Reviews for Maidens of Mayhem
drakensis chapter 32 . 6/4/2014
Very nice. I've enjoyed this part of the saga a great deal.
Guest chapter 32 . 10/5/2013
Wonderful ending. All the characters were true and real and fun to watch grow into their adulthood. I have read many of the author's Deryni stories before, most of them out of sequence. I kept bouncing around saying, "oh I like this time line, I better read that one right now." So I knew these people of Gwynedd in their more adult versions but for some reason I had missed this story. I am so glad that I found this story and finished it completely. I must say that Ailidh and Jass are my fav. Nothing like a little bit of trouble to stir the pot. I have really liked Sophie from other stories so I was really glad to see her and Seisyll's courtship. I enjoyed the interaction of new characters with the familiar ones; Dhugal, Duncan, and Kelson are given good page time. The writing of dialogue and story momentum was really well done. If you love the Deryni and need a little youthful romance in you life, than please do read this story.
emjalen chapter 18 . 9/2/2012
Oh, poor Sophie! And Stefan. I know he'll live, but it's a tough situation, what with the baby being a de Nore and a deryni. That poor kid.

Very funny scene with Jass. Nice to see he doesn't give up- though I imagine anyone who'd want to marry Ailidh would have to be a very stubborn man.

Nice scene with Sophie and Duncan. I haven't lost a parent yet, but I think you got what Sophie must be feeling across very realistically.

"Sir Jass MacArdry, like all his Transha kin, is a rough-around-the-edges Borderer from the land of plundering reivers, ready to haul comely ladies like the beauteous Ailidh and Celsie back to his thieving lair and have his wicked way with them. Whereas I, alas, am but a civilized lowlander knight, not all that dashing or exciting, but in the King's service, not to mention I'm a Bishop's nephew, so obviously your virtue is quite safe." -Very funny but also an eloquent way of displaying Constanza's own faults and prejudices. I can see conflict ahead with her Ailidh over this...

Ah, Sextus is a character! Though I imagine him and Dennis clash quite a bit on some things...

Anyways, nice job on this chapter and I'm looking forward to the next one!
emjalen chapter 12 . 8/26/2012
Alas, I am one of those shameless people who read a story for a while before they pop in and review. My apologies.

Alienora sounds like quite a piece of work! Very perceptive of Stefan to realize why she's always on Sophie's case (though using her first name is a little cruel but not as bad as what Alaric, according to one of the Codex additions, named his daughter!) and belittling her. I'd like to see someone take her to task to it one day...or see Alienora go one to far in front of Richenda. That would be an interesting conversation. On a more sober note, I bet Richenda gets that a lot. Not hostility but wariness. Though she's a powerful and connected woman in her own right, I bet her marriage to Morgan overshadows all of that in other people's minds.

I look forward to learning what exactly happened to Ailidh- romance gone wrong or something worse? Though she does seem to be interested in our Duke Dhugal but she's not at all Duchess material.

As for the lovely Celsie, Derry would be lucky to have her! Alas, I'm sure he doesn't see it that way and she still has some growing up to do.

Anyways, I find your story very interesting and am glad to see a contribution to the KK section on FFN. Looking forward to your next update,

Evie Delacourt chapter 4 . 8/19/2012
Thank you! Keep watching this space, as there's a lot more to this story, and several more stories-ranging from short story to novel length-queued up to follow it. :-)
georgiaj3 chapter 4 . 8/19/2012
I just read all your stories in one go, so consider this a review of all of them. I think this is a really great addition to the Deryni world, and I'm really enjoying it.