Reviews for Road to Perdition
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Great story. Very dark, loved it.
connystarstuff chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
This is a beautifully written story describing the thoughts of a very bitter Padme. And really, if my husband would do the things Anakin does in ROTS I'm certain I would also despise him and wouldn't say something as stupid as "There's still good in him" (aaaarrggh). Padme's reaction in this story seems much more realistic to me than in the movies.

So, even if I'm late with my review: Thanks for sharing!
BlueStar'sFire chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Wow! Very powerful, moving fic!
kyjori chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
intruiging...

I hate Anakin too )

I love any anakin bashing.
Andrew Joshua Talon chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
Brilliantly dark, psychological, and entirely plausible. Good work.
MadBrilliant1880 chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
wonderful story!
zoe chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
oh my god aj just because someone has different tastes and opinions than you do does not mean that he or she needs therapy get a life you're entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine
Shesbeenlying chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
I think I am the reviewer who 3 years ago signed this Julia, but i am not sure. I think I was very disturbed when I read this at first because i was like LOLERZ, No PadmeAnakin 4EVER. But I just remember being taken a back by the writing style even as a 13 year old. This is a beautiful, hardened story. It's like a black broken angel writing it who wants to be free, who is free, who is consumed by something. You are a fantastic writer, amazing. Just amazing. Although this is extremely AU, it's very much more relatable. Anyone who would have been put in Padme's shoes realistically would've hated Anakin by the end of it all, but I guess "love overcomes and blinds everything." Even if I still do tragically love Anakin Skywalker's character (my favorite character in Star Wars, I can relate, maybe I'm a whiney, aggressive, manipulative bitch? haha I hope not.) Again, I apologize for my "LoL" review 3 years ago, haha I suppose you can say I've changed. This story's stuck with me. Maybe because your writing style and the way you convey everything kicks everyones fluffy surupey non-cynical asses.
Vee017 chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
I can't believe some of the comments this story has received. I thought it was brilliant! Your portrayal of the characters and Padme's thoughts were great.

I couldn't stand Anakin at all, he was too stiff, whiney, and childlike. Palpatine really did a number on that boy. I could never understand what Padme saw in him, it was too fast and there was no chemistry at all.

I love Obi-Wan and Padme, so their little parts in this were a nice touch. And making him Luke and Leia's father was a great concept. Where else would all that light in them come from;)

Excellent story, it was a very nice read. Thanks for writing it.
A.j chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Hmm. Thought I'd drop a few lines in here because not all of you signed your reviews. (If any of you come back to check these, of course.)

Let's start at the bottom, yes no?

Anon: *smile* You know, I really agree with you. This isn't a very reassuring work of fiction. I almost like that about it because taken at its base, the Star Wars universe at the beginning of ANH is not a nice place. It is creepy. Thank you for the review. :)

Julia: Thank you very much for the compliment on the writing style. As for the other stuff... no, I'm not a sad person. I'm actually quite cheerful. As for Padme loving Anakin, I think the story addressed that rather well. It is an Alternate Universe story. It asks 'what if..?' not 'What Is'.

Julianna: *grin* Thank you very much for the compliments. And yes, Amidala even surprised me with this. She's a desperate woman, and the pity strings definitely got pulled.

Brown Eyes: *grin* I appreciate the praise. I'm glad you seemed to think so highly of the story. It does a writer's heart good. ;)

anonymous : You do have an odd sense of humor then, don't you? Thanks for reading. :)

Anakin'sAngel: I'm sorry you were offended by my opinion. To be honest, I still stand behind that statement. The way George Lucas set up Anakin's character in Episode II really offended me. From almost the minute go, Anakin (not Hayden because they are two very, very seperate people) completely unsettled me. He seemed paranoid, hot-headed, and completely out of control. He KILLED an entire villiage of people (justifying it by his mother's death or not) from the oldest man to the youngest child. And yet, Lucas used that as a way to draw he and Amidala 'closer'. As a woman, and an audience member, I found *that* offensive.

And what are you doing reading this story at the age of twelve? It's 'R' rated for a reason, and that demands an audience of 17 or older. Please adhere to the rules set out by .

REALbluelightsaber: Thank you for your feedback. However, I'm not quite sure how to respond to that. Personally, I don't think Amidala was being a bitch. I think she was reacting to a bad situation the only way she could. Finding comfort in another person, even if she couldn't be completely emotionally available in return. I didn't go much into Obi's side of the story (mostly because I didn't feel the need to), but I think he's in something of a similar state of affairs. They were using each other. It happens.

Grassy Knoll: I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review. I've poked through your fiction, although I haven't had the time to sit and do it justice, and feel quite gratified that you enjoyed my two jaunts into SW fic so much. *squidge*

Tanya: *grin* I'd certainly like to. Heh. Fuck Obi-Wan, that is. ;) As for Anakin? Please do me a favor and look into counseling. If you love behavior like that in a significant other, or as a type of positive attention, PLEASE seek help. Obsessive and dangerous personalities (like the ones who become WILLING followers in a Hitler-esque regime) are not good mates.

Again, thank you all. I appreciate the feedback, and the time you've taken to give me your opinions. Peace. - A.j.
Tanya chapter 1 . 4/15/2003

oh...and FUCK OBI-WAN!

:p :p :p :p
anonymous222 chapter 1 . 2/15/2003
I'm very glad that you didn't take the bastard comments below seriously. I loved this fic before, and I love it now. I'm not quite a reader of Obi-Wan/Padme, but this is a great exception. It's excellently written and it cuts right into it. You can't expect Padme to walk through the flames and not come out hardened and just a little downright manipulative and sinister.

Yes - Anakin lovers need much, much therapy.
Always an Angel chapter 1 . 2/13/2003
that was i cant believe shes using him! what a bitch! after everything he does for her she decides that its right to use him-i say again-what a bitch!
Anakin'sAngel208 chapter 1 . 10/16/2002
Hey, I take that very offencively...the part where you say... quote"If you like Anakin, you need theropy"un quote.

I just mite me 12 but Anakin (even thoe he turns to the dark side) is very loving.

but (I mostly like him because Hayden Christensen plays him)LOL

well anywayz your fic way..so..so ,

Gotz ta Go,

Jennifer :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/4/2002
This should be in humor The FUNNYIST thing i've read in a long time