Reviews for Lost in the Echo
MF 22 chapter 1 . 6/3
The oh-so-great Captain America was, in all reality, the bad guy during that whole mess. He came to the X-Men with one single purpose, and he was willing to resort to force to see it fulfilled. He didn't try to talk to Scott. He threatened him. He showed in force with a fucking Hellicarrier filled with people ready to attack, and was shocked when Scott responded to his threat with an attack.

Come to think of it, the Captain was every bit the bad guy Stark was during Civil War. And despite the political commentary that resulted from it, given the blatant allusions to the PATRIOT Act, it was quite clear that Stark was most definitely a bad guy, as opposed to someone who was merely trying to do the right thing. Hill was also a bad guy, and all the other pro-registration assholes. And the Captain reacted in a similar disgraceful manner during AvX. The good Doctor Reinstein was most likely rolling over in his grave when his chosen one acted like such a child.

As for Wolverine, I'm glad the mongrel is dead, at long last. When I was younger, I like him. When I grew up, I realized he was much more of a monster than many people seem to acknowledge; I detest the character. So, I reiterate my statement: I'm glad the mongrel is dead.
smiler411 chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
This is really deep, I love it.
angry penguin chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Sigh. Hope definitely deserves this treatment and more.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
omg so sad thanks for writing this
KPheonix chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Everyone has an opinion as to how it could have been oulled. I'm sure some of the staff agree with you, and others don't. Executive meddling probably prevented them from doing what they wanted to do, and some went along willingly.

Either way, AvX is ending. Nothing we can do to change that except write fanfics about it and call it a day.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Oh boy, this was pretty heavy, and it touches on a lot of the issues I've had with how AvX has played out so far. Part of me would've loved for Scott to say something, anything, even if all he's got left at this point is recriminations. I understand why you left it the way you did though, it really gets the reader into the head of a 17 year old girl who was in way over her head and acted as such. Maybe if Cable had been an active participant in AvX, things would've ended up better for mutants than the enevitable defeat I see coming. Well done.
gt1009233 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012