Loved it.

And I see what you're doing there with Steroline too. Verrrrry subtle ;-)
ladylibre chapter 11 . 8/25/2014
Nice chapter! I am TOTALLY Team Delena (as any rational person should be, LOL). But I'm worried that she's gonna choose Damon not bc she loves him but bc Stefan has become a jerk. I really hope that doesn't happen bc I fear it would cheapen her choice.
It's kinda how I felt when she slept with Damon the first time. As amazing as that moment was, it was cheapened by the simultaneous Steroline realization that Elena was sired to Damon. How could it be romantic if she wasn't in her right mind? Boo-hiss.
Anyway, sorry for the rant. Steroline (who I also love, btw) ruined what would have been a beautiful Delena scene that was a long time coming, and fearing something like that happening in this wonderful story made me think of it. But whatever you do, I trust you! :-)
Going on...
ladylibre chapter 9 . 8/25/2014
And I think I love you for the Taylor Swift reference. That's one of my favorite songs :-)
ladylibre chapter 6 . 8/25/2014
I almost cried. I mean...whoa, that was gut-wrenching. And honestly? I think she hurt herself more than she hurt him bc she decided to hurt them both. Poor Elena!
ladylibre chapter 3 . 8/25/2014
*mouth falls open*

Didn't see that coming!
ladylibre chapter 2 . 8/25/2014
I'm new to the TVD fandom, and this story is AMAZING! I love TV series canon, so thanks for writing!

Clicking NEXT... #delenaforever
Guest chapter 24 . 8/12/2014
love it!
DClovesTVD chapter 24 . 7/21/2014
This was great and after spending the day reading it, it makes me feel a little better after hearing about nikki reed and ian #FOREVER-NIAN (sorry,I'm just so sad) Loved your story though.
Kimchihuahuafan chapter 16 . 4/10/2014
Hey! Next time I get all stressed out and use my ex for stress relieving sex I can blame it on . . .damn, I can't. I am not a Vampire... damnit!