Reviews for Those Who Lift Each Other
Knight.of.Ink chapter 10 . 2/2/2014
You killed Britt...frak, I think you just ripped my heart out. Here's hoping for a deeper look at San's reaction at some point.

On another note, this story is awesome. Even though I had to pause at one point so that I could catch up in the actual series. lolz
eclipsethegum chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
I absolutely love this. You NEED to update soon. 3
progomphus chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
I have really enjoyed this story. Hope it has not been abandoned.
FriendlyFangirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Frack you.

Frack you and your spot-on characterization. Your perfect rendering of the mood of canon BSG and ESPECIALLY frack how seamlessly you integrate glee characters into it.
My feels are beaten to a pulp and I didn't even take this fic in one sitting.

I SOBBED for Puck. Sat here on the living room floor and cried my eyes out. And less than a chapter later I was laughing and cooking because Hera and Mongoose. and THAT is BSG. Rip your heart out and then give you the tiniest fuzzy that you just desperately cling to and love forever.

Frack this fic.
...and frack me for knowing I'm coming back for more when you update.
UConnHusky90 chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
I initially wondered what Carole would add to the discovery of Dr. Robert's crimes; I thought Quinn would be a more appropriate choice. You sure showed me! Wow! Carole was on fire this segment. Don't frak with one of her kids, huh? Assaulting the marine who wanted to detain Quinn for questioning? Throwing a major fit in the infirmary when she finds the murderer happily at work? Barging in on the Admiral and the President to demand an explanation? Wow! (And poor Finn being punished for not being able to stop his mom, lol!) After all her mocking of Baltar's manifesto, it was a little unsettling to see her contemplating it at the end after facing the realization that things may never get better...

And with the "Dirty Hands" arc, things were appropriately horrible. And once again poor Sam was in the middle of it. (Exhaustion seems to be his kid's lot in your story.) Unfortunately instead of running to deliver bad news, he WAS the bad news with his injury. While that was relatively minor, it's plain he's working himself to death as a way of trying to escape his broken heart. I know his chapter's coming up and you've got me a little afraid of his fate (I haven't forgotten Will's prophecy from chapter one).

Another excellent chapter.
llGeekGoddessll chapter 12 . 2/23/2013
I have really enjoyed this story. I missed the new battlestar and caprica when they aired on the scify channel and only recently watched them because of your story. You have written an interesting story with really good character development of a few of the glee characters I normally do not pay attention to. I cried when brittney died. I wish that you had developed your Rachel more and given her a bigger part of the story. I am not nor will ever be a fan of Kurt since I can't get past his first season "mean girl" persona but writing of his story is good. Are you planning on focusing on Rachel again in the future chapters?
Kalyxia chapter 11 . 2/12/2013
Such an amazing story, I really hope you continue it :)
Guest chapter 11 . 1/19/2013
Oooooh. I love this. Spent my entire day reading it. You can write SO well! Just, like, amazing. Really. I hope you're able to continue.
titface chapter 11 . 1/5/2013
I really hope you haven't abandoned this story. It's so good. Best thing I've read in a super long time.
titface chapter 2 . 1/3/2013
I was pretty " WTF?!" when I saw this story, but damn. It works. I love your Brittany POV, and Burt is so spot on. I've got a long way to go but I'm looking forward to other POVs. It's kind of insane how well you've merged these two worlds. Actually it's very insane. It's so true to both worlds. I will be sure to keep reading!
Guest chapter 11 . 12/26/2012
I'm really enjoying this story, you've crafted this very well. It's refreshing to read our beloved BSG from the perspective of New Directions, it's been blended so seamlessly it's almost like they were characters on the show. Please keep going...
Guest chapter 9 . 10/22/2012
If depressing can be called good, than this chapter was great. You painted a heck of a bleak picture of life on New Caprica through the eyes of Kurt and, indirectly, his family. His extending mourning of Blaine is heart-rending.

The playground caper was clever. but I wish someone had pulled the stick out of Gaeta's butt. I only didn't like his character on the show until the very end. Here...sheesh. Shame he made if off planet in the next chapter.

Quinn - I guess smoking is required for all colonial physicians, huh? Sam - poor guy's always running in and out of scenes with news, usually bad.

Again, Kurt seeing Blaine up on the memorial wall tore me up.
UConnHusky90 chapter 11 . 10/22/2012
These just keep getting better and worse at the same time. (Just like BSG.) Mike was so in character - caring and sensitive, but strong at the same time. Linking him (and Tina) with the Tyrol and Cally, then Helo and Athena, through the daycare angle was masterful. Bonding with Santana over Brittany was touching (as touching as anything involving Santana can be, anyway.)

The PTSD moment for Kurt (and, slightly) Sam when they saw the shirts was unsettling.

I can't wait for the next installment: "The Woman King", when we see how Quinn and especially Kurt will react when the actions Dr. Michael Robert are uncovered.
UConnHusky90 chapter 10 . 10/22/2012
A powerful chapter. Kurt's journey was terrifying. But you gave him the nobility and perserverance to survive, as did the the show.

Losing Brittany in such a random and callous manner was horrible. As was Sam losing his wife.

Sue and Shannon as guerilla warriors was excellent. Bringing Burt and Carole so close to the core of the resistance was an interesting move; I reckoned our characters would play more peripheral roles.
UConnHusky90 chapter 8 . 10/21/2012
Showing the kids against the backdrop of the election was wonderful. It looks as though Rachel is more the obnoxious, driven first-season Rachel than the more relaxed third season version.

After the last chapter, I enjoyed the humor. I loved her boss asking her if she was storming out of the room and giving her an errand to do if she was. Couldn't stop laughing at the musical "Damnit, Planet"? "Baby, No"? and the idea of Quinn's Baltar song to "You Belong To Me"...

Then we revisited the Blaine tragedy...made worse by seeing more of Kurt's grieving and the fact that Zarek was using it to his advantage by tempting Rachel with opportunity.