Reviews for In Good Hands
Guest chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
Awesome. John whump and no slash: What could be better?
becgate chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
Wonderful! !
Beside Moonlight chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Thank goodness for Lestrade. ;D
Arowen13 chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
Is it bad that I think this ended a little too soon?
Guest chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Meritricious, as always.
Basser chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Aww, oh no! That's where it ends? Though, yes, alright I can see where that's a good cut-off point, as the rest would be a bit boring. But still!

Anyway utterly gorgeous. You set the mood and the scenery with a masterstroke of descriptive narrative and Sherlock's vague panic feels very believable and in-character. John's great too, for as little as he manages to get done before he passes out, haha. His stoicism is there, and the way he deals with Sherlock being lost and bewildered, very nice. I did find it disorientating at times when the perspective abruptly shifted from John to Sherlock and back, however. Who's story is this? Sherlock's, you would think, and it mostly is - but then John's suddenly the protagonist and I don't know it's jarring. Not enough to make me stop reading, of course, so it's not too bad... but definitely something I remembered.

Other things I remembered however were the beautiful descriptions of a wet English forest, enough to bring a damp chill to my arms, and the little details like vomit steaming in the cold which serve to really bring the scene to life in all its unpleasantness and hopeless, have-to-do-something-anything pragmatism. Sherlock tries hard, really he does, but has no idea what he's doing, but somehow you didn't make him sound like an idiot - just inexperienced. Which I highly appreciate as so often that isn't the case with fanfic. (Also, him getting bored and carving smiley faces into trees even in such a bleak situation - yes! Priceless! Perfect bit of characterisation.) And John deals with it in a wonderful proper stoic soldier way. I feel like I might be repeating myself at this point but it's late and I'm tired so I'll just wrap up and say it was very enjoyable, I liked it, the characters were lovely, and thanks for the fun read.
302pilot chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Oh, this was very much enjoyed! Can never get enough of loyal Sherlock. Love your writing-do write more!
Cheers!
CB
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
Thank goodness for Sherlock and his girly fingers. Poor, John. Good job, Sherlock.

I need to add all of your story's to my c2's.
effywho chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I love your writing!
PBIceCream chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
That was so riveting and beautifully written, thank you!
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
So good.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed that! :D
ds862 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This was great... You did an excellent job taking the reader into that cold, damp forest!
Empress Akitla chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I just realized...I wouldn't want to get lost with Sherlock. He's pretty hopeless in a situation like that. Anyways, great story! :)
Coquillage Atlas chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
This story is very impressive. The characterization was lovely. You write very well! :)