Reviews for Sacraments
maria chapter 11 . 5/29
just stumbled upon this fic few hours ago and couldnt stop reading until I got to the last sentence What a gem! Im so glad Ive got the chance to read it. Your writing is brilliant, outstanding, really. English is not my mother tongue, I feel a bit annoyed that I cannot express myself very well, that I cannot praise you well enough. I hope you will continue on this storytelling soon.
Virginie22 chapter 6 . 8/7/2015
This chapter couldn't be more perfect. I have tears in my eyes. The idea of the little boy is great. Th chat with Elder Brother is amazing. The way you choose your words to speak about Sandor's feelings and his current situation, the meaning of the crow, the word "brother", the fire, the sword, even stranger. I love it, I love it so much!
DarkSister7 chapter 11 . 3/8/2015
It was beautiful and touched my heart. I really love the parallels Sandor sees between Gregor and Joffrey, and how you write him not just as a drunk and insecure brute but as a deeply troubled and scarred person with all the psychological depth it carries... my heart went out for him. Can't wait for the next update.
blueSands chapter 11 . 9/13/2014
This chapter was absolutely wonderful! Sandor's speech to the elder brother is so poignant, realistic and so very in character. This story is one of the most beautiful Sandor's representation I've ever read.
magnus374 chapter 11 . 9/11/2014
This was great.
blueSands chapter 10 . 7/28/2014
I'm still reading your fic and I'm so glad you've not abandoned it! I really love the way you've portrayed Sandor. I hope you can update soon.
magnus374 chapter 10 . 6/16/2014
It's interesting how Sandor thinks.
emmiemac chapter 9 . 7/24/2013
Elder Brother's suggestion that kindness is a strength seems a reference to Sansa who has that strength yet doesn't quite realize it [nor does Sandor entirely; he thinks it will get her killed too].
The hymn at the end was a very poignant touch, as was his tear.
ElleJay82 chapter 9 . 7/22/2013
Beautiful. Can't wait for more.
Winterwasp chapter 9 . 7/21/2013
lovely chapter
ElleJay82 chapter 8 . 6/24/2013
Well done! I'm really enjoying this. Can't wait for more.
Midnightdawn67 chapter 8 . 6/23/2013
Another great update, though long missed! I get that you are a perfectionist, but I truly miss the quicker updates. It is better for the sake of the story's flow...but anyhoo, quality over quantity, eh?
Sandor's feelings here are naturally dismissive, tormented, angry, bitter, and even...grateful, in the end, just to be taken into somebody, ANYBODY'S, care. That person being the indefatigable Elder Brother(oh, the layers to GRRM's obvious ironies in his character's lives!)...
The crow, Stranger, The EB, the very swamp itself...all jumble together to force our UnHounded Sandor to his decision to "leave it all behind, end it." It, being his Former Self.
I find myself cheering him on...
Kudos once again.
EilidhMc chapter 8 . 6/23/2013
This is excellent! Your deep introspection into Sandor's mind (it IS a mess, isn't it!) is quite beautiful. The way you imagine and describe all the little details of their world, such as the green cricket on his leg and the cattail fluff as they walk through the marsh, really makes it all come alive. I can't wait to see where you take us next.
mrm1 chapter 8 . 6/23/2013
Thanks for continuing to work on this story, I thought it had been abandoned... Really well written chapter, I particularly liked the description of their slow going through the marshes and your take on the Elder Brother burying the Hound. I always tend to imagine that it was done while Sandor was still too far gone with fever, but it's interesting to read a version were he is conscious and gives the Elder Brother permision to bury his things.

I hope you keep on writing this, it's one of the best stories about what Sandor is going through at probably his lowest point...
magnus374 chapter 8 . 6/23/2013