Reviews for Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow
marye904 chapter 4 . 9/14/2012
This is highly emotional time. time before the affirmative diagnosis.
Michi uk chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Very emotional chapter, i do hope the results are in Mac's favour, can,t wait to find out.
alix33 chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
"She looks at me critically and inexplicably burst out laughing. "Maybe we need to put this conversation on hold for a few minutes." After I give her a confused look, she explains, "I'm sitting naked in a bathtub and your uniform is half-soaked." I look down at myself in sudden realization and manage a wry chuckle. "It's probably time for the laundry for this one anyway, so no big deal. I just wasn't thinking," I admit as I stand, pulling her up with me. I grab a towel from the rack and wrap it around her as she steps out of the tub. "Obviously," she remarks, a wicked gleam suddenly appearing in her eyes. It takes me a moment to catch up to the new direction of her thoughts. Oh. It's almost funny. I have my wet, naked wife in my arms and the furthest thing from my mind is having my way with her. "Should I be apologizing?" I ask, trying to keep this light, or my thoughts might get bogged down again. "Actually, I think it's sweet," she says with a laugh. "And in other circumstances, I probably wouldn't let you leave this room – at least until after I helped you out of those wet clothes." "I'll keep that in mind for later," I say," - These paragraphs were funny, sweet and a little bit sad, considering.
"she traces the work 'Marines' on the front of my t-shirt as we lie silently entwined." - "the word 'Marines' ".
"With a finger, she traces the work 'Marines' on the front of my t-shirt as we lie silently entwined. The red shirt, with white lettering proclaiming 'Property of the United States Marines', was a gift from Mac that I found in my duffel bag after the SeaHawk left Norfolk back in January. I put it on because I thought it might cheer her up, which it obviously did judging from the laughter when she joined me on the bed." - AW!
"After a brief moment, she closes the distance between us, her lips pressing softly against mine. She shifts in my lap so that she's straddling me, her body pressing against mine as she deepens the kiss, her hands sliding under my shirt, fingernails scraping my back as she grinds her hips against mine. She tears her mouth from mine, her tongue darting out to moisten her lips as she starts to lift my shirt up. I start to lift my arms to help her, but we're interrupted by a sharp cry from the baby monitor on the dresser. We stare at each other then burst out laughing. At least this hadn't moved along very far yet – we've been interrupted at even more inopportune moments. It took me just over a day after coming home to find out that taking care of a baby and wanting to have sex with my wife can and will conflict." - Hehehe.
"so common place," - "commonplace" is one word.
Ciara chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Thank you on both stories cause I love them both. I've even gone back and I'm re-reading DOALS from the beginning and look forward to many more new chapters!
jareya chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Very emotional chapter... very interesting to see how Harm and Mac are dealing with these fears and challenges. It definitely strikes a chord with me... as I'm sure it will for anyone who's lived through (either themselves or with loved ones) these sorts of difficult discoveries and diagnoses. Thanks for writing this story, and I'm looking forward to more. I'm glad to hear that you may be working on '...Sunny Skies' soon... thanks so much for sharing your talent with us.
bethsthings chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
A very emotional chapter. Wonderful writing. Can't wait for the results.
McRose chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
Very realistic expression of the emotions. I'm glad to know you're going to be able to finish Sunny Skies but hope you don't neglect DOALS! Three stories to juggle is a lot.
Marye904 chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
I too have had thyroid surgery and have the "cool scar at the base of my throat". It wasn't cancer but I was young and now rely on medication. A person can live after surgery but looking in the mirror brings it all back.
Keep it going,looking forward to more.
Saissa chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
I too have a thyroid issue - but fortunately I have not had thyroid cancer.

But my thyroid is over active and produces too much thyroid hormone thereby increasing my metabolism. I am currently taking anti-thyroid medication to cut down on the amount of hormone my thyroid produces.

And while I do have what is called Multi-nodular thyroid (I have several small nodules on my thyroid) I don't have a goitre. My thyroid is not swollen enough to interfere with my breathing - thank goodness.

Also I have been seeing an ENDOCRINOLOGIST - or an ENDO for short - NOT the ENT. An ears nose and throat (ENT) doctor does not treat the thyroid.

One more thing - Thyroid hormones control the fertility cycle and it is possible for some women with thyroid issues, to have extreme difficulty becoming pregnant or staying pregnant. That too has happened with me.
McRose chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
I always enjoyed Little House on the Prairie - the books, the show, what I've read about Laura and her family's later life in Missouri. But - when I first saw the title, I was reminded of Sooz's "The Sweetness and the Sorrow" - same general theme in the sense of what I call the "circlet of life" - how the good and bad come full circle. I recall that former first lady Barbara Bush was diagnosed with a thyroid condition in the late 1980's - another long term survivor. Whether you go the cancer route or Graves Disease or other thyroid condition,I know it'll be interesting and well-written - and I have faith that for Harm and Mac - and for you - the sun will shine again - and will prevail.
-janlaw (1/2 the McRose writing team of highplainswoman and janlaw)
Michi uk chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
So Mac's not pregnant, but has a lump on her thyroid gland,i do hope it's not serious, can't wait to find out.
Ciara chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
See now I was thinking that the title was "Days of Sunsine" meaning the birth of her baby and the "Days of Shadow" part was going to be some illness and I was thinking cancer but hadn't really thought of thyroid cancer. I look forward to reading this more and more!
alix33 chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
Thyroid anything makes me sit up and take notice: My sister (18 months younger than me) had an overactive thyroid diagnosed in her late twenties (when we learned the symptoms of that our whole family started thinking my paternal grandmother must have had it her whole life and she never ever got treated for it because it was the Second World War and she had to work as a seamstress practically until her old age and being Catholic, raise nine kids from two totally deadbeat husbands...) which had to be removed totally, so she is basically on thyroid hormones artificially for the rest of her life. My parents both have underactive thyroids, so they do the artificial or pill thyroid hormone thing too.
Pity your scar is not as cool as CB's.
Michi uk chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
Whatever's wrong with Mac, i hope it's not serious, Await next installment.
Ciara chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Love this so far and can't wait to read more!