Reviews for Lioness
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I love this story but I thought "Zaidy" was Hebrew for grandpa?
Chloris chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Mecha, this is beautiful. It's the best pick-me-up I've ever read and it makes me so happy for Ziva and Tony. Well done.
Tracey chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
You must be from Florida. As soon as you mentioned banana spiders, I knew either you had been to or were from there. I have been reading this and the Village stories and they are wonderful.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This is lovely. I don't know how I missed it, but, oh...the tender, cautious, slow steps, the uncertainty that flows through this...everyone's uncertainty is so clear and always under the surface of them and your words. Ziva's unsure about being a parent, Liana's unsure of her place in the family, Gibbs has never quite made it to "okay" with where Ziva is although he rolls with the reality, Tony trusts it'll all be okay, but is cautious of the others and often waiting for them to catch up to his belief in them...and it's never perfectly smooth, but it always works, as is the way of life and families that don't disintegrate. I love how much independence Ziva has by this time, I LOVE that she still has her owl, I LOVE that they're all a family still...this is a lovely depiction of the way the edges in adoption are always a little ragged, even when the center of the fabric is strong and sturdy and beautiful.
KrisShannon chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This is so beautiful! I have read 'Treading Water' and have enjoyed it so much. I hope you are planning to continue with it and link these two wonderful stories together. I do love that you wrote 'Lioness', it certainly does give a picture of Ziva's future. It shows her strong, capable, dedicated and happy... and now, a mother. Fantastic job. Looking forward to more of you beautiful work.
alexindigo chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
This made me cry Mecha. :) Your writing evokes such intense emotions and I'm constantly amazed with each new chapter. This story was beautiful. To see Tony and Ziva happily married post injury is great. I'm also thankful that you didn't give us a fairytale ending. She's in a wheelchair, she still gets her seizures and has bad days, but in spite of that all is living the best life she can with the man she loves, her daughter and her father. :)

Have been AWOL for a while, sry. Just read the last few chapters of Village. Loved it. Am worried for Sara and Ziva. Mostly Ziva. She seems to be regressing in her depression. Am intrigued by what Sara said and why Tony seems to be disturbed by it (if I'm reading that correctly). Am heading to Treading now. From your Author's Note, am guessing that it's not a v pretty past few chapters? Will leave a review for that once I've caught up. Thanks for sharing! :)
rica chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
I simply love this story!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Crying here.

Tears of both sadness and joy.

Eowyn chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
i liked it, don't mind the future glimpse:). Glad they will get to adopt.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Absolutely beautiful. What a fabulous idea to write this in connection to Treading Water. You have blown me away.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Awww! Love it! Though I hope you finish Treading water and this one too :)
eva-david chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Yayy! You're back :)

It is so sweet how you describe Liana dealing with Ziva's wheelchair and the seizure. I had to blink back a few tears over the last few sentences. :)

As always; I loved it!
HAZMOT chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I love Liana and how she's adjusting to her new parents. She is very protective of Ziva and Tony and Ziva are the right parents to handle her nightmares of abuse. I love this future for Ziva and how she can handle her life. Gibbs gave up his career to be a full time caretaker for Ziva. You couldn't ask for a better father and now grandfather to Liana. Liana is adjusting quite well in her new home and is already bonding with Tony. It's nice to see Ziva have a normal life, even with the wheelchair.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Mazel tov, Mecha, you made me cry. You're right, this wasn't what I was expecting, but I loved it! I think we all understand if you need to take a little break from Treading Water. It can be hard to put the character we love through such heavy stuff. I'm kinda doing it with the story I'm writing now; even though I have a plan to patch everything up, it wasn't easy ripping Gibbs and Ziva apart for a while there.

I loved this beautiful glimpse into the team's lives post-TW, with how Tony and Ziva have fought to become parents through adoption, and how Gibbs has semi-moved in with them to help take care of Ziva. You can really see how far Ziva's come and how well they've all adjusted to their "new normal." I love Liana, and I'm impressed here, as I am in your stories with Sara, at how realistically you write children with traumatic backgrounds. The scene with Liana's nightmare just melted my heart. I love how firm but gentle Ziva is about holding her, and how Liana eventually warms up to the idea. Accepting comfort like that is an attachment milestone for adopted children.

I can't wait for more of TW and to see the team's journey to this story unfold. They achieve such peace and happiness here, and I get the sense that their family is complete now (although if they adopted more kids, I'd love that, too!) but I imagine they still have some tough roads to travel in TW before they reach this happy ending.
hslacer chapter 1 . 8/17/2012