Reviews for He Who Protects the Living
Bobboky chapter 7 . 11/4/2012
Very good
UNTensaZangetsu chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Interesting chapter.

It seems like Yamamoto may be investigating Fuyuki. That could be bad for the Grail War. Although Gilgamesh versus Yamamoto might be interesting.

So Shirou has told Sakura and Rider the truth of who he is. Rider’s reaction to his reveal was interesting. Was she reacting to his claim because her negative experiences with gods or is she aware of what shinigami are? Rukia said that Soul Society has been around for over a million years.

It’s curious that Shirou didn’t tell Sakura about sending her brother to Hell, I wonder if that information will be revealed in the future.

It really sucks that Assassin and Lancer died like b-itches. They were really awesome characters.

So, Zouken is going to try for an alliance. I hope Shirou sees through him and kills Zouken and True Assassin.

I am glad that you are bringing in Shirou’s archery skills. It is especially interesting since it fits with the recent revelations in the manga about Ichigo having Quincy abilities through his mom. Will Shirou in your story gain Quincy abilities like in canon Bleach?

Archer seems to be experiencing the soul resonance with Ichirou. That means that they are indeed the same existence. It’s just that in Archer’s timeline the fire totally erased everything he was and left him a blank slate, but in this story it seems Ichirou’s shinigami and hollow powers left his soul only partially erased. But shouldn’t the soul resonance be two-way. If Archer is experiencing Ichirou’s past, then Ichirou should have visions of Archer’s past. I wonder how this will affect their abilities.

I really loved the scene at the end with Saber walking in on Shirou. It is a nice reversal of the usual scenario.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Taromaru chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Well, it seems like the conversation between Team Saber and Rider went well, though a bit shaky. I imagine how hard it was for Ichirou to tell Sakura that he killed her brother. It was a small mercy that he didn't mention that he sent him to Hell('course, unbeknownst to him, Sakura probably would've been a little thrilled to know what the prick's final destination was after what he did to her). Rider's defensive reaction to Ichirou's proclaimation of being a Soul Reaper also makes me if she ever met any back in her time or if she's just being protective of Sakura after hearing his explanation.

Ugh, it positively makes my skin that Zouken is offering an alliance to our protagonists. Hopefully, Ichirou will see through that damn vampire at first glance, then Getsuga Tenshous him and his mansion to cinders. Well, he's at least erring on the side of caution.

I'm getting a bit worried about Archer. It's just my personal thought, but it seems like he's not only gaining Ichirou's memories, but his existence might be getting overwritten as well. The lines of whether he's Shirou's Heroic Ideal self from the future or if he's (at least, he's becoming) a potential version of Ichirou are beginning to blur. I sense a possible breakdown for him in the near future when the time comes for him to confront Ichirou. Especially if Ichirou, in typical Ichigo fashion, points out the folly that Archer's ideal didn't betray him so much as he betrayed the foundations of it (caring more about saving faceless innocents and the world than his own friends and family, plus trying to shoulder more than he could possibly handle by himself) for his own existential gratification. I think in time, he's both going to be grateful that Ichirou won't become like him and infuriated by Ichirou ridiculing him for his flawed reasoning behind his actions as a Hero.

When Illya appeared, I became as tense as Saber was during that moment. However, after the initial trepidation had passed, I felt endeared when the three of them sat down for lunch and Illya talked a little about herself, exposing her shy, childlike nature and social awkwardness. It was incredibly cute and seeing them all togehter made me think of a pair of parents spending time with their daughter, as sentimental as that sounds. It was also smart of Ichirou to give out as little information about himself as possible while still being relatively truthful.

It also seems like Saber is recalling Iri while interacting with Illya. I wonder if she'll realize that she's her daughter or assume that she's another homuculus made in her image (like Nasu stated when people asked why Saber didn't recognize her in Fate/Stay Night).

