Reviews for Pain
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
A very interesting simile...
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
So this leaves me wondering why I haven't read more about Lucy (especially since she's my namesake hehe). I really like how you characterised her here - with the contrast between how she used to be "sweet and innocent" and what she's become after being bitten. It must be so horrible for her, having all those rumours circulating.

I think this was a really original idea, actually. I've never read about one of the next-gen kids being bitten, or about werewolf!Lavender (although I know that's not unheard of), but I think what made this fic was how horrible it must have been to be bitten by someone she knew and even looked up to.

There was lots of really vivid emotion in this, and I loved it! (Also I love you for putting Seamus with Lavender. Although I did notice that you were inconsistent in whether you referred to her as Brown or Finnigan, but that's just a nitpick.)
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Wow, this was certainly original! I don't think I've ever read something even remotely close to this.

I think you captured Lucy's thoughts really well - the paragraphs in the beginning and the end about her pain was so beautifully written.

Fantastic work!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I felt really sorry for Lucy, being bitten by someone she knew and trusted. You described her feelings and her pain well. It's great that she and Molly have such a strong bond. Of course all the Weasleys would want to be at her side but I can definitely imagine Lucy wanting just her family there.

I find the idea of werewolf!Lavender intriguing. Of course everybody knew she was attacked by Fenrir Greyback and always thought it ressembled Bill's attack more than Remus' attack, but of course, nothing is known in canon so this could very well be true as well.

I do believe however that Lavender and Seamus (I totally ship them too by the way) would not allow any sleepovers and a full moon, to avoid any risks of her biting one of her children's friends, but that's just nitpicking. I felt really sorry for Lavender as well.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Oh ... this is gut-wrenching. Lucy's pain and distress, Lavender being the one to have bitten her, the betrayal of it being someone she knew. The sentence just after she prays should be "...prayers weren't *being* answered" or "*haven't* been answered," depending on which tense you want. Lucy not wanting her entire family around, not wanting to be known for the werewolf bite, finding a way to think of the pain as something functional are all realistic.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Oh, wow, that was shocking and heartbreaking and very well done. I like how you portrayed Lucy's conflicting emotions regarding Lavender and her inability to connect Lavender to 'the werewolf'.
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wow. Great job showing how conflicted Lucy is about the fact that someone she has known all her life was the one who attacked her.
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
I like how you've explained the whole back story really well, though all the while keeping it focused on this pain she is feeling. Great job!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This was a very interesting story. I liked the focus on the different reactions of the family members and how they all handle fright and emotional pain in different ways, just as real people do.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
So, I'm starting to think that Lucy might just be your favorite NextGen character too, huh? Haha, I love the way that you wrote this. The idea of Lavender Brown being a werewolf is an interesting one, and I feel like it might be canon, but I'm not entirely sure... Is it? Once again, your characterization of Lucy rang true. Great job!
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Aww, man, this was pretty sad. But deep as well. I liked it! There were a lot of sharp character contrasts there that made it pretty interesting.
AmzyD chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
You describe her emotions and feelings very well, great job!
Tammi-Stark chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This was great! You are a really great writer! I am starting to believe that Lucy is one of your favorite characters. I don't beleieve that there were many mistakes and the story was unique and very good.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
An interesting turn of events here! I really like the way you've set this up; it's terrifying and I can't imagine what it would be like to be at your best friend's house and be attacked by her mother. You capture that terror well. A few nitpicky things: You call Lavender "Lavender Brown" near the beginning and "Lavender Finnigan" at the end- it should probably be Finnigan throughout, since that's how Lucy would know her. Unless Lucy's mum is a Muggle, I don't know why she would compare the pain to a car, as so few wizards use them... And there is one small typo "weren't been" rather than "weren't being." Anyway, on the whole this was really well done and I liked it.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Yet again, brilliant!
I love the way you have described the attack and how he recgonises that the wolf is Lavender because of the glint in her eyes. I especially love the metaphor of her being the car with the pain as her fuel. Absolutely brilliant! :)