Reviews for Chiaroscuro
SharkAria chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
I read this a while back, and I should have reviewed it then. This is a wonderful, sensitive piece that fits in surprisingly well with Book I canon. 3 things about this that shocked me: 1) I pretty much always find arranged marriage tropes to be silly and out of character, but not here; this story enriches the existing characters and I am totally sold on Amon's love of his secret family! 2) The reason this story is amazing is because of the perspective. You told it from Amon's POV but deeply developed Tarrlok and Korra's characters in believable and interesting ways. That must have been really hard! 3) The plot was satisfying and kept me on my toes to the very end.

I hope that in this universe, Amon does get to be a family with Korra and Tarrlok...but, you know, not in an Equalist utopia and stuff. Beautiful writing!
YouAreOneTwistedCherri chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
This is one of my most favourite bittersweet one-shots was this perfect!
Mary-Sue chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Amon is totally Batman. I also love this story.
icefox425 chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Noooooo, the fact that there isn't more fills me with agony. Gah, I love this so much, yet it makes me so sad because I don't know if Amon will ever get a happy ending with his 'family.' Ah, that scene with Nila at the end was beautiful. ;_;
SteamyxhotTub chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
Yes, Amon IS Batman :) but other than that, this was quite lovely and I'll be happy to read more of your works :)
Aki WildQueen chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Batman Amon! Seriously, that was the best answer.

This was such a bittersweet fanfic. I really enjoyed reading it!

Thank you!
-Aki
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
OMG! I play piano and use the word "coda"!
The Lost and Found Box chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
ive been crying for days i just want them all to be one big happ fmaily ahhh
tenzin's beard chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
wow ok. goddamn. this is the best fucking korra fic i've ever read. good job.
divpotterdemitributebender chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I think I know who saved her... this is amazing. You're an incredible writer. Please do another series like Strings soon.
ILove2Write13 chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This is so beautiful. SO FREAKING PERF
Would you consider making a story about how Amon/Noatak might come back and see Tarrlok and his niece?
The Anti-Stratigist chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
"The answer as to how Amon can flawlessly stalk anybody and everybody without being detected: Amon is Batman."

Lol I know this wasn't part of the story, but that was a flawless comedic punchline. :) I really liked the story too, it was well written and seeing it from Amon's point of view was interesting.
unfoldingbliss chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
I must tell you, this deserves far more reviews. This is absolutely one of my favorite fanfics. It's in-character, consists of realistic situations for either side, and expands upon the character's backgrounds and struggles. Really thought out and wonderfully executed. Thank you so much for writing up and sharing it with your fellow Korrlok fans :3
GeminiK chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Wait what how does this story only have 9 reviews it's one of my favourite Karrloks ever and Amon's progression from I hate that chick to we are family gives me the warm fuzzies and I reread this story all the time(mostly when I'm waiting for strings to update because I LOVE THAT STORY FOR REASONS). I really don't know how many ways this story just makes me happy and giddy(even though it goes through some dark subjects like forced miscarriage, ect) but that adds to the complexity of Amon's development in this story and yeah... I'm in love with how you write Korra, Tarrlok, and Amon/Noatak.. I guess I love you? Yeah I'll go with that, wow I've managed to come across as awkward in a review I guess that's a sign to stop now, lol. :)
Atrocity Has That Effect On Me chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
I feel that it is important to congradulate you, Lantur, for brilliantly crafting another flawless story. I was engrossed in the details for the entire time that I was reading, and in a way I couldn't help but find this story to be bittersweet.

I adore the idea of Korra and Tarrlok as a loving couple, but at the same time it hurts in a way because I think of your other story, Strings. "Chiaroscuro" is different because it leaves the reader with hope for the future, where as Strings is meant to keep the viewer alert, always expecting the unexpected. Now I simply adore "Strings" because you created such a realistic plot and it is filled to the brim with so much angst. It is an amazing piece of work, and I mean it when I say that you have a gift for writing stories. I believe that you will make one awesome writer, if you chose to follow that as a profession.

But to get to the point, Chiaroscuro is the ending that I honestly want for Strings. And I fear that this will not be the case because of the way that the story has played out so far.

Regardless of how much Tarrlok loves Korra, it will not erase the fact that he kidnaped her. I want to say that there is a chance for the couple to have their happily ever after, but life is not a picnic. There is honestly no such thing as a fairy tale ending, as much as I wish there were. Life is what it is...

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed this one-shot. It was very well written, and I think it would be cool if you wrote one about Korra and Tarrlok finding out that Amon is Noatak, and having the story center around Nila in some way.

Yeah, I agree with you. Amon is freaking Batman! :) Keep up the good work!

Sincearly,