Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Jesssy chapter 3 . 1/11/2013
I just found this story and I absolutely love this! Please, please continue this, I would love to read more! :D
deanstheman chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
OK I forgot to heed my own rule of never reading your stuff on an empty stomach. Sourdough with vanilla marshmallows? mmm.
I think I can understand Sam and John's insistance on keeping the leg despite the doc's advice. The doctor is able to look at it objectively, knowing full well the likely outcomes of both options. Sam can't see any option being worse than losing his leg at this point.
OK, I'd be kinda embarassed too if my parents invited my girlfriend (or boyfriend in my case) on a date without telling me. Talk about getting ambushed! You need time to psyche yourself up for that meeting, lol.
Loved that Bobby was there too :)
MysteryMadchen chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
I think this was probably your best written chapter yet, great descriptives. Thanks for the update, Nicole :)
SPN Mum chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
I'm still trying to decide how Balthazar felt Sam and Dean being handicapped this much is going to allow them to have a happier life. o.O I guess they're as happy as they can be, for their situation, but Sam still has a lot of pain, and they are both limited as to activities they can do. I'm glad John believed in Sam enough to decide to let him keep his leg, and opted for the surgery instead. Sam has proven that he can handle it, even if the pain can be hard to deal with. I'm glad John and Bobby are so supportive of the boys, and that they have a good school to attend, and that they are together.
BranchSuper chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
Very interesting story.
murphy9202 chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
Great story. Another good chapter. Update soon.
deanstheman chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
Sam AND Dean... but you know what? This way they probably won't get into hunting now and their lives as hunters, even though they had no physical disabilities, were pretty miserable. This might be a better turnout for them. Very touching story so far. Balthazar might just be right (though he's probably up to something not so selfless).
Didn't guess that Jared Collins (love the name, BTW) is Balthazar? Nice twist.
deanstheman chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Great start to the story but what a horrible way to end a chapter! I'm glad Dean got to go to the same school as Sam. Sam has enough hardship ahead of him and having his brother there would definitely make things a bit easier.
SPN Mum chapter 2 . 8/18/2012
So Sam was crippled and Dean was partially paralyzed because of Balthazar? He thinks this is a way to make the boys happy? Strange way to accomplish that, but then Balthazar always did have a strange way of looking at things. lol
MysteryMadchen chapter 2 . 8/17/2012
Wow the boys are really screwed and I'm curious as to why you're having Dean with Jess instead of Sam. Not that I don't like it, I'ms just curious. Also hoping that the angles heal Dean's spine and Sam's leg. Are you going to introduce Cass. Is Balthezar from the future that we all know and love and changing the boys future from there? Thanks so much, Nicole.
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Oh that sucks! Dean and Sam got hit by a car the poltergeist was 'driving'! John needs to be more careful! O.o
OrionPax9 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
good start to a neat looking story. keep up the good work.
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Hmmmm very interesting start and can't wait to see where it goes from here. Thanks for the story and the deaf Sam! Nicole.
lizzieten chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
looking forward to the next chapter, this is a very interesting story! Loved it!