Reviews for Two Daddies
the story is great so far it just bothers me that adrian calls kurt and blain daddy k and daddy b because realistically as he gets older it would be weird for him to call them daddy b/k i think it would be better if he called one dad/daddy and the other papa
Nightingale63 chapter 24 . 9/30
Lovely story, with a perfect finish - bravo!

Coop becomes a real uncle by the end, and that is so sweet to see. Your beloved OC Harriet is the new principal, and we know she's a good person and will work hard. Kurt and Blaine's little family performs together (the first of many, we hope!), naturally, a selection from The Sound of Music.

Your Burt is perfect: he knows what he wants to say, says all of it, and is so warm and genuine. I love it.

Blaine's speech is perfect too, and so in character (made me tear up!). He acknowledges what they've been through, is thankful and full of love and forgiveness, and it's so in character. Ady finishes the tale perfectly: loves his daddies, is happy at school, and a toast to them all!
Nightingale63 chapter 23 . 9/30
Hah! Victory!
Of course, it could be the school's owner bowing to pressure (instead of a more noble motivation) but either way, it works: Mrs. Bane is to be banished. Good riddance!

Of course, TV editing will always result in something you don't exactly expect, though they did do a good job. I think it's a good detail that they didn't include Rachel's interview (which she pitched in good faith), which also illustrates the point that this is process they didn't have control over. But that it went well isn't a surprise, and that the owner was susceptible to community pressure isn't one either.

The prospect of our boys being victorious, and helping to change the world for good (and Ady getting to go back to a school he's been missing) is very good indeed!
Nightingale63 chapter 22 . 9/30
Oh, Coop. Ruffling Ade's hair just as if it were Blainey's! A cute picture. And making like an uncle, inviting them to pizza in front of the boy (so the dads couldn't refuse). I think he's catching on fast! All very adorable, warm, and fuzzy.

It's good that the Andersons are thawing. Cooper's story has good details, so it makes it quite believable (and even Coop was savvy to the idea that Blaine might be slow to forgive him if he did it wrong).
Nightingale63 chapter 21 . 9/30
Love the scene with Coop. He acts like the goofy guy we know, and awkwardly (but sincerely) apologizes. I like it that he also tells us why, revealing what he saw in the hospital, and seeming to be ready now to fully be Adrian's uncle. Heartwarming, and a beautifully written scene. Blaine has always wanted his brother's love and approval, and says as much. He also shows his big heart, granting forgiveness immediately. Very sweet.

And the march is very successful at making a stand, making some noise. Cliffhanger ending to this chapter? If nothing else, Mrs. Bane will have to face the music.
Nightingale63 chapter 20 . 9/30
The march is a success! yes!

It's a funny little moment of comic relief, with the woman hitting on Blaine (and Kurt's reaction to it). I could see that happening, and like Blaine, I think it's silly. (Blaine probably secretly finds Kurt's reaction adorable and hilarious.)

Meanwhile, Rachel is showing the girl we knew in high school: determined, organized, and ready to make a loud noise! Good for her!

Coop? well, we do know he loves the spotlight...
Nightingale63 chapter 19 . 9/30
Aw, that is so sweet, that Ady wanted the Scarecrow because that was Blaine's part. Adorable!

and we're seeing rumblings that management isn't happy with Blaine's replacement. Maybe he'll be back on stage soon! I bet Ady would approve of that.

And Rachel's publicity video was effective, as her fans clearly show. Believable; I've given to every charity Darren has pleaded for!
Nightingale63 chapter 18 . 9/30
Sweet. As I expected, Ady is more than willing to forgive Kurt, and it seems all will be well there. Kurt has also learned that parents are human: he will make mistakes and have to ask forgiveness from time to time. Well done!
Nightingale63 chapter 17 . 9/30
I like the doctor: his comments also show that their assumptions aren't always right: he meant no harm, and doesn't care if there are two dads, he just didn't know. They feel beleagured, so it's not surprising they think the world is against them.

I like it that Rachel is there for them, and that even though there are some bad issues, Kurt thinks Blaine should reach out to his family too. I'm hoping they have more compassion for the little boy than they expected (at least the mom anyway).

I was right about the illness!
Nightingale63 chapter 16 . 9/30
Ah. Newbie parents. They need to talk to Burt, STAT! Adrian was hurt, and Kurt screwed up, but one thing about kids is that they are resilient, and inclined to forgive their parents. Kurt doesn't know this yet (but I believe Burt and Carole would have told him that, since I would have). Poor guy. He doesn't know this isn't permanent.

Not only that, but being upset can make a child sick, and Adrian's stress at this situation probably made whatever was going on physically even worse. Poor baby.

But this focuses both his daddies: their baby needs them, and they will both rally to get him better.
Nightingale63 chapter 15 . 9/30
Oh, Kurt. Pressure can do bad things to any parent, and he shows that kids aren't the only ones who can have tantrums. Yipes. Except that poor Adrian comes with baggage, and part of that is fear of abandonment. Heartbreaking. After all, Adrian didn't think of what he did as destructive, so was hurt even more so by Kurt's anger. I'm thinking Kurt's going to feel really awful...
Nightingale63 chapter 14 . 9/30
Well done!

I like Rachel's piece quite a lot: filled with drama (it's a tale with a beginning, plot, and ends with a plea to action) and effective. She's using her power and her talents to do good, and I like it a lot. I wonder if maybe Kurt was upset that Blaine decided to allow this exposure, but it seems he got over that hurdle quickly (a good thing, since Blaine and Rachel only wanted good things).
Nightingale63 chapter 13 . 9/30
Who's Blaine going to call? I'm thinking maybe Rachel.

We get (and they do) a clearer picture, that there is a lot of support for them from other parents, but also that someone who is clinging to keeping her job won't give up without a fight. I like Blaine when the subject of the biter-kit comes up: it's true that kids do that, and if they apologize (and don't repeat that action) the proper thing to do is move on and forgive (Kurt, not so easily!).

It's nice to see that even with all the stress, they know how to flirt and be kind to one another.

Kurt's idea isn't all bad, though it is borne of desperation. Blaine can't face it though, and I don't blame him (separation from his Kurt and his child? nope). Though I can see why Kurt's wanting to call in the reinforcements!
Nightingale63 chapter 12 . 9/30
... good thing they didn't go the surrogacy route! (as a parent, I can definitely say that taking care of a kindergarten child is a piece of cake compared to a toddler). But you do catch it here, that while being a parent is amazing, it can also be exhausting. But at least they share it, and support each other. And real life, including jobs, is a thing, after all, and Kurt needs to do what he does in order to make that happen.

Another wrinkle (in addition to both boys being really tired) is that in the short term it doesn't look easy on the school front. That makes sense: casual accusations won't do it. However, at least they are seeing that there is more support than they thought originally. As for the long game, I have faith in Harriet :-)
Nightingale63 chapter 11 . 9/30
I really like Harriet and Dan; they come across as different from each other (Harriet's more fiery, like Kurt, and Dan seems quieter and more prone to weighing actions first) but also as believable people. Harriet is especially vivid: she wants justice, and is willing to work to make it happen.