Addressing other events of the story, It was tragic that Fake Assassin and Lancer were killed by True Assassin. I was hoping that Lancer would eventually reappear for a rematch or that he would eventually join up with Team Ichirou against Kotomine and Gilgamesh. Same missed opportunity for an awesome two-on-one sword fight with Assassin. Oh well, It does expediate the plot now that it's down to five Servant/Master- two of which will become potential 'good guys' (maybe three, who knows)-and Kotomine and Gilgamesh.

I'd also like to comment that you do well in balancing the two aspects of Ichirou and Saber's relationship as partners and friends. From the training sessions with Saber to the little moments like Ichirou talking to Saber about what kind of foods she enjoys make their growing comraderie quite believable and enjoyable to read. You have an admirable talent at structuring relationships.

And THANK YOU for having Ichirou take advantage of expertise in archery. You are the second person in FSN fanfiction that I know of that includes his skills using a bow(that *isn't* a variant of Archer), major kudos for that. This will also prove to be integral later on in the sequel, given the latest revelation revealed about Ichigo and his mother.

And Saber walking in on Ichirou bathing was bloody priceless! Way to invert the classic Harem trope! It would've been funnier-albeit out of character-if Saber had gotten a nosebleed during that scene.

And now, Yamamoto is coming to town. Oh, this is going to be EPIC! Though, it's also going be problematic for many of the Grail participants, once he finds out about Ichirou, the nature of the Servants(Spirits with incredible power that can also feast on the souls of others? Definitely going to get the "Hollow" label") and the Grail. The old man may just indiscriminately eliminate all of them given his insistence on following SS's inflexible policies. Though, considering how lenient he is with Ichigo in canon, he might give Ichirou a chance.

As for criticism, nothing over than a insignificant misspelling during the Lancer vs True Assassin scene where you spelled "darts" as "darks". That's about it.

Overall, this chapter was well worth the wait. I can't wait until the confrontation with Zouken in Chapter 8. Keep up the good work as always.
Cozman10 chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
How the hell have I missed this?! You've done an incredibly good job of blending the two verses' something that most authors seem to stumble with. Can't wait for more, keep up the good work!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Compared to the previous chapters this one felt a bit clingy to me... and please don't include the "latest revelation" in manga just yet.
MWkillkenny84 chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Good chapter.
Oh, so the route is Heaven's Feel, uh?
Or a variant of that.
Good job... I'm sorry for Lancer.
Will Zouken meet his end at Zangetsu's point (be at Shirou's or HOLLOW!Shirou's hands does not matter)?
Vote: 10
Raximus chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
the plot thickens i can't wait and did you just send yamamoto in the middle of the grail war isn't that like using a nuke against a bug?
Zero-Nightmare chapter 7 . 11/3/2012
Hi again! Don't worry about the time or the game, I myself fall tot hat as well lol

Really AWKWARD moment for Ichirou and the prune wants an alliance? Not good at all!

Yamamoto, we all know you should retire...look at what happened to you in the manga. Those memory blanjks will sure speell doom for you.

Too bad Lancer and Caster got X'd by...Truere Assasin? How did that happen? And most of all, didn't a certain sour prune-man had an alliance with that shady priest? I seriously DID NOT see that coming.

Good to see Rin still thinks in a good way of Ichirou while the resonance isn't doing to much good to Archer. I hope mit doesn't come in a bad moment.

Nice moment with Illya and Saber seems to be remember her former pseudo-master, wondert her face when she realizes fully who illya is.

Good touch with the reversal of the bath incident. And more interaction with Saber Alter!

Looking forward to more and good luck!

See ya!
Grinja chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
More more more!
Selias chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
"-ch- -s-ki-" Is Archer turning into Ichigo?
Sacchin chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
Cool! I like how this chapter turned out! I will be waiting for your next update! :D
Iamsomeone22 chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
Hahaha... Thanks for the new chapter, it was fine it wasn't that long. Did you have a good Halloween? I like that situation reversal that happened, too bad they became serious too fast. Looking forward to the next one then!
Zaralann chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
Nice chapter!
FateBurn chapter 7 . 11/2/2012
Good chapter please continue soon and dont worry Im doing the same with my copy of white 2 myself.
361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »