|Reviews for Love Will Tear Us Apart|
| Plume-en-sucre chapter 2 . 11/23/2012
I just discovered silent witness with "and then I fell in love" on tv , just to realise that this non-relationship has been going on for many season and that we'll never have the happy ending, but we'll always have fanfic so Thank you for this happy ending
| Mari chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
This is really well written... I've been suffering Harry/Nikki withdrawal symptoms too so this is good to keep me going! THANKS :D
| Decidedly Average chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
AH! Absolutely beautiful! (I'm on my third read of this fic! It's just sooooo good!). I wish this would happen, he wouldn't ever just leave her! Thanks again xx
| tigersbride chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
gorgeous ending, i wish i wish i wish!
I love oasis! good plan ;)
I loved this, I really desperately wish, even if it meant we'd lose Nikki, that the BBC would look at the characters they'd created and think, wait, he couldn't just leave without a goodbye... and if he did she'd be ruined...
I somehow feel theyre just going to ignore all of it. Ugh. Life.
| greyslostwho chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
This is PERFECT, exactly what should happen. As much as I love Emilia Fox on my TV, there would be something perfect about them leaving together, I think. a sequel would be brilliant, I'd love to see one :)
| LucySpiller chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
oooo I love this! I'm glad everything worked out! and the end yes!
| Cariad1987 chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
ugh happy love perfect so jealous of them
| Yo Witch Sister chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
Siiiiiilent night, hooooly night.
ALLL IS CALM. ALL IS BRIGHT. oh my lord not enough hymn practise in year 6 I will now make up lyrics
Yonder Abigause, she's a witch and she's mine,
She writes fabulous stuff and drinks wine,
wine was the only worddddddddd,
that rhymed, I am not absurd.
god those things are pretty.
Right, down, to, la, BUSINESS.
I reaaaaaaally wanna sing a Peter Andre song right now cause happy endings make chlogana happy but hush.
1. "Piece by broken piece" - SCREW CHRONOLOGY MY FANGIRL HEART HAS DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN. WHAT IS THIS GOD-LIKE WRITING? It was almost as though you, or Nikki, or someone, was actually speaking to me. Damn where is Italics. Like ACTUALLY speaking to me. And it didn't have punctuation but it didn't need to because in my head, it came to the end and there was this last line and it was spoken slowly, almost as though I didn't want it to end and so narrator in my head was like "Piece, by broken piece" reaaaaaal slow. GOD OF ALL LAST LINES, oh my dsjhfh I just got a text from you and spazzed like a freak cause it made me jump oh lord oh lord calm down. Right nice one, I got scared by the sound of a text. Cool. I'm clearly in some deep writing zone here. BACK TO POINT - GOD OF ALL LAST LINES, THAT WAS IT. THAT WAS THE GOD. That was like some truly natural ending where I could just breath and go ahhh. Everything isn't A-OK but it's good. It's good.
2. Hey I think I already wrote this number cause I thought of something else I wanted to say part way through point #1 let me look.
2. By the way, I said let me look because I got to the bottom of the little screen-y thing so I couldn't see anymore.
The end - so philosophical sounding it was beautiful. It was like the world made sense. I mean who even does that by writing? (Everybody say wayo, Abs does)
If you didn't get the everybody say wayo reference, DO LET ME KNOW ITS COMEDY GOLD, ALMOST AS GOOD AS YOUR DRUNK TEXTS (BUSH WEE) BUT STILL GOOD!
3. Shit I go on so much about everything else. WRITING CHLO.
Ok seriously, you actually got the exact precise emotions of the two of them spot on. How confused Nikki is feeling, but you looked in and pinpointed EVERY. SINGLE. EMOTION. You made it make sense to me and to everyone reading, and you did it justice. Which is important to me because when I read about H/N in this scenario I want to feel like they have felt how I think they should feel, how they would feel, and you got that right. So well done. Cos I am a tough critic init bludddd.
4. Going english gcse rn, did somebody do a little bit of a juxtaposition in there? Smart arse you are (hint it's soberVintoxicated) but it really worked, well DONE.
Sometimes I just go a little bit caps locks here (not here, here as in in reviews of your writing) because of ALL THE FEELINGS
5. Harry. Selfish bugger. I hope you bring Leo along.
But yeah no really, you got him right. He has to go. He can't stay but he can't leave, not without her. You got that so right, so right. I don't know because I haven't read others but maybe some are like: "Harry: YOLO NIKS THIS IS THE WAY ITS GOTTA BE ILY BYE" [No offence to any other writer, I haven't read any other Harry leaving fics and I'm using reductio ad absurdum (HEH SMART CHLO, lol no probably used that wrong) to explain to the writer what I mean] but then yours just got it right, it shouldn't be any other way.
6. I just LOVE the words you use. I've said it before but I'll say it again, you really do write so well. Like I look at the words you use and you could use so much more simple and dull words and everybody would be like yay ok that was nice, but you really use GOOD words. Like "His words puzzle you beyond belief and you're not completely sure what he's on about, but in the pit of your stomach his revelation feels so personal you can't stand it. You look at him, deeply, trying to gauge his emotions." I really like puzzle, pit, revelation, guage - they just look and sound so so perfect.
I could pick out like a billion more parts I love but then we'd be here for years analysing every word BECAUSE I LOVED IT ALL, ALL OF IT.
You are the most perfect person in the whole wide world and if you ever think you aren't than remember me, because I say you are. And I am always right.
