Reviews for The Purple Banana Hammock
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 9/14/2016
This was quite the time jump and I really liked it. I liked that we learned right away that they were married and that they have children. The how many unfolded shortly and that was fun too. I really liked the main subject matter of the whole chapter, his operation. It made me wonder why my husband and I never went that route. We knew since day one we were going the childfree lifestyle and I went the chemical route. This never crossed my mind in the nearly thirty years he and I have been together. I wish it had. Meh, at least we successfully made it out the other side childfree. I really love how very much these two still love each other as if it were when they first met. Back to that same nearly thirty years and my hubs and I still really love each other . . . we rather like each other too . . . which is very important. I very much enjoyed his rush to get those twenty ejaculations out of the way. So funny. Her 'newfound hobby' of trying to find him doing so, very fun. I really loved that they moved back to Chicago once his residency was completed. To start their family amongst family. I really loved this whole story. Thank you so very much for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 9/14/2016
I really liked how you wrote this chapter. How it went from current time to the past and back to current. Not allowing the reader to get too sad about them not being together. Keeping us filled with hope the whole time. I loved the way they reconnected. I liked that they both said they weren't pining away for the other, as they had no choice, really. Once they decided not to keep the relationship and go there separate ways, they'd already made the choice not to pine away. Yes, they thought of each other through the years and wondered the 'what if' of it all. To meet and fall in love mere months before graduation, it was bound to happen. Unless they were headed to the same city for her work and his continued education, which they weren't. I loved that when he got to her apartment, it was as if the years simply melted away. They are older and they know what they want now, and that is each other. It was a great chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
This was quite fun. I was wondering if Angela was joking with them at first, about the article. Then she was serious and they were wondering how the hell they could get out of it. Swimmers bodies are really quite something. yummy comes to mind. I really liked how he went in search of her and Angela informed him where they were. Saving her from the Dean. Although, I do think she would've got out of that in her own. He was very fun. I loved him calling and asking her out. Then continuing to call her daily later. Very fun to read. The almost scene was fun to read. Neither of them thinking to stop, as it was too soon, until Emmett knocked on the door because the police arrived. Their home sounded incredible. Even though she wouldn't be posting any follow up articles, jumping in ice cold water on the fringe of her article, with her there, was quite brave of the swim team. Loved your lemon, as it was quite hot. Her attacking him and giving her medal winning performance, was fantastic. Him wanting to reciprocate immediately was great. Loved it all. Very fun chapter.
cctwilight chapter 3 . 8/27/2016
It's been a while since I first read this. It's a great little story! Loved it!
NanaWillbur chapter 3 . 8/18/2016
AHmazing! Bravo! So glad I found this loving, heartfelt, funny and beautiful story! TYVM!
NanaWillbur chapter 2 . 8/18/2016
OMGosh! "I just love you so much and I can't believe I don't get to keep you"...broke my heart completely, but I do LOVE your story, your writing and this Edward!
Now I am overjoyed Edward is coming to Baltimore and they are still quite in love!
So glad I found this on this day, August 18, 2016!
MatingInspires chapter 3 . 8/14/2016
Loved
Marcela C chapter 3 . 6/21/2016
Amazing!
LizziePaige chapter 3 . 6/18/2016
I honestly don't know why it's taken me so long to read this story, I think I was a bit put off by the title, as I'm not into budgie smugglers or banana hammocks in any shape or form (or containing any shape or form), but that's not usually me anyway...so really, no idea, but I'm sooooo glad I chose to read it on this cool wintery Saturday.

I loved the story, the characters were a hoot, there were so many times I laughed out loud, snickered and snorted through this and I'm sooooo thankful that they got their HEA. Actually, if I'm honest with myself I think the fact that you almost broke me with "Objects in the Mirror..." (What a snot fest that was!) may have kept me from reading some of your stories for awhile, but I'm so glad I got to read the story of this Edward and Bella, it's a real beautie and a joy to read! Xx
starsmina chapter 3 . 6/16/2016
love me some swimward
renewagain chapter 3 . 6/15/2016
okay, so admittedly much of this chapter/section had me gushing over the great partnership these two have as much as the lemons. I just had my third child (third with no epidural) and also just finished my six week check up. I've tried hard to do so many things natural but was considering going on the pill, my mom started telling me that hubs should get snipped since I'm nursing and "you don't want that junk in your milk after you've worked so hard during your pregnancy". every method my ob mentioned has potential side effects except messy condoms...so ironic I'm reading your story today. I didn't really think anyone else had that thought process like this Bella does. But your Edward just makes me so hot because not only is he perfectly loving and giving in bed (and takes charge, be still my heart) but he chops the damn onion and tries to pay her back for childbirth. anyways, I know it's fic, but godammit can I have some more of this at home pleasegreat story, great writing!
renewagain chapter 2 . 6/15/2016
this is where your story impressed me even more...I adore a good "they find each other again" story, so what a treat that you did that here. gah I felt it with her that first chat that he escaped early from, when she felt "less than fine" and how they cautiously admitted to each other what they sigh of contentment**
renewagain chapter 1 . 6/15/2016
I had no idea this story was,.well, I mean, so good! that's really silly of me because of course since I've heard of it so much I knew it was good but thought maybe it was just all silly. but it's the BEST kind of silly. I should have known since your other stories are so well-crafted. it just finds me of crisp air and college and I love how Edward is so confident yet sweet...
scarlet5 chapter 3 . 4/16/2016