Reviews for Smiley's Heroes
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I had never thought of putting Smiley and Hogan together, but this is a brilliant match, providing a thoroughly plausible genesis story for Hogan's operation. It's been ages since I read Tinker, Tailor, but the characterization of Smiley is just as I remember him, and I simply love his description of his impression of Hogan: "He was a natural mastermind, concealed behind a typically American hail-fellow-well-met bonhomie. I never met an officer who faced the Nazis with more perfect cheek and got away with it. If we had played chess, I might have won, but he might have made me believe he had. Or else he would have used his loss to achieve some unrelated victory for himself." An excellent outside view of the colonel. Great job in this story!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Congratulations on this story's well-deserved nomination for Best Crossover for this year's Papa Bear Awards!
NiDubhchair chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
*sniffle* NOT NEWKIRK! :-) Lovely story! A fantastic idea, to cross these two worlds. They fit so very well together when you take out some of the absolute silliness from HH. Giving me ideas for my long-brewing HH fic ;-)
alanna of olua chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This is a great story.
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Love it! What a great combination!