Reviews for A Morbid Taste for Ice
LostInSpace33 chapter 39 . 11/26
Love, love, LOVE this story!
AislingSmith chapter 1 . 11/10
I love the line "Mom and Dad don't care if we kill each other anymore!"
Poodle warriors chapter 39 . 10/17
This was an amazing story, I absolutely loved it. Thank you for writing it as there was so much to be savored and enjoyed.
Am I allowed to respond to another reviewer? Probably not. But I'm going to anyways. I agree, Darcy is a bit petulant. Yet, I can clearly see how Loki lo... is attracted to her. She's pretty messed up in this story. Her development however, mirrors Loki's. I think this is why this Loki incarnation likes her. They are, in fact, extremely similar. She's a microcosm of the Odin family's macrocosm. Her sarcasm akin to Loki's wit. Her crass remarks are equivalent to Loki's chaos. A persona, a shield of sorts to hide behind. It's easy to loathe oneself when everyone else thinks there is nothing more to you. She hides behind a sharp tongue because everyone expects no more from her. Just as no one expects anymore from Loki but tricks and disorder. Opposites despite a common misconception, don't attract. The people they love cannot get through because they have bought into the expectation everyone else has of them.
They both possess a large sense of pride. Shown by Loki's ego and Darcy's "strength" and refusal to obey. Yet when everyone else cast off Loki as the moody psychopath, Darcy kept badgering him. Meanwhile, while everyone cast Darcy off as the petulant child with a big mouth, Loki kept reminding her of her worth. They reminded each other that they were not just their facades but rather, fully developed, complex individuals with dimension and a whole other slew of qualities others had ignored.
Second if your want to talk about childish and immature the you ought to consult the expert- Loki. He threw a New York decimating sized temper tantrum when he found out he was adopted. And let's not forget he tried to prove his worth to Daddy Odin by destroying the land of the Frost Giants. Even if that's cannon this story includes plenty of *cough* not my brother *cough* immature Loki. He's the god of trickery and mischief, I'm pretty sure he's always gonna be a bit of kid at heart.
Anyways, sorry that was a long rant. I just don't see how someone who has read 28 chapters can say something so naive. Not that they'll ever read this. But writing it helped me realise exactly how wonderous your writing is. I can actually formulate an argument, and follow it through! Kudos to you for making decent character development. Your writing is spectacular. There is plenty of psychological development of characters. And most importantly, their motivations and attractions for each other thus far are very sensible.
"Did teality stop taking your calls again" was perfect but That "act of god" line though... I nearly died of laughter. People likely think I'm a raving lunatic while watching me read this.. I burst out laughing at the most unfortunate of times.
The best part was not the change in pov but the change in writing style in accordance with the change of pov. It's easy to use the same character filter we've been getting, but this really sounded different enough from Darcy's sarcastic brain to be convincing. Your wit shines through but with a more eloquent, brooding Loki narration. And after writing Darcy's pov for so long and so well it would've been easier to keep that tone, but you managed to tweak it enough to still have a wonderful story without... Darcy-fying it. Yep that is definitely a real thing. Until this chapter I didn't realize how nice it is to read a chapt that's not ...Darcy-fied.
Another well written chapter. And we readers are relieved you leave the extra long chapts intact. The fantasy football thing was great. But even better was writing of Clint's weapons as 'Loki attitude adjusters' I nearly died at that.
Goodness I love this. The reiteration of "mom" and "dad", how everyone takes something different from Darcy's defense- ice cream vs house fire. Loki's begrudging help, the bit about the workers favorite hobby, I could go on and on. It's just such a wonderful balance of comedy and realistic plot line.
A very strong start. I've just read several of the popular Loki-Jane fics and decided to start on this couple when the well-written ones of those ran out. I love your style, the best stories are defined by the individual style of the author. I love the narration from Darcy here. The right amount of sarcasm and insights about each character that are ironically accurate. I was laughing, yet agreeing the whole way through. From her bothering Loki to Thor's desire to prove his masculinity through grilling. The fact Darcy no longer is the one running me is, errands cause Thor cannot do much else. I hope the rest of this story continues so well and am excited to read on.
Liz Ben chapter 39 . 10/13
I feel strangely bereft, seeing them fading into the sunset in such odd garb. From those shining moments of sparkling tension and shards of sparkling angst, the end sort of fizzled out. But yes, I understand that you're writing for fun. It has been a wonderful trip with your characters, slices of brilliance and shadows of haste. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
I've read this story twice, and I think my favourite chapter is #20; Loki's POV, where his internal struggles are voiced. Don't get me wrong, the naughty ones are thoroughly enjoyable, but this chapter has great character development, without being too angsty.
An Excellent read.
I'm sorry but I dont like this Darcy. To think that Loki would fall in love with a woman like her is ridiculous. In most stories Darcy is a slut but here she's just plain petulant and stubborn (in a bad way). But your Loki is awesome.
LavenderSkies chapter 39 . 9/6
This story is made up of so many little things I like, I don't think I can cover it all. I think Bic is hilarious. The ongoing joke of refering to Jane and Thor as mom and dad in the early chapters was amusing. The things about who is right or wrong, who is the hero or bad guy from different people's perspective is food for thought. Love Loki and Darcy's character developments. And I feel for poor Thor. He tries so hard for his brother, but Loki is always being difficult. While this is mainly a Loki and Darcy story, my favorite scene is the flashback of when the brothers first escaped to Earth, where Loki slumped against Thor's side and Thor put his arm around Loki. In that moment the centuries slipped away and he was a boy in the protective arms of his big brother. That just broke my heart. Thanks for sharing this story! It has been an enjoyable read. D
RandomFandoms14 chapter 27 . 9/4
RandomFandoms14 chapter 18 . 9/3
I'm a sucker for tense arguments. This one had me at the edge of my seat! It was really good!
1,973 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »