Reviews for The Barber of Stalag 13
prudence chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
very funny and amusing
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Oh, how funny! I would never have thought I'd like a story where HH becomes a musical - but this works! It really takes flight when Newkirk enters the song. Some great rhymes in the adapted lyrics: my favorite is Kommandantur/Côte de Azur. And such a sly reference to the German-version character Kalinke! That made me snicker too.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
You and your songfics/parodies! Always bring a smile to my face. Thanks! :)

Sue
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
The queen of musical parody strikes again. Nothing like a little bit of HH married with culture first thing in the morning. Very well done.

One thing though, and perhaps it's just me. I would've liked a slightly bigger hint for when Newkirk pocketed the envelope. Was it when Klink was out of it, or when he couldn't see? Still, I enjoyed this a fair bit. Good work.
newkathy97 chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I only knew this from the opera and a Bugs Bunny parody, but I was able to limp along pretty well.

Well done! My favourite line had to be the "Nobody breathe here, nobody move here" part because it was so typically Klink, but the whole thing was really funny.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Brava! That was a lively little diversion Newkirk conducted...did his singing really put the Kommandant into a trance? I did listen to the Tom Manders parody and you provided alternate lyrics very deftly (and the whole thing was hilarious!)

But somehow, I just kept picturing Bugs Bunny doing the singing...
Belphegor chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Marvellous! I had the melody in my head as I read (or a jumbled version, anyway) and this plus the mental picture of what was happening made me grin all the way through! That was an excellent foray into opera, demonstrating yet again that both the HH characters and fandom are a musical (and cheerful) lot! Bravo :o)