In case you didn't know who this review was from, cause maybe you didn't, I DON'T KNOW!:
Lots of love, your sister Chlogana xoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxo omg one of the o's in there doesn't have an x it's like actually wrong. Here you are little o - x :)
Mind blank. Deffo had something else to say. WHAT WAS IT OH MY. Right I'm going to have to sit here until I remember. Lol I just wrote 'remembwe' and I said it like 'wey' at the end and now I'm singing 'awimba wey awimba wey awimba wey IN THE JUNGLE, THE MIGHTY JUNGLE' but I need to remember what it was I was going to say so you keep singing and I'll try and remember.
Oooh don't you love those moments where you forget and then you're all 'yeah, go me, ooh yeah'
Well. Thank you sosoososososososoo much for the dedication, I think you are wonderful like I said in that text when I first read it. I can't even put into words how amazing you are to me, and to the world. And especially to writing because without you writing is like (oh simile yep brownie point chlo, this is what english gcse does to you, I can't not notice now) like my current diet. Bland and boring. And also writing without you is like... trainers at a dinner party. Just wrong.
GOD I'M A GENIUS DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!
Love you xxxxx (I put 4 x's and then it looked wrong. It does, it needs 5. For symmetry.)
| WelshClaire chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
Ugh...I adore this...that "why aren't I enough Harry?" killed me...poor Nikki :( so glad he's not abandoning her though, and yes! Write an NYC sequel, I don't care how long it takes! :p
| Cariad1987 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
interesting loving everyones different perspectives on this
| dinabar chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Ooh I like it, and I'm half kidding myself/hoping that you will give them a happy ending and if not Harry had better have a REALLY good job in NY as all US university teachers are called professors, even if they are just bog standard lecturers so his had better be something terrific, or maybe Nikki can get him to change his mind...please
Thanks great writing and good luck for those exam results.
| The Thinking Woman chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Beautifully written and particularly heart-rending. If you decide to give it a happy ending, I'll love it even more! :p
| WelshClaire chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Finally getting round to reading this, it definitely isn't shite! It's great, aside from the whole 'Harry's leaving' bit (stupid BBC) I love it. I can't wait to read the next chapter! :)
| YOUR SISTER chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Palpable. SUCH A GOOD WORD. Fricking great.
GOD WHAT ARE ALL THESE FUCKING FEELS YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEL GOD ABBIE GOD WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU YOU WORDY GENIUS/WITCH?!
It made me so angry at Harry. Like seriously, had it been me, I'd have been like ''FUCK YOU HARRY" and stormed off and cried. Made him feel guilty until he had to stay. Maybe I'd have gone on stage and sung a song. At a concert that happened to be happening outside the pub. I'd sing a bit of Stay With Me, maybe some Who Makes You Feel (a) cos message b) cos dido. DIDO WOMAN DIDO.)
Who makes you feel the way that I make you feel (WHO WHO)
Who loves you, and knows you, the way I do
Who touches you and holds you QUITE LIKE I DO
WHO MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE I MAKE YOU FEEL (feel)
yep included the backing lyrics cos.
oh fuck watching the boy in the striped pyjamas it's so fucking emotional I hate the sound of violence.
OK BACK TO LA STORY AND YOUR GENIUS LIFE
god seriously though, how do you write this stuff?
I am going to tell you all the things I loved the most about it, 'cause I can. YOLO.
1. The three final lines, it was the words and the feeling and the description. It was all so tense and sudden and I could feel exactly what she felt, and the times you mentioned too, it was fantastic because you felt her "erratic panic", she had an hour before the last time she would spend with her very best friend in the whole world, the man she loved the most.
God you ALWAYS make me feel so emotional.
2. Raw. Lovely sounding word.
3. ANGUISH. YOU HAVE A FRIGGIN FAB VOCAB TONIGHT BIATCH
4. so dramatic omg! OMG THE LITTLE CHILD IN THE FILM. Ok not that though sorry, OH MY GOD NOW THE OTHER CHILD IS LYING. WHAT A BAD CHILD. UGH. UGHHHHHHHHH.
No no but what I meant about being dramatic was the last line. "the possibility of your life never being the same ever again." I KNOW NIKKI I KNOW. GOD. Brilliant. Seriously can't get over your writing atm girl.
Long and boring my arse.
OOH wouldn't it be crazy if it WAS 6 o'clock. Then I'd be like ''woah Nikki is out there right now feeling this.''
Anyway omg sorry I am so emosh lately I've been rambling on.
TOMORROW THOUGH. God Harry is a coward.
Anyway seriously sister, if you aren't an author then I don't know what's wrong with the world, you seriously have talent. Every single thing you write is fantastic. I see every thing you write happen in my mind, and I feel every emotion you describe. You get through to me and hold my interest until the last word.
I loved the part with them, with the "All these silly little things signalling his impending departure had been completely ignored by you, simply because you were under the erroneous impression that he couldn't possibly leave you. Not ever. Especially not now." that part was amazing. You capture it so well I don't think anyone else could, honestly wonderful. It is PERFECT.
NAH I WASN'T GOING TO LEAVE YOU LIKE THAT!
Erroneous is a bloody wonderful word. YOUR VOCABULARY IS LIKE GOLD DUST MY SISTER. Not sure what I meant there but hopefully the idea that it's fantastic came across.
| Lizziginne chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Hello you :P Right, as I said yesterday, its beautiful, you write so amazingly and the whole H/N angst Harry going to New York is driving me insane :( And you captured it all so well :) Brilliant as ever, and I look forward to part 2 :) xxx