Reviews for Lioness
Agent Striker chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
That was beyond sweet, I wasn't sure i'd like the whole AU thingy, but it was beyond perfect! Soooo sweet!
naTIVAlu chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Okay. Um. Wow. Well.

I don't really know how to start. First of all - I absolustely adore your writing. I think you are very, very good. And that's an understatement.

Favorite parts: the nightmare scene, when Liana moves "beyond basic affection" and Ziva's reaction to it, and the framed note at the end. But generally, I just feel like you've managed to beautifully convey what their lives are like now, after everything that's happened. It's a picture of a great loving family, together with Gibbs, Abby and McGee. There were hardly any dialogues between the members of the team, almost no Tiva, almost everything told from the child's point of view, and yet I had this incredibly vivid image in my head of how their life looked like. I think you did a wonderful job.

I have to admit, a not-so-small part of me still hoped Ziva would walk again. Happy Hollywood ending and all that. So it was hurting, a little, to find her in a wheel chair, but it most definitely wasn't a surprise. It made perfect sense with Treading Water, it's realistic and I think it was the right thing to do, plot-wise... And I can't tell you just how good it felt to see Ziva speaking so fluently again. For some reason that is what moved me the most, more even than seeing her so independent and past all of her insecurities and psychological struggles.

Oh and one more thing - I love Liana! And I love her name. I sometimes have trouble accepting some of Tiva's children names in fanfics, but it didn't happen this time. Maybe it's because she's adopted so they didn't name her themselves. Maybe not. I can't tell. But whichever it is, I loved it.

So. Turned out a lot longer than I intended. I was a bit lost at words when I finished reading, but I think I've managed to write everything I wanted to tell you.
What more can I say...? Thank you, very much.
DS2010 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
That was sweet I love their little Lioness.
bleujet13 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
*sniffs* * bawls*
MissCallaLilly chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
What a beatiful story! Thank you! Now please excuse me while I go look for my klEenex box, I want to read it again.
thegirlnextdoor101 chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Loved this!

This story balances out the "tredding water" fic thus far, it is cute and fluffly, and it is really nice to know that Ziva does recover, and does get "normal"

Keep up the awesome work! :D
ChEmMiE chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
... But I don't drink coffee! (How about some tea instead? :P)

I've said it before... but I LOVE the way you write kids! Simple, but filled with random imagination and thoughts etc :)
And also that Gibbs/Liana scene... LOVE the way he explains it to her.. in a way she can understand, but doesn't really sugarcoat it!

AWWW! the "I LIKE when it's just my family." was sooo cute! :D
- same goes for the nightmare/cuddling scene! I know we just get small glimpses of their life in this story, but this does seem to be one of those very important bonding moments! (Cause there's a big difference between liking to be smewhere and liking the people there, to really feeling safe and like you belong!)

I Love Liana! It's clear how much she cares for (love) her new family! - I supose she HAS been there for almost a year during the museum part? - refers to them as her mom and dad etc! :D

I don't know WHERE you get your ideas from, but I LOVE them! The whole note thing? Perfect! :D

You do realize, though, that now you've posted this, I'm gonna be expecting (Pushing/forcing) you to continue this storyline after TW ends in a looooooooong time! :P
slstmaraudersjple chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Oh my gosh. I love Liana! 'Lioness' is such an appropriate nickname for her! And she's so protective of Ziva ah! I canNOT wait for the next update of 'Treading Water'! (And 'A Village Life', but honestly, ANY chapter is totally worth waiting for. They seriously make my day!) I'm sending you good vibes and virtual hugs and chocolate chip cookies now! :)
Kobert38 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Love this story, Liana, the next Lioness in the 'Family' keeping it strong.
We can only hope for more of the Treading Water series as the David-DiNozzo’s extend their family.
Tiva4eva95 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Awwwwwww OMG that was so sweet! I loved it :) I can't wait for an update for Treading Waters now :)
krg11 chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
What a gift this story is! As someone who reads books by reading the first and last chapters first, I really enjoyed this look into the future. (I also always read spoilers, too). Very sweet story, Ziva and Tony have so much love to give, they would certainly do whatever it takes to be parents... they'd be marvelous with a older child who needs them as much as they need her.
Cleavage Queen chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Oh so sweet!
Thank you for injecting this story of hope into the Treading Waters universe. It's nice to think of a time when Ziva has moved home and is doing well.

Now - finish the Rest of TW! Please?
astrafiammante chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Just lovely! I hope we'll get to spend more time with Liana down the road.
punkcatwitissues chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
So happy to have you back! I haven't read Treading Water yet (I did accidentally read a chapter update before I realized I was confused because I hadn't read the story, lol) but now I look forward to reading it even more. Were you talking about aphasia when Gibbs was explaining things to liana?

This story was so intensely sweet and touching. I can only imagine how much more it must be for those who have been following the story. It will be something so special for people to look forward to when reading zivas struggles.

You have such a wonderful way about your stories, they tackle such tough things without either minimizing or exaggerating the issues. Such a perfect story.
AliyahNCIS chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Wow. I mean that, really. Wow. I saw something new with your name on it and was immediately afraid that you'd decided not to continue with Treading Water. Then I read the description and felt a little better, and even more so after your A/N. I'm glad to hear that TW will be back at some point in the near-ish future, as you know I wait for it like...well, like something reallly special that I know is going to make my day better.

But I have to say, I would totally be okay with random, deliciously long one-shots (that don't seem so long because I read and read to get to the end and then it's gone by so fast that I wish there was more) every now and again. I absolutely adored this fic! It's very odd to get a look into the future, but I was encouraged by how normal Ziva seemed, her language is so much better, and how well she's doing. I think it's funny that Gibbs lives in their basement part-time but not really funny because I'm sad Ziva needs him around, tho I'm glad he's available.

And they got a daughter! Wow. I love Liana. Not just her name but everything. I'm wondering if Ziva couldn't get pregnant or if adoption was what they wanted more. I love that they fought for equal rules and won. I love that T&Z wanted her, and how it suddenly changed in the middle when you realize she's settled in and she loves them back. I love her protectiveness but also when she trusted Z with comfort. I love the note she carries from her Daddy, I think Tony will be good at that job. And I love the gift at the end from the family, to remind her that she's love.

This was fabulously done and my heart just aches with your writing. You are seriously amazing and I love every word. Thanks so much for this, can't wait for more of TW! :)
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »