Reviews for The Cult of Dionysus
Maxtaf chapter 28 . 5/11
I didn't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.

But...

I was impressed.

Harry starts out weak and whiny. But, as the author pointed out, he's a angsty teenager, who has totally valid reasons to feel that people are out to get him. They ARE out to get him. And he's been magically crippled by Dumbledore. So I can forgive the angst, and the drama.

He's occasionally a stubborn knucklehead, his behavior toward Luna being an example. But when they're pointed out to him, he corrects his mistakes. He grows up and changes his behaviors as needed. And that's what teenagers becoming adults are supposed to do. (Not that they always do it, but...)

He also does not have an easy time with every harem member magically getting along. There is jealousy, hexing, bickering, in-fighting, even some betrayal. But that is realistic (as much as it can be for a HP harem fic ;-). They figure out how to get along. It isn't easy or ideal, but they make it work. He starts out being a pushover to his girls. They kind of run roughshod over him, and do things to him for his own good. But they do care about him, and go to significant lengths to demonstrate that to him. They did force a ritual on him, but to do so, they sacrifice something important to themselves to give him a level of protection he couldn't get otherwise. Yes they should have asked. But they, too, were teenagers, and teenagers are not known for their flawless wisdom. Not every relationship he tries goes well. But that's life.

But he comes into his own. He takes hold of the only power he has, and uses it to take control of his life, and to win the war. He learns how to not be a pushover to his girls, and to not let them rule his life. He still loves them, but develops enough spine to be their partner, not their pet. He shows significant character development, and becomes a very potent character by the end.

All in all, this is a story I was not expecting, but that I am very happy to add to my list of favorites.

Thanks for taking the time to write, and for sharing it with us.
Maxtaf
RatherFu chapter 6 . 5/10
Why would padma pray to the god of destruction when he quoted the princess bride?
Kirito Tatsumi chapter 3 . 2/24
Wow, I don't know why, but I just can read this shhit. I'm getting second hand embarrassment just reading how pathetic he is.
Khatix chapter 17 . 1/29
If I was Harry I would of gotten my hand on a few enchanted guns and keep them in me at all times, that is a rather large plot hole in this fic. He's muggle raised and knows about guns and since they aren't electronic based magic won't mess with them.
Dissapointed chapter 15 . 1/23
I give up. I tried... really tried to follow this crap only because I was interested if it will improve but it didn't.

Why do I think so?

Firstly, there is no love. This story is full of abuse, setbacks for Harry, little things that go wrong, an indecisive wimpy protagonist who has no backbone, a protagonist who can't do shit by himself and by now was ritually-raped two times. The protagonist has no drive to better himself. He wants respect so he goes killing things. But when some bully curses him in a school? He just runs away in a panic with his tail between his legs. What respect can he gain like that? So what if he killed a Basilisk if he let Malfoy run his mouth on him constantly?

As for the love... He has three girls who are SUPPOSEDLY in love with him. The problem is I just don't see it. All I see is Su Li being the right bitch about fucking protagonist while allowing her friends to have some fun. There is no sweet interaction between them. No real show of love.

Threats, glares, hisses, sneers? Sure, these exist in MC's relationships.

It's as if the author was NTR'd by Harry Potter and wanted to take his revenge by writing a story where everything that could go wrong actually did go wrong for him and where even his girlfriends abused him while he was happy about it.

Honestly, it is frustrating to read. Especially since the 'magical' animosity of males towards Harry is intensifying. I get the idea and the concept but I still say it is dumb writing from the author's side. Somehow, Harry's magic is strong enough to completely mentally condition every male, no matter how strong, to hate him. How? That would basically mean that Harry Potter is the strongest wizard alive since the male wizards do not even notice it!

But the biggest problem is the protagonist himself.
He is just whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and whining and

FUCK!

Reading this is frustrating. When he is not whining, he is moaning about how weak he is and how impossible it all is... only for the plot giving him a miracle whenever the idiot decides to fight. But every time his classmates challenge him, the MC just bends over and TAKES IT. He doesn't even fight bullies.

It is getting slightly better later on but the first chapters were a pathetic show of a wimp without any drive and wish to suicide. Heck, the fuckwit was even afraid to suicide because he didn't want to end in hell.

But he just doesn't try to improve. Every signle of his improvements was given to him on a silver plater. Animagus? He needed it to pass Tranfiguration. Metamorph? Tonks showed him and they found out he had talent for it. Now the flying? He needed Su to get in danger of dying.

I am mad because the little dipshit can't and is obviously not even interested in getting stronger. He knows his magic is humming in his body... what does he do? NOTHING. He doesn't try his wand again. He doesn't even try to find a use for it. He just... waits. He does NOTHING.

Without women he would be six feet under not because he could not fight but because he REFUSED to improve and fight. The MC is ALLERGIC to self-improvement and that is telling enough.

Disgusting piece of pathetic shit...
Dissapointed chapter 6 . 1/23
This utterly pisspoor excuse of pitty-party-inducing fuckshit of a pathetic story!

The MC became EVEN WORSE!

Now he is self-pitying himself!
The fucker is in a world of magic! There are so many magical arts that DO NOT require wand! Runes, Rituals, Potions! And MORE!
And he tries to kill himself by Basilisk? PATHETIC!

If the author wanted to make me feel pity for the little shit, then he clearly miscalculated or his writing ability is so bad that all I feel is hate and disgust for the shit!

Seriously, this entire story is about MC moaning and moaning how weak he is and how he can't do anything to improve it.

The punch-line? He is not even trying to improve anything. THAT is what I find pathetic. He is just taking it. He is not looking for a way to make himself better. He is not really using his ability to charm women to make plans.
Nope, the fucker is even feeling bad about 'stealing' from RoR because the people who curse and hex him would probably not be happy about it...

Worse yet? The entire setting of this entire story is flawed as fuck. The MC basically can control when his ability to charm women is activated through the runes but he can not control when he makes males antagonistic? What fuckedly flawed logic is that?

And I am not even talking about the sudden NERF of his charm ability yet! Previously he was capable of charming 4 grown-up witches without even WANTING TO... he made them use ritual on him and Petunia even killed herself, after which they all obliviated the shit out of each other. He did this subconsciously.

AND NOW HE CAN NOT REALLY AFFECT A FEMALE UNLESS IT IS SOMETHING SHE IS INCLINED TO DO NORMALLY?

What the heck is the author trying to feed the readers?

I call bullshit.
Dissapointed chapter 5 . 1/23
Okay, anyone who expects at least a bit confident MC... this is not for you. The MC is a wimpy simp who can't even wipe his own ass clean without help.

He is totally walked over in this fic.
khatre chapter 3 . 11/2/2020
wow
and I thought Harry suffered in the original timeline...
khatre chapter 1 . 11/2/2020
holy carp this is starting out dark!
Guestinator chapter 4 . 9/22/2020
Okay I can't take this any more. Having read the other replies I have no clue what they are talking about.

Put bluntly?

Harry is constantly abused.

Harry is beaten, broken, and literally forced to shit on himself as his bones heal.

Lucious got custody of Harry.

Albus admits to not caring if Harry lived or died.

Harry's attacking students get off free since Albus threatens Harry on it.

Harry being too weak willed and afraid to tell people about the Blood Wards. He outright says he is too afraid.

It is honestly as if they are replying to a totally different story as not a single thing the majority have said fits in here even a single time.
Uday Sra chapter 28 . 8/30/2020
good
CountOrlok777 chapter 1 . 8/10/2020
soo what he's like a male succubus or veela or is he like a walking love potion?
dannymask chapter 28 . 6/10/2020
yep i was right i love and hate this story not only did you kill narcissa you killed ameila :-( other than that damn what great strory
dannymask chapter 9 . 6/10/2020
I love and hate this story love it because its a damn good story hate because you killed narcissa, i love stories where she trains harry or acts as a mother / guardian etc i'm almost afraid to keep reading
Pteaset chapter 4 . 5/5/2020
I read and finished another story that recommended this one it has been so good to this point and so unique I have read so many stories were the premises Harry Potter very powerful this is the only story where I’ve read Harry Potter very weak and somehow you make it work