Reviews for Evaporation
A Flicker of Candlelight chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Nice one shot. I like the comparisons you made between the two, it was very well thought out.
Great job!
jessi chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Great story!
Lady Imogene chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Like the contrast! Very nicely put together!
Doomblade chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
I rather liked it. VERY well done, makes me want to get back into writing ATLA fics myself
JustBlossom chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Have you ever felt something that's scalding or burning? Well, it hurts. It's not pleasant. So I'm a little confused as to why Katara would want to feel pain.
I'm also confused about this sentence: "How can someone so wise know so little?" It makes no sense. If he were wise, he obviously wouldn't know so little. Perhaps if you elaborated as to why she feels this way things would become more clear. 'Cause right now it seems as though you are looking for non-existent reasons to bash Aang. What is this knowledge he lacks, anyway? Likewise, what is he blind about? The reader needs to know, or the argument is futile. It seems like you're making things up with no real reason other than to say something cool sounding in an attempt to make Aang look bad.
BTW, this whole He and he thing is unnecessary. As long as you are clear, the reader should not need the capitalization difference to know whom you are referring to.
One last thing: if Katara is desperately in love with Zuko (as you seem to be implying) why does she feel the need to think about Aang and his behaviour anyway? Oh, and why is she so attracted to Zuko in the first place? Because other than his "scalding" touch, she doesn't seem to have a reason. (And wanting to burn yourself doesn't seem like much of a reason to me).
I know this is fiction, but to keep characters in character there must be logic behind their thoughts and actions. Otherwise I end up with loads of questions. And you end up with this monster of review.
Sorry for the extreme long-ness of this review. I also apologize if I seem a little harsh. I really just want to make things clear! :) BTW, I love the sentence: "When water succumbs to fire's unquenchable thirst." Very well-worded.