Reviews for He Who Protects the Living
Dp11 chapter 10 . 2/25/2013
When will rider learn that they are literally gods of death well good job keep up the update
Grinja chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Oh no, Kurotsuchi is going to do experiments on people. Evils only Zouken can probably imagine.
Guest chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Man Great Chapter!

And let me guess... that Cero blast will instantly obliterate the Reality Marble.
Taromaru chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
The scenes depicting the romantic tension between our favorite Master-Servant duo are always precious. Ichirou also seems to be getting bolder with his advances towards Saber since confessing his love. It's also rather entertaining to see Saber attempt to be be strict with Ichirou whenever he tries to amorous, only to fail everytime. Heh, it's almost like a real-life relationship lol. It makes me wonder what their relationship will be like when Saber completely accepts her real feelings.

The restaurant scene was rather amusing. Seeing Saber getting jealous over the
obvious advances made by Yuzuhara was adorable(made even cuter by the fact that she wasn't even aware of her own jealousy). Btw, you accidentally started calling her Suzuhara after a few paragraphs, so you may want to fix that.

As for the confrontation(which I've been anticipating for awhile), man, it went worse than expected. It was strange seeing Rin behave so viciously towards Ichirou, but then, this is a Rin who's fully embraced her magus mentality and ego, perceives Ichirou as a deceitful manipulator(thanks to misunderstandings and inconveniently timed circumstances e.g. Archer), and is now blinded by irrrational hatred towards him for "betraying" her sister's love for his Servan. It also brings to light an interesting reversal in dynamics, where Rin is the one who wishes to kill Ichirou while Archer is noticably uncomfortable and shows minute traces of guilt over the idea. Again, you put a unique spin on things that others haven't done.

And I can only imagine just how devastated Ichirou felt after hearing how he drove a virtual family member into seeking sanctuary with an enemy. Speaking of which, I wonder how Sakura will feel once she realizes that the latest events are unintentionally her fault. Rider's pathological hatred towards Ichirou is also beginning to get out of hand. If it continues to fester at this rate, it may affect her judgement and put her charge in jeopardy if she keeps it up. Really hope Ichirou sits her down and sets her straight in the forseeable future.

The battle, OTOH, is where I have to voice some complaints. As Armor of Geddon noted, Archer couldn't contend with Saber in terms of pure melee combat even back when she was sustained by an incomplete contract with Shirou(who was also much weaker than Ichirou). In fact, she defeated him instantly. So, the idea that he could fend off both a super-powered Saber with Prana Burst(and her own version of Shunpo) and Ichirou stretches suspension of disbelief quite a bit, even with Archer's fighting style against stronger opponents taken into account. I mean, unless the feedback resonance is giving Archer access to Ichirou's monstrous reiatsu, it's a little hard to swallow.

Same in the case of Hollow Ichirou, who had troubles dodging Archer's strikes despite the fact that normal Ichirou could keep up-with tremendous effort-with Rider using Shunpo, who is much faster than Archer. Granted that Hollow Ichirou is a Berserker in battle, but he's usually a smart berserker who doesn't allow himself to be open to attack unless he can afford to.

Though, on the positive side, Archer will now have to face the combined might of Hollow Ichirou in Full Hollow form(with a dragon motif thanks to Saber's draconian heritage) and Alter Saber. Man, is he screwed.

And speaking of screwed, it seems certain unsavory parties are focusing their full attention on Ichirou and Saber due the latest developments. God, things are never easy for them.
SeanHicks4 chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Interesting chapter, I dont think I expected Mayuri to be the one to visit the living world. I kinda wonder how Unlmited Bladeworks affected Zangetsu this time. I'm also kinda curious when and how everyone's gonna figure out Ichigo got switched with the canon Shirou.
ArmorOfGeddon chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
"It was somewhat like knowing the ocean existed, and actually seeing it. The experience was quite different."

Oh, Saber! Only you would equate seeing a mere cafe that serves delicious breakfast with the majesty of someone seeing the ocean for the very first time! Never change.

Unfortunately that was the most positive thing I have to say about the chapter. Everything else seemed horribly forced (like Rin and Sakura suddenly taking such huge offense to Shirou and Saber being in love, when in canon they either ignored it or were supportive; way to assassinate their characters) for the sake of making Rin and Shirou fight a rather anti-climatic battle.

The "battle" was kind of weak too, not to mention nonsensical. Any Ichigo/Shirou capable of using Shun-pou should have demolished Rin in seconds (Rin has great reflexes but anyone even approaching Saber's speed would dance circles around her), nevermind Saber not destroying Archer now that she's super-charged, or Shirou suddenly being so frail that a single blade to the gut was enough to let his inner Hollow takeover despite Avalon healing him. Oh, and Archer fending off Hollow Ichigo and Saber at the same time?

Way too many inconsistencies just for the sake of allowing certain events to happen in a certain way. I'd hate to offend you, but its as if everyone suddenly started passing the idiot ball back and forth for the sake of making this story turn grimderp.
ariados26 chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Now this is an awesome Chapter. Yeah, I really like where you're going with the story. Just a farfetched guess, but are you planning to turn Shirou-Ichigo into a Vasto Lorde? Now that is one unexpected twist that would be fun...

As for Shirou summoning Kiritsugu, can't wait for you to start on that fanfic.

Keep up the good work!
Selias chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
I can't wait for that bitch Rider to die. I know it's a bit harsh, but she's really pissing me off. Still, seeing Saber being turned into the corrupted version without being Corrupt!Sakura's servant is cool. Thanks for another great chapter!
saddas74 chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Hichigo and Alter Saber like Mayuri is very interested to see what is on the other side of the boundary.
BloodseekerX chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Really awesome but the updates for this story are going to be slowed again :(
Zero-Nightmare chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
Wild ride indeed!

Hichirou comes back and Alter makes her standing! AWESOMENESS!

HIchirou, you better explain things to Rin and Sakura soon.

Just what did the Shinigami do to Rider to make her so grudgeful?

Looking forward to more and good luck!

see ya!
Bigreader in The Omniverse chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
How if shirou is actually Ichigo, how can Archer who is a future version of the Original Shirou, how can Archers Reality Marble resonate at all with Ichigo/Shirou's soul?
Also what is this section referencing?
""Don't worry yourself Sakura." Rider told her, hiding a smile. Oh, one of her guards was about to die. How she hated those blasted Shinigami. Why did gods have to constantly ruin her life?"
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Sometimes sharing isn't a good thing. Shirou/Ichigo's hollow power corrupted Saber and her dragon aspect upped Shirou's lizard hollow form to full blown evil dragon.
fokker333 chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Oh SHIT.
Bunny153539 chapter 10 . 2/23/2013
Ok... So how will your new story effect the updates to this one?

I love the way the battle and plot are heading. Rin is enraged over her belief that Ichigo dumped Sakura for Saber, Sakura feels betrayed, Rider has now been confirmed to have a bad run in with Shinigami in the past, Archer is in much deeper shit then he knows of, Ichigo and Saber are going ape shit mode, and to top it all off; Kurotsuchi is about to throw all his shit into the fan... God damn cliffhangers...

Story: 10/10

Characters: 9.7/10

Pacing: 9.1/10

Details: 9.2/10

Excitement: 9.7/10

Entertainment: 9.8/10

Grammar: 9/10

Overall: 9.6/10

P.S. I started to reread this story the other day... and lo and behold I get a new chapter when I am bout half way done :)
361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »