Reviews for Secret of Mine
KilllaKirika chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Aw, this is so sweet! I thought the ending was funny, too. I also think Kaori and Jun BELONG together! This is really good! FAVORITE!
Hagetaka chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
It's as you say: Kitagawa and Kaori are a rather nice couple; I'm glad you wrote this story about them. This was quite a good story overall, though there are a few comments that I could make.

Your writing seems rather summary. There are several scenes that seem as though they could have been written out in more detail, rather than describing Kaori's thoughts on them in brief statements after the events occurred. (Then again, I can't say that I actually dislike the effect it generates. Had I been writing the story, I would have done it in more description, but it would have also resulted in a different sort of feel to the story. Even so, being a bit more specific during the descriptions of past events could do a bit of good.)

If I had to search myself and come up with a complaint about the content this story, it would likely be that I can't recall Kitagawa being particularly arrogant or boastful in the original story. He was quite confident, but for the most part it's a deserved confidence (ie. the scene for Shiori's birthday party in the 2006 anime: The other students genuinely like Kitagawa and want to see him perform). Really, he's a goofball, but his only real personality fault is his persistence in trying to win Kaori's affection. (And several instances, such as his first meeting with Yuuichi, where he makes the claim that the two of them are dating even when they aren't).

I think the problem stems from the fact that Kitagawa has very little screen time, and his visible personality traits easily lead to him being conflated with the much-more-visible Sunohara from CLANNAD. (Sunohara, unlike Kitagawa, actually is arrogant and a jerk much of the time). The two characters fulfill the same role of "Main Character's best friend", so people sometimes treat them as if they were the same (or at least, more similar than they actually are shown to be). (On a side note, Kitagawa's personality does seem to be quite similar to that of Hinata Hideki from Angel Beats!)