Reviews for shine
NiceSlytherin chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
I love the character of Narcissa. People always overlook her, think Andy's the most interesting Black sister, but Cissy has a special place in my heart that just exploded when I read this. Thank you so much, this is Perfect.
Someone Amazed chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
Oh. My. Fucking. God. Pardon my French. But the ending.

'So Cissy dearest,

make it subtle, make it sweet, make it soft,

but Narcissa, sweetheart,

make it memorable.

"Dead."'

That was one of the most amazing things I have ever read oh my god oh my god oh my god you have no idea.
congratsyou'vegrownasoul chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
At last, some love for the Black family's survivor (who has maybe a little more bravery than she'd think when it comes down to it.) AND MORE FREEVERSE. YES.
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This was breathtaking. I loved the idea behind this; it's rather clever and definitely a good point. Why is she just a flower?

I absolutely loved the summary line, and this bit was just fucking gorgeous:

[So Cissy dearest,

make it subtle, make it sweet, make it soft,

but Narcissa, sweetheart,

make it memorable.

"Dead."]

I love how you tied her shining moment (no pun intended!) in at the end. Lovely.
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
I loved this so so much you have NO idea. Never thought I'd actually like reading FreeVerse; I usually think it's a tad disjointed and stuff cuz most of them don't have an actual storyline but, oh, yours are gorgeous. Read a couple of you works on my phone and I just HADHADHAD to review this one at least. Love your other stories too, despite me being generally anti-wolfstar :/ but aksjdhfkasjdhf . .
Found a perfect way to spend my Sunday night, THANK YOU :')
SereneMayhem chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
I love this! Damn, your freeverses are all simply amazing ;)
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Beautiful. Absolutely incredible. I love the part where you talk about 'black hole Bella' and the others. Amazing! :)
PSdancer54 chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Aww! This was really good! I love all the comparisons between all the siblings and cousins. Great job!
Liberated Marionette chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Brilliant. A lot of freeverses need the way their written, as opposed to the actual words, to impact the reader. This is the best poem I have read on this site. Narcissa's being named after a flower has been explored a lot on here, but this is by far the best study of it I've seen. Well done!
LoonyLoopyLisa chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I loved this. I had always wondered about Narcissa's name also. This is a great look at her.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Wow that was so incredibly beautiful I loved it. I love Narcissa as a character but I knew there was more than what was written on the pages. She is my favourite mi or character and this was exactly how I would describe her. :D
BlameNargles chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Narcissa never stood out as character in the books until that moment, so it was a really good idea to finish with that. My favourite part is the line used in the summary: 'Narcissa, dear, don't you realise that stars go out with a bang, and flowers just... wilt'.
Jannice Sace chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I just love it. True, Narcissa didn't really make that big of an impact nor shine that much. I like how you linked her most memorable line in the book to the piece. Keep updating
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
nicely done, very creative
OrikamiGirl chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I loved it! I do think it's strange though, how Narcissa's the only flower.